Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love u nerds <3

-nt-
    1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

One question... what is this "tired out" excuse to playing bad? It's a PC game, not the Olympics.
      Jacklyn> i'm not here right now, leave ur phone number address and directions to your house, where you keep your money and what time youre not home and i will get Right back to you

Comment

Originally posted by Adeon
        One question... what is this "tired out" excuse to playing bad?
        Maybe it isn't the best excuse for playing poorly. However, I'd like to see you play 3 or 4 BDs in one afternoon or evening, then see how much energy you have. It's not the the Olympics, but it's more of a workout than channel flipping on the TV.
        The song doesn't make your hands clap,
        The hand claps make the song

Comment

If I am feeling tired or lazy and I am in a base game, I usually do a lot worse than when I am more awake and ready to play. Once or twice I actually closed my eyes during a ?go base game and fell asleep for like 5 seconds.
          sdg

Comment

It's all in your head, if you want to play good you will. If you want to make excuses for your shittyness, you will do that too.
            1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

i fell alseep on my comp chair, then i woke up sleeping on the floor
              LA

Comment

I'd just like to say in Cripples defense, when i was captaining, and probably the last time they based, i was mostly doing EZier squads bc alot of them had no idea what a cram was or what lining was. Out of 5 spiders we'd have 3 cram 2 lining, or something along those lines. Then if we didnt have Ajaxee on, I had to terr, and if hellkite or zephire werent on then we were lmiited on a shark, we put someone else in, what do they do? They mine on attack and such. It wasnt that i was avoiding anyone it was that i was tryign to teach the guys how the way to base. The older cripz were basicaly newbies when it cam to the cram bc all they knew was lining. Also alot of them didnt like base to much or even hated it. So i had to play squads where they garenteed a win alot jsut to keep them interested in base. Not every squad is built on basing and automaticaly good @ basing like u guys and others are. Some squads need practice vs weaker squads just to prepare there team for better ones.
                _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

AFAIK if you wanna be ready for the good squads, play the good squads. And also, why force a squad to base?
                  6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                  3 league vet

Comment

Well when Cig Smoke was on Cripples if Cripples didn't know how to get any organization of any sort going with basing, why should they play for example Whiterabbits? All that happens is that they get blown into pieces and lose horribly and everyone gets discouraged, plus even if they get things right the outcome is likely to be the same.

Under such circumstances I don't see what's wrong with Cripples playing MATKAL 4 times in a row.

Having said this, now that they're #3 in TWBD they ought to go play some better squads.
                    - k2

Comment

You don't see a problem when a squad is third and their last 10 base matches are as follows..

Jan 05 win vs. Puritanical
                      Jan 04 win vs. Seismic
                      Jan 03 win vs. Memnoch
                      Jan 03 win vs. Memnoch
                      Jan 02 loss vs. Burning Rose
                      Dec 30 win vs. Lightning Strike
                      Dec 30 win vs. KillerTiger
                      Dec 29 win vs. Veloce
                      Dec 28 win vs. SPliffNation
                      Dec 27 win vs. SPliffNation

Compared to the last 20 of RB

an 13 win vs. Spastic
                      Jan 13 win vs. Anti-Scrub
                      Jan 13 loss vs. whiterabbits
                      Jan 12 loss vs. Spastic
                      Jan 12 loss vs. Pallies
                      Jan 12 loss vs. Spastic
                      Jan 12 win vs. Mambo
                      Jan 12 loss vs. LEGO
                      Jan 11 win vs. Couch Potatoes
                      Jan 11 win vs. Anti-Scrub
                      Jan 11 win vs. Anti-Scrub
                      Jan 11 loss vs. Spastic
                      Jan 10 loss vs. Syndicate
                      Jan 10 win vs. -FINAL-
                      Jan 10 win vs. Burning Rose
                      Jan 10 win vs. Mambo
                      Jan 10 win vs. Sk8
                      Jan 09 loss vs. Mambo
                      Jan 09 win vs. Burning Rose

TWD needs a strength of schedule element and something to do with playing the same opponent twice or however many times.

Comment

Originally posted by Pure_Luck
                        TWD needs a strength of schedule element and something to do with playing the same opponent twice or however many times.
                        That's what the ELO rating is supposed to do. I think it needs to be tweaked. RB is still jumping around from 1st to 7th place in a matter of days. It's going to get worse after a reset if WR, Spas, and Pallies have 1000 rating and we have another string of losses like this:

Jan 12 loss vs. Spastic
                        Jan 12 loss vs. Pallies
                        Jan 12 loss vs. Spastic

Yes, we move around more than other squads because we BD so much but still... I agree with PL, the points should reward more for playing higher ranked teams and less for lower ranked. The ladder's a little more spread out top to bottom now- Spas 1243 to SomeSquad 863 but, in my opinion, it needs more. Especially since ranking the top 8-10 TWD teams matters for TWL.

Comment

-who cares-

Juice

Comment

K2 sees what i was doing, i wasnt doin it to get into TWLB that way, i was planning on working my way up the ladder of skill slowly while keeping interest in it.

Phren not all guys werent interested in basing, some were way interested (ajaxee and a few) others were like "ok a base game lets play" and otehrs were like " i hate base" yet they wanted to play or something. Putting a guy who plays baseelim all day into a spider for like 1st time ever usualy doesnt go to well, then try teaching him what cram is or what to d in a flag room fight. I did it to get them to learn, i didnt feel the squads we based were MUCH suckier then we were @ the time. Grant we could of put our neck out a few times and based some better squads, but i felt i had tehre confidence into it and they enjoy'd basing, and were actualy starting to learn it. Now since i left they havnt bd @ all, so im anxious to see if Ajaxee gets them basing bc they got a few gusy w/ great basing skills, and if hey put ther mind to it they could make TWLB.

Also u cant really compare Cripples and RB in basing, for RB is made up of what? 20-30 guys who ONLY play base basicaly (maybe a few stranglers), where cripples is made up of a bunch of duelers/javers trying to base. RB should be able to beat some of the top notch squads @ this time for as much as they practice base, i dont see cripples being as competative w/ them squads @ the moment.

As for the TWD ladder, as i said b4 TWL was over last season the TWD ladders wont be the most efficient way of chosing TWL squads, yet no one listend, u will have 1-2 squads in each league who dont belong there just bc they are super active, but dont listen to the obvious. Also if Cripples would BD someone and lose they'd start to fall back some spots, they are jsut holding the #3 spot bc they had a big lead (were #1) and having BD since.
                            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Actually RB has a bunch of javs, like me and Frozen Knight. But the point stands.

Hey, for supporting Cripples, could you guys lend us hellkite? :P
                              - k2

Comment

Originally posted by K2Grey
                                Actually RB has a bunch of javs, like me and Frozen Knight. But the point stands.
                                the only decent jav on rb is whytefang, back off k2
                                LA

Comment

Working...
                                X