Hey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey

Greetings! We've been discussing how best to proceed with TWD. Effective next Friday (the 13th *insert scary music here*), there will be a 25 player cap to each squad's roster + 5 back up players is being allowed. Please fix your squads ASAP. -DSB

new to the game squads are not having roster cap. they are here to learn the game so i allow them have as much as they want
    Last edited by Conspiracy; 12-11-2013, 04:39 PM.

No.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

just kidding
      1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
      Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
      1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
      1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
      beam> stfu tsunami
      Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
      beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
      Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

Don't be a bunch of idiotic fucks. I already log on about once a week. All you're doing is driving players like me away. I'd say don't do this, but it won't matter. I'll come back and find out I won't have a squad anymore. Thanks g.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

have you useless fuks learned nothing yet? take a fukin vote/poll before pulling shit like this maybe?

1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

I think you need to take it a step further. You should make the teams earn those 25 spots by competing in more than 1 or 2 leagues, whether they win or not. 25 spots is for 3 leagues squads. There has got to be some way we can make it to where if a squad doesn't participate in more than a certain amount in a particular league, then they lose those roster spots. Albeit, I think there should be a little buffer between twd and twl, for example 25 for 3 league squads in twl and 30 for 3 leagues in twd. The whole point is to get people to participate in more than one league and stop hoarding players and diversify the teams. If you noticed, the teams basing right now are the teams who have recruited nothing but basers. Those squad need to get rid of some basers and pick of some other players that play other ships. It would be great if I could run a squad that had 30 javs on it and we did nothing but jd all day (I've done this before). The times have changed though and it's the critical time for TW, and I would hope I'm not the only one who doesnt want TW, TWL, and TWd to die because people are too stubborn to play against your friends as opposed to with them. The first complaint is going to be, we don't have anyone who plays wbs or javs and we just want to base. Too bad, so sad imo, learn other ships or recruit different people. In a time of small population, people need to be more flexible if they want this game to continue on, or we continue being ignorant to the fact that we caused this problem in one way or another so we must fix it. My 2 cents, troll on.
            1:waven> u challenge
            1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

This is dumb. Setting a cap for TWD is not gonna make it more active. The guys getting axed now, are not gonna make a difference on a smaller squad, nor will they go and start a squad. Just accept the fact the game is dying, and let people who have lives, log on to an already established squad to get in a few games before they go inactive for weeks at a time.

Comment

Not everyone is as actively playing TWD as you, Tiny.
                You need to face it. It's dying at a pretty fast rate. We already are and we must continue to rely on these "occasional" players, which we are eliminating with this step.

Remember what happened to the last roster cap? Exactly.
                I'd guess it'll take around a month until the cap gets entirely removed again or increased by a lot, so that active squads can carry and maintain to have some weaker/more inactive players on their roster.

It's TWD after all. TWD has become casual, and there's no need to limit the squads while the spots for TWL are most likely not even getting filled.

EDIT:
                Also, Tiny, I don't think it's all about the basers. Basing squads also have a hard time finding matches because there's not so many left. In fact I'm pretty worried about this years TWLB, even though I don't care about TWL at all, I think it'll be sad to watch.
                Last edited by fiS; 12-09-2013, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fiS View Post
                  Basing squads also have a hard time finding matches because there's not so many left. In fact I'm pretty worried about this years TWLB, even though I don't care about TWL at
                  There are no squads left to face these "basing squads" because they are all on about 3 squads. If they were to split up these squads instead of 20+ basers on 1 squad. You could get games with...3,4,5 basers and some duelers. Believe it or not, duelers like to base too, but no basers want to join a dueling squad. The problem is getting these packs to split up and continue to play.
                  1:waven> u challenge
                  1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                  Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

I think what is trying to be improved falls into one of two categories. First, increase diversity and competition in the leagues. Second, make it easier for new squads to form and become competitive.

Although simply reducing the roster size works toward this important improvement it does have some short-comings.

Was any consideration given to running the league ‘types’ (basing, birds, and javs) under distinctly separate rosters? This would be much different than simply allowing a larger roster size for a squad that wants to compete in all three. It also resolves the issue of players getting rings for a ‘type’ they didn’t really participate in.

Perhaps a configuration such as one that limits Basing roster to 16 players, Bird and Jav rosters to 10 each. Squads would have separate rosters for each ‘type’. A player could be on more than one ‘type’ in any one squad but the roster softlock and hardlock would still apply. A player could not ‘float’ between roster ‘types’ on the same squad during the season.

