Lowering Lag Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering Lag Limit

now before i say anything, i know this is goin to turn into a flaming thread soon enough, but i want my opinion to be heard.

i know the lag limit has elimnated alot of the 56k users from playing the league games, and i feel sorry for them. However, the current lag limit really isn't low enough.

Anyone who has based against Rejected Baser (not flaming, just bring up an example), and who have played against Hirluin should know what I am talking about. again, im not flaming, so RB ppl, don't try to flame back. His ping on my screen averages from 240 ~ 300. That is kinda acceptable, well, sort of. However, his bullets/bombs can come 2 inches infront of his ship, and sometimes even the back of his ship. Especially when rocket is used. I know there are similar issues with RiArmada from Mambo. I know the lag is out of their control, but it makes the game very frustrating and unfair. Especially when it's a fr battle.

So please take this in consideration, and lower the lag limit.
    1 + 1 = 1

Btw, i want to see some good opinions to this issure BEFORE this thread turns into a flaming thread and goes into Trash Talk. So please cooperate on this. Hold your urge to flame back until the opinions are up.
    1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Agreed on both players. I don't think either of them should be allowed to play in TWBD or TWLB. Nothing against either of them, but it's fucking horseshit when the guy is a jav and when he rockets, he teleports from one side of the room to the other, and when he fires, the bombs don't show up until they're about 2 inches away from his ship.
      sdg

Comment

Oh, and the worst and most disgusting part is when the squads intentionally put these guys as javelin because they know how much they lag. Fuck you RB and fuck you Mambo.
        sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
          Oh, and the worst and most disgusting part is when the squads intentionally put these guys as javelin because they know how much they lag. Fuck you RB and fuck you Mambo.
          Intentionally put Hirluin in because he lags? Lies. We put him in for other reasons, none of which had to do with lag. I do agree the lag limit is a bit high. I personally think it should be more in the 300-350 range. The sad part is this will cause a lot of 56k users to be unable to play.

On a side note, is it just me or do people only complain about wb/jav lag and not spider/terr lag?
          The song doesn't make your hands clap,
          The hand claps make the song

Comment

SHIT ASS!
            LA

Comment

Stab...didn't you just post about SpaceHiker from Melee who lagged a record breaking amount of 36 lagouts, and wasn't this in the same game Nethila is talking about here? Wasn't Space also your jav, he did td us a couple of times (or at least the jav did whoever it was, don't remember and lazy to check). I admit though that Hirl was probably lagging, but he was wb for most of the game, not jav, and he usually doesn't lag that bad where you don't see his bullet 2 inches in front of ur ship. Although I am just taking Melee's word for it because I didn't see him lagging myself but I have a good connection. Maybe some people on Melee had lag issues themselves which amplified the visual lag.

But it is true that lag causes unfairness and takes away fun from the game. I'm inclined to say that limits should be lowered or strictly adhered to in twl, but in twd just leave it as is. These people that lag only lag infamously when there is a combination of lag from multiple people in the same game for once in a blue moon type of thing. If there is a time delay from which you receive information about an enemy ship, and there is also another delay in which you send information to other players it causes a cascading effect. Simply put it is not Hirl's fault completely, plus he only lagged out like twice compared to Spacehiker's 36 times.

On top of this it is not like Hirl caused huge problems in actual game, if he didn't lag he probably would have actually done better in tding and killing, didn't you Melee guys still win? I understand you just brought this up for lag limit considerations Neth, but if the lag seemed so bad on your end I'm sure your lag contributed to it.
              -L3

Comment

I don't see why everyone's concerned with fucking over 56k'ers. I've played SS on a dialup connection for a combined total of about six and a half years and my connection's always been stable enough to keep me in the game even with very strict lag limits. Lower the motherfucking limits already and put an end to these lagcheating bitches who suck fat donkey cock skill-wise, simply relying on lag to take care of the rest.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

O i know what you mean but hey you guys put laggy players on jav so dont try to be some holy saint here. Making necromotic jav, hes lag really helps breaking cram when hes shots cannot be repped sometimes, but thats not big issue, javs are ment for breaking crams.
                  So stop trying so hard to make this an flamewar?

O and ... http://www.twdivisions.org/body.php?...nMatchID=32988 <-- putting laggers on jav? ..o really.
                  Allthought not much damage done there, maybe coz if you really lag much, you cant really do shit :]

Back to topic, im with lowering laglimits if they are concidered to good limits...i dont want to see whole team get specced becouse hopone's servers sucks. Happened to Zyclon even with these laglimits, 16 lagouts). :/

To lil offtopic again..
                  Jason i congratz you on the fact that you are lucky to have stable and low ping routers, as a sidenote I can have same 120ms 0.0 0.0 on ISDN and 512/512 speed ADSL from here.
                  Sometimes i have 11 routers between me and tw, sometimes i have 24...thesedays hopone.net has been really cranky with Finnish etc. players sometimes

Oh i just miss those days when it was 10-20ms 0.0 0.0, but 100ms extra doesnt really affect that much yet, which is good thing.
                  Original Mambonian
                  TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
                  I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

You are being way too serious about this lag. It's just a game man :P get used to it.
                    © ♥ Hannes

Comment

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...&threadid=9181

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...&threadid=3789

Hiljaa hannu
                      Original Mambonian
                      TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
                      I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

actually lunch

spacehiker was not the jav, he started as shark, and eventually we switched him to spider because of his lagouts

his lagouts were not from lag, his ISP kept disconnecting him and we had no one to sub for him

his lag is well under 100ms and usually no ploss

folks a little lag is one thing, i tell our guys to deal with it its part of the game, with the popularity of TW's its not every going to drop

but that being said, as neth has pointed out, there is lots of players that "disappear" off the screen, or they fire, and their bullets or bombs dont appear till its halfway between them and u, and u have absolutely no chance to dodge because you dont even know it was fired until it hits you all of a sudden

its just very frustrating thats all

someone asked why dont we complain about spider/terr lag? sure lots complain about it, the ability to eat major amounts of shots and super power bullets...but its less of an impact as its more manageable

WB and jav though have a more devastating impact on the game

this is one reason why the 4 spider rule is not fair..... if your playing a team that is deliberately playing a hugely lagging jav or wb, then the best counter defence for that is another spider to try to hope to weaken it before it can lag its shots at you

anyways, that rule is not what this thread is about..... and there probably is no solution for it......but sometimes people just need to vent a bit

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannes
                          You are being way too serious about this lag. It's just a game man :P get used to it.
                          ya seriously u guys are way to uptight over a 2-d spaceship shooting game.
                          Imagination knows no limit

Comment

lck necrolagomotic bllz
                            2:Zung> Does this 2h mean 1h56 min foreplay & 3 pushes & a stare?
                            2:renzi> lol no
                            2:renzi> would fuck, blowjob/handjob, fuck, finger, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Evul Fly
                              lck necrolagomotic bllz
                              xpaapsdtoudfpasdfjospdfjpasdfjpsdjf
                              sdg

Comment

Working...
                              X