No announcement yet.

Suff's Base Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it's all up to the jav whether or not he/she has the timing to hit cram from any position, roof or otherwise. How was the lower areas now that they're a little more open / usable? Did anyone actually use them?

Just a suggestion, but maybe someone should try using the miniweasel in the map bc now that there is a roof ... it's easier to detach from the terr and sneak into the FR.

I'll take a look at the FR and the whole thing bout the holes.

Comment

Come on cig.

Merged.

Comment

I was gonna put it together but this sorta turned into an arguement like all things and got off topic didnt know if neone still read it bc of that.

And i agre it is the jav's job to time it to break the cram, but if u got 2 good working sharks its very few chances per game u get to do that. I think u'd still havta time it if a whole was there to hit the cram on a strait shot, but atleast it'd be ezier to do it and u would have to worry about it.

On ur map the roof is definatly more useful to a jav as in it dont have to fly as far to get there, but the same old 2 wholes arent really good shots for nething, but its nice to be able to fly there ezier. And if the mini cloak was there that would be a good tool, but i doubt neone would use it. It is hard bc the bot yellz when someone was changed, good cloakers can still get the terr every once inawhile, i do it myself, but it lacks any use in a FR fight really, except maybe that extra rep.

Maybe put wholes every few inches or less around the sides/top of the map, that way the jav can shoot in everywhere and u always have to beware of it. Or put some wholes on the 2 sides, but if u did that u'd havta keep ur basic map where teh roof/sides are playable.
        Last edited by Cig Smoke; 02-11-2004, 10:25 AM.
        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Ok ... I'll look into changing the upper half of the base.

Any comments on the lower half? How did you like the revamped entrances? Did ppl use them? Were they too small? Were they defendable? Did defenders use the holes at the top of top (bottom part of mid) and shoot through the holes leading up to mid? Did ppl still use the way left and way right tunnels?

Btw ... can you comment on it wadi if you've played it?
          Last edited by Sufficient; 02-12-2004, 06:27 PM.

Comment

IMHO breaking cram depends on sharks and spiders, not the jav. The jav only becomes effective after the sharks are both dead or out of reps, so its the spiders' job to force that. Of course if both sharks are dead then you could argue the cram is about to break anyway, but the jav can be useful for cleaning up remaining elements of cram (if they still have more spids than you) or to force terr out/
            - k2

Comment

Don't change the map

Instead of changing the maps, why don't you people who suck ass just get better--then we don't have to change anything.

Good squads can break the cram.

You Suck-get better-keep the map. Nuff said.
              I came, I saw, I lagged out... :rolleyes:

Comment

It's not about wether good squads can break the cram - it's about how the cram requires no skill and is based souly on lag. TWLB had 16 squads last year, this year it seems you might only have 12 - you keep the boring cram and you're going to continue to lose players, soon they'll only be 10, 8 - etc.

You change things to keep them competitve - to keep an influx of newbies into each league. Keep the cram if you want, I don't care I already stopped basing - but be warned if you keep it as boring as possible, you're going to lose your audience.
                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Well Nick, I don't believe we're losing players.... I just think since some of the weaker squad (BS, Pala, NS) won't be there to fill up those spots, it will look like there aren't as many basers.

If anything, we're gaining basers. I do believe there have to be easier methods to beat the cram (it is beatable, but people are too stubborn to try hard enough). I like Sufficient's map, but I think it could use some more shots up top. Some1 posted a map with a tiny opening at top. Now I know this wouldn't add a second entrance (since a shark can simply put a mine there to stop that from happening), but I think it would add wider range of shots for a jav to break the cram.

Comment

If you ask me, the cram, point race, and fixed damage are all a turn off

Comment

But Nailed is a turn ON!
                      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
                      X