No announcement yet.

Hey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are missing the whole idea here. The point is to diversify players amongst all the squads as opposed to all wbs on one squad, all javs on one squad, and all basers on another. Squads that do nothing but wb, or jav, or just jav and base, should not even have the 25 roster cap because they are not 3 league squads. If it was up to me, and it's obviously not, I would chop your rosters again unless those squads started playing in all 3 leagues. To do that, squads will have to cut some of their 20 basers, 20 javs, or 20 wbs and pick up some other players, or begin playin other leagues without them. In a perfect world, with the players that we have left in tw, we would have squads that participated in all 3 leagues. Due to people not wanting to go outside their comfort zone though, we have teams snatching up all the players to satisfy their twd needs, but in actuallity they are reducing the amount of competition by recruiting every one they can. I see 4-5 teams playing in twbd nightly, and half the time they have enough to do 2 bds. You think having all those players all on the same teams and being able to base whenever you want is helping twbd, but its not. Basers are playing basers and wbs are playing wbs and javs are playing javs. No one is trying anything different, and it's making the problem worse. Yes, this game is on a decline obviously, but you sitting there watching in go down the tube and adding nothing but your stupid comments is accomplishing a fuk ton of nothing. Instead of complaining about ideas, why not take those 5 minutes you spent writing your less than useful comments and think of something worth while to say, or an idea you think could enhance or be better than the one in place.
    1:waven> u challenge
    1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
      You guys are missing the whole idea here. The point is to diversify players amongst all the squads as opposed to all wbs on one squad, all javs on one squad, and all basers on another. Squads that do nothing but wb, or jav, or just jav and base, should not even have the 25 roster cap because they are not 3 league squads. If it was up to me, and it's obviously not, I would chop your rosters again unless those squads started playing in all 3 leagues. To do that, squads will have to cut some of their 20 basers, 20 javs, or 20 wbs and pick up some other players, or begin playin other leagues without them. In a perfect world, with the players that we have left in tw, we would have squads that participated in all 3 leagues. Due to people not wanting to go outside their comfort zone though, we have teams snatching up all the players to satisfy their twd needs, but in actuallity they are reducing the amount of competition by recruiting every one they can. I see 4-5 teams playing in twbd nightly, and half the time they have enough to do 2 bds. You think having all those players all on the same teams and being able to base whenever you want is helping twbd, but its not. Basers are playing basers and wbs are playing wbs and javs are playing javs. No one is trying anything different, and it's making the problem worse. Yes, this game is on a decline obviously, but you sitting there watching in go down the tube and adding nothing but your stupid comments is accomplishing a fuk ton of nothing. Instead of complaining about ideas, why not take those 5 minutes you spent writing your less than useful comments and think of something worth while to say, or an idea you think could enhance or be better than the one in place.

i think youre missing the major point against. the part where we currently have dozens of spaceship pilots like myself that log on a couple times a week for a couple hours and play. we arent going to start up squads and we arent going to increase our activity just because this happened. all this is going to do is shut the door on casual players.

that is what this change will cost. i dont know whether it will do what you think it will.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

stupid rule but luckily im on a squad under 25 lol. im probably the most active player on dice and i haven't logged on in weeks.. mega text me for a jd in a week or two alri? sick of checking twd site for dice playing a game or not
        (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
        (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
        (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
        (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

I actually think the smaller squads idea is a good one, more squads means more games and not the build up of stacked squads, However 3 weeks before twl is poor with squads needing a minimum of 30 games to qualify, doesn't give players a lot of time to form new squads get active and get 30 games. Poor timing, wish we could have had this decision 3 months ago as soon as twl was announced.
          British> my 18th tomoz $$
          Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

true story it should've been done earlier, but we will try this you guys got time to collect them games untill 1st of jan.

Comment

Originally posted by dsb View Post
              Greetings! We've been discussing how best to proceed with TWD. Effective next Friday (the 13th *insert scary music here*), there will be a 25 player cap to each squad's roster + 5 back up players is being allowed. Please fix your squads ASAP. -DSB

new to the game squads are not having roster cap. they are here to learn the game so i allow them have as much as they want
              Applause.

I think this is a step in the direction direction as far as taking action and applying vanguard methods of keeping TWD competitive.

What I have seen similar to this and used to great effect is 25 ACTIVE PLAYERS, and 5 INACTIVE PLAYERS.

What that means is that a league roster would have 25 ACTIVE PLAYERS who could play on the oncoming week, and the 5 INACTIVE could not. If a captain wished
              to bring a player out of inactivity, it would take 5 days to for that players to be enabled via the website; having no more than 25 players active at one time.

Example:

Sunday, Round 2 of regular season, Joe Schmo logs on at 10:00 PM EST; has been declared INACTIVE on his squad roster. Decides he wants to play again, Captain
              enables him as active, and will be able to play come Round 3.

__________________________________________________ __

Perhaps this might not work? But it's a chance to try something new and an attempt at creating a stronger foundation beneath existing squads and not necessarily create new ones.
              There are plenty of squads that want to base, but need a stronger support beneath them. This is a motion in that direction.

My next suggestion to keep the basing community alive in Trench Wars, is the push Left_Eye's idea of WORLD TWD. I don't understand why something like this has not been implemented already.
              To build upon that idea, we should keep WORLD and TWD apart whereas it would not contribute to a squad's points via TWD ranking, but would utilize the TWD roster.

Create one arena for each, BDScrim, DDScrim, JDScrim. Station a static bot in each arena, and allow the acting captain/and or assist to type a command such as !Zoner:8
              Prompting the bot to issue a zone wide message to TWD teams: Bot> Juice is looking for 6 competitors in ?go BDScrim. Then a captain or assistant from any squad in TWD come
              into the arena and claim cap via the bot, and proceed to add their team.

There is always a squad eager to base with at least 6 on, most of the time.

As much as I applaud experimentation with different ideas to keep basing alive, we cannot just change one aspect, turn our backs - and hope for the best.
              It needs to be married with other new and possibly old ideas, and continually worked on.

What I fear is that we established a roster cap, and do nothing else for months at a time to revitalize interest in basing.
              1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

i think people are just sick of arguing for shit they shouldn't have to at this point and staff takes that as a sign of "just gotta get through the first wave". because thats basically what happens now. staff comes up with bullshit ideas the majority disagrees with then implements them at horrid times and they face resistant for the first few days. during these days staff pretends to be afk to ride it out while the majority of the people just give up and activity drops. making change for the sake of it doesn't accomplish anything.
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Also, TWD will be getting updated graphics (along with TWL). All arenas. Enjoy that when it happens
                  ▒█░▄▀ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀▄ █▀▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ░▀░ ▀▄▒▄▀
                  ▒█▀▄░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░░█░░ ▀█▀ ░▒█░░
                  ▒█░▒█ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ▀▀▀ ▄▀▒▀▄

Comment

Honestly regardless of change being made or not made the arguments that follow in this game remind me of this.

5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
                    1:Cig <er>> ROFL
                    1:fiS> LOL
                    1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Comment

If roster caps were for better twl, should they be removed by now?

Comment

Working...
                      X