TWXD/TWWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWXD/TWWD

After the failed efforts with TWSD and TWFD around TWD gaming, staff should introduce a new change. As weasels are not really included in TWD gameplay, there should be the creation of a new division just for this ship. Perhaps old players would be interested in this and also bring some new interested players commonly seen in pub as playing in x too. you never know

Theres tons of stuff they could trial out:

-Twd Lanc league (would squads really play it?)
    -Possibly terr league (Would squads play it? Prob not with this one)
    -Turretwar division... 1 terr on each squad (rest spiders). Spiders cant move- only fire and attach.
    -Turretwar division idea 2... 1 terr on each squad (rest levs). Alter the bomb so its less powerful.
    -Challenging the world (when no squads are online) and the first 3-4 players that turn up vs the squads (This would work easily)
    -Hockey TWD (this would be used)- reminder to host TWL in hockey zone to be fair to them.
    -3 squads playing one match (practise mode- no twd points gained but possibly spacebux reward for winning 2 squads)
    -Events for squads only
    -Space bux for winning matches (more incentive to play twd)/ or squad bux instead.
    - Top 5 players that played the most games in twjd/twdd/twbd (by the end of the season) gets tw pub cash reward/ mention on twd website.

*now the problem is... too little amount of coders and the current ones are too busy working on their own stuff aswell as maintaining the game like fixing broken bots all the time.

TWD EVENT:

Ever heard this idea? Weekend Event: (win real cash + alot of pub cash for runners up) where squads play only. This has gotta be advertised for mayb 4 weeks heavily (to get as many people to join twd). To get even more interest... this will be recorded on Youtube/ live stream (commentated) so people come just to try and get on youtube. People have to register onto a TWD squad to play this event. ?mayb they have to play at least 3 twd games to participate. The idea is to get as many people to join a twd squad just so that they can play this event to try and win come real cash. The problem is you don't want the event to be based purely on skill coz you know a member of pandora/ fierce/ dice will win regardless and ?limit the amount of players allowed to play per squad. Problem with limiting how many people are allowed to play per squad: people will leave squads to join mini squads just to play this event and may not want to rejoin an active twd squad. So events like these should be made so anyone on a twd squad can play... and cash goes to individuels rather than the squad (to make it fair as 20 people from pandora will win vs small amount of players on other squads)... i would say luck games like twisted/ shrap would be ideal events for anyone to get mvp/ or win.
    Last edited by Fork; 03-18-2014, 07:09 AM.
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

I suppose the idea behind your thread is to incorporate weasels (and maybe levs?) into TWD in an attempt to boost activity by creating something new, that may be appealing to pub players.

Two team deathmatch to 10 would not work for weasels.. unless the arena is super small. That's too boring, IMO.

If this is ever to be implemented, a different type of gameplay needs to be thought out.. a different purpose if you will; a new way to win.

I think incorporating weasels and levs into TWD is something cool; these two ships are among the most fun to be in while playing pub. If we can create a different twist to the arena ?go leviwars (i.e. a different way to win than scoring a goal.. or perhaps leaving it as is), by implementing a weasel + lev division, then it would be more appealing I believe.

Each team would have one levi and the rest weasels. To win, they must do so and so and so [whatever the goal of the game is.. brainstorm I guess].
      Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

TW Turretwar Division
        Former TW Staff

Comment

Ok i've thought about how twd can include weasles (the most fun way):

Ok so its a small arena (size of flagroom) or mayb a little bit bigger (but u can see the whole arena on ur screen). Nows its a normal weasle death match to 10 lives but to crank up the fun and speed things up... there is a Javelin on each team inside the arena that can't get killed. Now if ur the javelin u have to consider firing bombs to prevent tks coz then ur squad is going to lose faster... hell it would be funny if u get a 3fer from a bomb that u thought was gonna miss again. This jav can actually help locate the other hidden weasles by firing alot of bullets (with it being obvious the bullets disappear so suddenly on contact with a weasle). Now if ur the weasle... this is like dodgeball/ deathmatch madness- Your tryin to prevent the jav from firing in ur direction and tryin to lure weasles to firing at nothing so u can see them and kill them :P. Also u are watching the jav because their bullets can reveal where they are (if they hit them). Squad teaming and planning is def needed here... one weasle could keep luring the jav to fire bombs away from the rest of his team... the other weasles could work on tryin to lure the enemy weasles to fire at nothing to see them on screen.

The weasles have full cloak (cant see on radar/ on screen).

The only flaw of having weasles games in twd is that players in spec will pm their squadmates the location of where the enemies are hiding.
          Last edited by Fork; 03-18-2014, 08:20 AM.
          1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

-Sorry... duplicate post-

Comment

Just to get this right: are you talking about the current weasel or some past one with full cloak?

Comment

I'm still in favor for the vs world idea. Allow a bot in ?go deathmatch and add a command so that players can !zone and !chall. Adding a bank to TWD squads would also help this idea out. Players from other squads and from the pub would have to bet money before entering.

Captains can set limits on how much a secific player can spend during the course of the week so that way they can't use up all the money in the bank that's shared. So add restrictions that only captains can adjust.

Comment

the problem is that ppl playing twd dont play anything different ever, or they wouldnt be playing twd
                  anything other than dd jd bd will never exist, and anything ppl in dev are bored enough to add will only be a novelty until it dies
                  The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                  SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

If players enjoy it enough, it would do well. You need to hit that sweet spot. Previous attempts have all missed in one way or another.
                    Side note, just noticed that "edited by" quote on your signature. I was surprised nobody else even mentioned it.
                    Former TW Staff

Comment

to be honest, twfd and twsd failed for a reason. ppl just dont care about a twd league that isnt in twl, they simply wont play it unless they are super bored. both those attempts were better ideas than weasel league, since wb spid and lanc(not this one) are ships that alot of players use regularly.

new ideas are good, but some simply wont work, and i hope staff doesnt attempt to create another league, because it will fail. Very Hard. would very much rather see dev working on stuff that we already have and try to improve them, than to waste their time on pointless leagues.
                      Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
                      1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

the great thing about dev is for the most part we work on whatever the fuck we feel like, and if it gets in great, and if it fails noone gives a fuck because we had fun working on it
                        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                        SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

tl;dr

As much as I enjoy adding new things, why not work on fixing the things that arent working. For example, redoing some things in twsd? Changing the map a little, as opposed to a time race, maybe a deathmatch? Or maybe not a dm, but changing the way the points are accumulated etc etc. Lets not throw together more half thought out ideas and fix whats already there. Just my opinion though. I dont have much aspirations for twsd, but I think in the basing world, it could be a hit if the right things were done to it.
                          1:waven> u challenge
                          1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                          Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Some different things were tried with twsd smallscale. It just felt like a bad bd clone. In reality, thats mostly what it is.A spider DM in a base-like setting would prbably better teach spid skills just as well.
                            Last edited by Shaddowknight; 03-19-2014, 11:19 AM.
                            Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
                              the great thing about dev is for the most part we work on whatever the fuck we feel like, and if it gets in great, and if it fails noone gives a fuck because we had fun working on it
                              good thing the dev have fun doing their work, but ur also supposed to produce something that can help the community. that is why these ideas with no chance of succeding are pointless to work on. focus on stuff that actually matter. not distension
                              Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
                              1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

Working...
                              X