--Add Hockey to TWD!-- ?Go Twhd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --Add Hockey to TWD!-- ?Go Twhd

OK so we have a hockey league anyway... but lets make this shit more fun. Add this to twd so this becomes alot more competitive/ different: squad players using 'none killing' skills.

Have it so assistants/ captains can go to ?go twhd/ twhd2/ twhd3 and challenge another squad for a 5-8 player hockey game vs another squad. I could see this happening. Make it so each game is recorded and have ladders on the twd-website (like other twd games). First to 5-10 goals wins. If popular have Twh-l.

Stats on the twd website could include: Number of goals scored/ Total Time they've held the ball for/ Goals vs games played/ Successful pass %/ wins/ loss's

We could experiment with the hockey arena size if needed and make it smaller for quicker games?
    Last edited by Fork; 08-20-2013, 07:53 PM.
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

i could have seen this happening 6 or 7 years ago. now? no

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

not a bad idea, there seems to be a lot of people who are obsessed with hockey still

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
        ?go hockey is more active than ?go base/wbduel/elim atm. Not saying itll last but a division for it could be "successful"
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
          This didn't happen 6 or 7 years ago because nobody wanted to take away from hockeyzone
          "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

How do you account for goals that should not be counted? Normal players in a match can not just change the score without someone supervising. Other than that, I like the idea. Last night we were playing 6v6 and we had 7 players in the game from our squad. I know our squad would support this in twd and might make people, like rednaz, who are not interested in twd, be forced to join a squad to hockey and potentially play other twd leagues. +1
            1:waven> u challenge
            1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Could make a zh (or just staffer in general) approve the match before match bot starts the game. Ex: you chall. team accepts. Staff gets a notice that said game needs a ref/approval.
              Idk just a thought. Or even do it like go base or go hockey.
              sigpic

Comment

zidane

not a bad idea, there seems to be a lot of people who are obsessed with hockey still
                I know who u mean. *cough* amputate *cough*.

Guy specs ?go hockey for a good time.

afk.
                Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

2edgy4me, dreamwin
                  duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

+1 this idea, replace TWHT with this. KIS.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                      How do you account for goals that should not be counted? Normal players in a match can not just change the score without someone supervising. Other than that, I like the idea. Last night we were playing 6v6 and we had 7 players in the game from our squad. I know our squad would support this in twd and might make people, like rednaz, who are not interested in twd, be forced to join a squad to hockey and potentially play other twd leagues. +1
                      This guy is right, how can we stop goals that should not b counted without needing staff to help-

1) ?if they could make the bot detect goals that are shot in the goalie area

2) or somehow alter the goalie area so only sharks can pass the ball - ?if this is possible

3) or like board said once a game is accepted a ZH has to come... Problems with this: What if a ZH doesn't come? Squads could accept and cancel/ accept cancel and staff would be spammed with messages- and lead to banning and increased forum activity .
                      1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Fork <HR>
                        Former TW Staff

Comment

Spam wouldn't be an issue so long as the cap/asscap who challenged/accepted is the only one who can ddothe cancel/ph/cr/w.e calls. Make em bot commands thats cap operated.
                          sigpic

Comment

I like this idea a lot. The 2 problems I see here:

a) this doesn't belong to TWD (but this can be easily solved with making a similar league, ie. Trench Wars Hockey League as suggested by Fork)
                            b) you would need a person to watch over the game at all times (making caps do the reffing can be biased for the team he is cap of)

SOLUTION: if the population agrees on making this new league, then add Hockey League on the TWD site (or a similar site), so people from a TWD squad can play hockey matches. Then, when a match gets underway, the bot sends a call to staff chat and someone has to claim it (this would be ideal for ZHs to take calls and get the required quota they need, but also others can do it if they want).

And that is basically it. There should be some minor adjustments to ship/arena settings, but other than that we should be ready to go.
                            "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                            Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                            Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Please believe me when I say that I would love to see this happen, hockey is one of the few non-basing features of TW that I personally enjoy; but the last attempt to run a more organized hockey league/tourney in TW was an abysmal failure despite best efforts. TW hockey is in limbo, everyone has the Hockey Zone for comparison and TW hockey does not measure up to it.

If the truth be known, all of the zones should be coming together and taking a look at the possible solution of merging them into a single zone. If we had a single zone with all the best from each of the current existing zones as the foundation, I think this would certainly increase chances of survival.

But as was proven when this has been touched on before (i.e. Demon trying to get TW and Hockey zone on same page 6 months ago), egos and stupidity comes into play and kills any chance of it happening.

Put succinctly, people would rather ride their dying zones to it gruesome death than to ‘give up’ what they have worked so hard on for many years. <- Solve this problem and be a hero.
                              eph

Comment

Working...
                              X