For Next League: Basing Games on Saturdays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Next League: Basing Games on Saturdays

I think we should consider having league games b divided for Saturday 2-3pm & Sunday 2-4pm (EST).

Pros:
    • I imagine we'd see more european n international engagement- I know that the reason many of my ex squadmates have not played jav/basing is because of this (miss u jones)
    • 3 straight hours of subspace (or anything) is pretty tiring, i love the competition but i also like balance. I've heard from a lot of ppl who play 3 leagues consistently also say this, pirhips i'm wrong
    • Who knows maybe more people being engaged means we haf more squads w tight roster caps/game balance
    Cons:
    • 1 spaceship league day is easier 2 manage 4 ppl
    • Ppl on EST time zones prefer to play in the later afternoon/evenings (i think i do)
    Basing on Saturdays & Wb/Jav on Sundays
    25.81%
    Keep it only on Sundays
    74.19%

Of course individuals have different preferences. Personally it is easier for me to dedicate 1 consecutive time slot per week for ss and not multiple. Also most of the time, especially after lockdowns, I got so much better things to do on saturday evenings that this would probably make me not to participate in such league.
    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

I often struggle to sleep Sunday nights after games and it f's me for Monday morning, so Saturdays would be better.

Regardless of which day it is, earlier is always better for me.

Comment

Let caps negotiate days/times til playoffs, then have all playoff games forward on Sunday
        J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
        8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

We should keep the sunday but play 1 game per league so games start 2pm, 2:30pm and 3pm. There is really no good reason for euros to be playing subspace at 1am sunday.
          Saturday nights I rather keep for something else

Comment

keep sunday time slot and allow capts to agree to play whenev they want should they choose

The Mind of the Father
            Riding on the subtle guiders
            Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
            Of relentless Fire

Comment

Originally posted by maketso View Post
              We should keep the sunday but play 1 game per league so games start 2pm, 2:30pm and 3pm. There is really no good reason for euros to be playing subspace at 1am sunday.
              Saturday nights I rather keep for something else
              why did we go away from this in the first place? I think 1 game per league is a nice compromise so we’re not deciding if we’ll sit there for 3-4 hours straight
              J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
              8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

Yeah I also agree with 1 game per league being better than 2.
                6 games total is too much, by the time basing starts ppl need a break.

Comment

I disagree. I like playing two basing games on Sundays.

Comment

I like 2 basing games too, but they start too late after 4 other games.

Comment

I don't understand the obsession with playing leagues on Sundays at those times. During non-league gaming, NO ONE is ever on and playing at those times on Sundays. In fact, Sundays are usually dead. Friday/Saturday and Monday nights seemed to be the best with peaks over 150-160+. Yet we do leagues in the middle of the day on Sunday... Why can't we do leagues on Friday/Saturday nights..

If we did that, we'd split the time up from being 3-4 hours to 1-2 hours each night (which is exactly what most of us already do LOL)

Edit: I just think we really need to attempt prevent burnout, especially for TWL since it's usually a zone killer. It baffles me we do leagues on that day and think the time it asks people to be present, especially 3-leaguers, is way too taxing. It's why we hear people say stupid shit afterwards like "I am retiring (from playing a game..)" or reading their sappy retirement threads on forums.

If people naturally like to play Friday/Saturday night or even Monday night, I think it makes the most sense to do leagues those nights.

Comment

Originally posted by Grasps View Post
                        I don't understand the obsession with playing leagues on Sundays at those times. During non-league gaming, NO ONE is ever on and playing at those times on Sundays. In fact, Sundays are usually dead. Friday/Saturday and Monday nights seemed to be the best with peaks over 150-160+. Yet we do leagues in the middle of the day on Sunday... Why can't we do leagues on Friday/Saturday nights..

If we did that, we'd split the time up from being 3-4 hours to 1-2 hours each night (which is exactly what most of us already do LOL)

Edit: I just think we really need to attempt prevent burnout, especially for TWL since it's usually a zone killer. It baffles me we do leagues on that day and think the time it asks people to be present, especially 3-leaguers, is way too taxing. It's why we hear people say stupid shit afterwards like "I am retiring (from playing a game..)" or reading their sappy retirement threads on forums.

If people naturally like to play Friday/Saturday night or even Monday night, I think it makes the most sense to do leagues those nights.
                        It used to be because people claimed they did real life stuff on Saturdays. We all know that was never true, but that was the excuse. COVID kinda removes that excuse anyway.
                        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I voted for the split if it would be a better time for Euros and we get more shows I’m all for it.

Additionally , We could do 1 series of 1 game per ship per day. For example:

Saturday:
                          WB
                          JAV
                          BASE

Sunday:
                          WB
                          JAV
                          BASE

i personally like playing 2 different base games per weekend since sometimes I just get to play base and not wb or jav

Comment

We wasting all weekend playing spaceships? No thanks man

Also, feel like most Euros are basers. No idea why basing isn't the first league to be played lol.

Comment

Keep the sunday but change to Base / Jav / Wb in that order. 3 instead of 6 games would be cool too so were not sitting here all afternoon and extends the league.

Comment

Working...
                              X