No announcement yet.

Double squadding...for a purpose.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to avoid aliased vets would be nice if like you squad tag your main squad and could roster on a second squad to dd with same name ideally with your main squadtagged because would be a pain to keep changing squadtags.

or just have the alias bot beep the opposing team if any aliased players and who they are
    %killed says "eat,lagged,lamed,lucked,caught,strayed,spawned,te amed,typekill,vulched,rock,newbed,lol,fluke,ooops, wooops..." wa wa wa stfu

most wins/kills in old elim database

rank ---name --rate --wins-- games---- kills ---- deaths --ave
    4426 - Spacely--230 --14819 --89734-- 516061-- 670940-- 311

Comment

I'm sure if this was to go down staff would make up some rule that would only let the player wishing to DS with a similar name so I'd have to use Rasaq1 or ImRasaq or something. Or even have staff assign the person a name so they know. We have vets here anyways who alias and ruin both elim arenas and all the duel arenas.
      Raazi> this is the only place men chase jessup

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
        I'm sure if this was to go down staff would make up some rule that would only let the player wishing to DS with a similar name so I'd have to use Rasaq1 or ImRasaq or something.
        so like RasaqPnus
        1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
        Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
        1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
        1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
        beam> stfu tsunami
        Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
        beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
        Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

so like CoolStoryBrasaq
          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

I am sure it is possible to override the double squad checking in TWD website, meaning that one could join another roster on the same name he's rostered on. I'm not sure though, but it would make sense and that way we wouldn't have to handle with multiple aliases and keep track on who's who as staff.

The power to double squad should only be given to veteran players who we, as staff, can trust.

Comment

I can try to get this idea going once again (suggested roughly a year ago to Stabwound, who was the head TWD op at that time) and recently someone else was brainstorming it on TWD forums. Not that I can leak any more than that, but we shall see if we can get this going. :]

Comment

this is a bad idea

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                  The power to double squad should only be given to veteran players who we, as staff, can trust.
                  this is hilariouos, I can't wait to see the thread where turban and staff get to decide which of their friends is allowed to double squad. way to bring new players into the game by the way, this is definitely going to increase activity as new players realize that although they have 3 online, they can't play a game because their vet cap is currently playing on his "real" squad, and when he's done playing in a real game he'll just switch squads and come hang out with you for a bit and lose.

Originally posted by dwopple
                  Double squadding...for a purpose.
                  sooooo yeah its TWL, and soft lock...maybe even hard lock is in effect, either way..im stuck on dice if i want to play TWL (not that i would leave). Anyway, i wanna know if its possible for me to double squad to say.. create my own training squad (like tenure)...or even JOIN tenure to play with them/help train some of their new guys up to speed.
                  no dwopple would never leave dice, that couldn't possibly be the reason he wants to double squad, it's to help the zone! leaving dice 1 month before twl ends, it's all for the zone guys! i think the newbies will much more appreciate a veteran's help if they are actually willing to run their squad full time and not just hop on when their other squad is inactive.

you want to know what keeps this game going more than anything? SQUAD COHESION. as in, you know who your squaddies are, you begin to know them pretty well in fact, they become friends. how are you going to start feeling about your squad buddies when they are suddenly not fully on your squad anymore, and you start playing against them, or you don't have enough to play so you watch them play on another squad, knowing that if they were on your squad where the belong you would have enough to play. you won't hate them or anything, but you won't care about them as much or your squad for that matter because it now has a revolving door, just like they won't care about your squad as much. "oh great, i could be bding right now but renzi is playing a game on dice and tim is playing a game on penetrate, i thought those squad were my rivals, i thought those players were on my team, now everything is blurred and meaningless, oh the humanity."
                  Last edited by Vatican Assassin; 07-12-2011, 02:06 PM.

Comment

surprisingly, i agree with the narcissist above.

although, i would have said it with a little less of a sarcastic, bitchy tone.
                    4:BigKing> xD
                    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                    4:BigKing> what did i do???
                    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                    4:BigKing> ???? why though
                    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

and it would have been boring, you know, i could have stated it all in a neutral way and I would have if I was in a court room, but since its tw forums you can go fuck yourself

btw, narcissist means someone who is selfish, pelase show where I was being selfish in that post where I was trying to get players to not act selfishly and think of the squad first, dumb fuck. cynical, now that would make sense.
                      Last edited by Vatican Assassin; 07-12-2011, 02:40 PM.

Comment

you are a narcissist.

you have a personality of a narcissist/cynic, or an asshole.
                        Last edited by paradise!; 07-13-2011, 10:10 AM.
                        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                        4:BigKing> what did i do???
                        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                        4:BigKing> ???? why though
                        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

Yeah double squadding is retarded and pointless, however veteran ran pub squads make alot of sense. Of course the group of staffers who decide who gets to do this should be selected by the community, and their selections approved by the community obviously.
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Yes, and me getting laid every night makes a lot sense too but go talk to my wife about that.

Some good ideas have execution and/or resource problems that inhibit or even prevent their implementation. For example, everyone would agree that a 3D SS would be a good idea, but it cannot be executed unless the resources are available to get it done. And as others have pointed out, the double squading idea has execution and resource issues which need to be resolved.
                            From what I can tell so far, the execution would be that some kind of ‘trust’ level would be determined and then used to allowed some players to double-squad. How is this done? I mean, we have people who have been put on staff who have previously been banned for cheating so obviously ‘trust’ is a thing that is ephemeral. My opinion is that doing it that way will turn a good idea into another opportunity to abuse, another opening for drama/whining/bitching, and another burden on staff.
                            eph

Comment

dinglederp

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by paradise! View Post
                                you are a narcissist.

you have a personality of a narcissist/cynic, or an asshole.
                                awesome post edit it again faggot

Comment

Working...
                                X