Obviously this means that a squad could have a total of 36 different players in the same chat but in reality players are actually competing for spots in a much smaller segment. It is very possible that a player who wishes to play in all three ‘types’ might not be able to do that on a powerhouse squad, they well may have to find a squad that isn’t as well established to secure a spot on all three roster ‘types’.
                    But most importantly, a new squad or one that decides to specialize in just one ‘type’ is still able to compete for players against the powerhouse squads. Basically you are getting the value of a roster limit while still supporting single squad chats/friendships/etc.
                    eph

Comment

If you log on once a week, go "hey, we got a game? No, ok cya next week." then you are not helping, but are freeloading on the activity of the rest of the zone. I know there are people who do this, plenty of them. Perhaps if you all scheduled a time/weekday to all do this at once, you'd actually help get some games going. As it is now, we cant get games cause we got 2 online from one squad, 4 on another, 2 on Javsquad4, 6 on wbsquad7, etc..
                      Former TW Staff

Comment

this will further separate the veterans from the newbies who are trying to participate in twl. captains have no choice but to axe newbs now and newbs dont have it in themselves to create a new squad and why would they? they know they wont qualify for twl on their own (esp with a lower number of squads qualifying). this basically defeats the purpose of helping new players transition into twl. we have about 39 players on Wolf currently. Once those 14 newbies are axed, they wont get a chance to participate in twl and will most likely just go inactive and quit.

this also affects people who like to play a few games of twl with their friends. these people won't make a squad on their own and just go inactive. this "solution" doesnt do shit but irritate veterans and ruin the twd-twl transition/experience for new players. not sure why you idiots make these decisions without taking a consensus first. waste so much time arguing about this garbage when we shouldnt have to.
                        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Dumb

for one this is stupid, if u guys want to base... type go twbd and challenge, have never seen a challenge from fierce in twbd. if duelers like to base... try basing and not bitching? refering to what glav said above: enemy currently has a 34 man roster, so i have to axe 9 ppl. 7 of those 9 people are never online so if u think by me taking my roster down to 25 ur gonna get someone worth wild... good luck with that.

last week with a 34 man roster we played: 14 basing games, 7 of which were on sunday. and 3 of those 7 days we didnt play any basing games... due to the fact that we didnt have enough online to play or other sqds didnt. so reducing roster size for a basing squad is 'base'-ically(see what i did there?) going to kill twbd.

how about u take a fuckin vote between captains and not just do what u want. dsb was apart of this and he is on my squad and i flat out told him it was a stupid idea and he told me he was going to do it anyways. tiny asked me a month ago what i thought, told him he was going to kill basing.

r.i.p. tw its been real.
                          1:Mattey> proof that god doesnt exist : animals can swim into your dickhole

TWLD Season 10 Champion - Syndicate

Comment

Originally posted by Cranium View Post
                            so reducing roster size for a basing squad is 'base'-ically(see what i did there?) going to kill twbd.
                            "base-i-killy" ***

Comment

Staff just don't seem to understand how the game works. Just about all of you guys are not competitive and barely play the game at all and that's precisely why you should value the opinions of active players over your own. Obviously roster caps hurt bad and new players as has been stated several times because they are the ones who will be axed. More importantly, this game has always been about it's community and by adding a roster cap you are effectively telling people that they are not allowed to play with the friends they have been playing with for upwards of ten years which will result in them never logging in at all. What Shadowknight (lol ur a pubber stfu) said is true about them not contributing all that much to twd directly by logging on once a week but he is vastly undervaluing how meaningful it is for people to play that occasional game with their old friend.

For as long as I've played TW, twd has never been a competitive league. TWL has always been the least active time of the year for squads and twd activity with squads typically only having enough players to twd on the weekends. Imposing the same roster limit on twd is just asking for a decline in both twd activity and also player interest in the game. I'm sure I am not alone when I say that I have no desire to play the same 4 people with the same 3 teamates every single match. Before anyone makes some stupid comment about Laser, Play, and whatever other newbie pub squads there are, they don't impact normal players at all. I'd rather play pub than twd those ridiculously bad squads. If a squad was formed from the players we axe, they would just get added to this list of non competitive squads that no one wants to play.

tl;dr staff are newbies and want to kill the game
                              Last edited by beam; 12-09-2013, 03:29 PM.
                              Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Working...
                              X