No announcement yet.

FULL TWL 25 & TWDT 26 ANNOUNCEMENT, STREAM RECORDING AND VOTING INSTRUCTIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Vehicle;n1359979]Let's ask ourselves a question: Who's been "forced to sit out this season"? Is it the 7- to 9-star player who's been forced to sit out in several seasons past? Or is it some of the 9- and 10-star players who have traditionally been playing every weekend of every league and been in the running to collect winnings for every past season?
    [/QUOTE]

It's not that 10*s or 7*s are being benched differently this season (though its true that 7*s are less commonly competing for prize money).
    There are 6 teams this season, which means only 48 basers are competing any given week. Compared to the next season, 80 will play each week (30 -> 50 in dueling leagues). Everyone is benching more this season, it's just the 10*s who have been more vocal (and probably have more to gain from more playing spots).

Furthermore, as Dwopple mentioned, money breakdown for the next league will look different. With a larger prize pool, more money can be allocated towards awards for high performing low stars, where this season has been entirely about who wins.

Comment

What happens at the end of next DT if Dad and Wirah throw in another 5k? Are we going to roll it over for season 28 for hype purposes? Just asking for a friend.
      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
      Message has been sent to online moderators
      2:BLeeN> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>no
      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
      2:BLeeN> ok then no
      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

[QUOTE=Vehicle;n1359983]What happens at the end of next DT if Dad and Wirah throw in another 5k? Are we going to roll it over for season 28 for hype purposes? Just asking for a friend. [/QUOTE]

Strong hypothetical, very legitimate argument.

Comment

Beginning to think vehicle hasn't even looked at the leaderboards ... you realize the vast majority of the current prize winners are 10* right ? Except in shark where's there some 8.5+ in the mix.

you've written multiple paragraphs about a topic you're clearly passionate about and haven't taken the time to spend 30 seconds to look at the TWDT site. I love this game. Having said that, I get why people are discussing this and it matters but your argument about why is a bad one.

Comment

[QUOTE=Vehicle;n1359981][USER="3972"]Dwopple[/USER] Did you not finish my post?

You're missing the point I'm making, which is that this "issue" is an invented one that only effects the small minority of top players who had to bench this season because of the star cap. Like maybe 10 people, all 10 of which have been in the running to win money in season's past.

And I'd argue you haven't even said anything about the prize pool would be distributed. You didn't say more prizes, you just said more money. My assumption was just that instead of paying cripple 100$ you'd pay him 200$.

My point is that literally no one was complaining about the prize money being "ill-spent". Yall chose to make it an issue and then got mad when people disagreed with you.

I still love you though and as I said in my post I don't think you had any bad intentions at all. [/QUOTE]

Don't we all know the saying about assumptions? (ironically, that's an assumption) but no, we would not shove more money towards the top performers. In fact, last time we had a larger prize pool (Racka's season) the money was distributed more by ratings tiers, including weekly prizes for low & middle tiers. There's the precedent for this vs just assuming we'd look to only benefit the elite. That's the exhausting part for me.

Now, I can 100% tell you I've sat a vast range of players on my team. That said, the vocal ones are majority top-rated players (not explicitly from my team), but snoopie, Lee, groan, beam, mhz, wbm, Flew, hulk are all heavily under utilized. Everyone listed would be starting with more teams, hence this good-faith proposal. I can't comment on other teams, but I'm willing to assume (heh) it's similar.

Edit: there's 3-5 more lowstars not listed who have zero playtime on my team mostly because they never showed, not that I blame them considering the roster size issue.
            Last edited by Dwopple; 07-19-2022, 11:56 AM.
            zidane> big play
            Omega Red> dwop sick
            mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
            WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
            1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

[QUOTE=Dreamwin;n1359974]Man, this community is something else lol.[/QUOTE]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"mind-blown-boom.gif","data-attachmentid":1359989}[/ATTACH]
              Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=zidane;n1359985]Beginning to think vehicle hasn't even looked at the leaderboards ... you realize the vast majority of the current prize winners are 10* right ? Except in shark where's there some 8.5+ in the mix.

you've written multiple paragraphs about a topic you're clearly passionate about and haven't taken the time to spend 30 seconds to look at the TWDT site. I love this game. Having said that, I get why people are discussing this and it matters but your argument about why is a bad one. [/QUOTE]

Guilty. I hadn't looked at the stats and you make a good point. The current leaderboards look pretty similar to what they'll look like at the end of next season too.(with some obvious edits)

Your argument is "there'll be more people playing and we can have more prizes so it's more equitable and we'll build more hype," my argument is "you told people you'd pay them and then said nevermind and that's a generally shitty thing to do."

I guess we can open the polls.
                Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                Message has been sent to online moderators
                2:BLeeN> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>no
                2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                2:BLeeN> ok then no
                :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

The prize thing does not make sense. There's no need to screw over people this season. There's no need to have a 5k prize pool next season. I rest my case.
                  [video=youtube_share;aV6NoNkDGsU]https://youtu.be/aV6NoNkDGsU?t=46[/video]

Additionally, prizes don't make sense. 30+ year old men with jobs do not particularly need $50 and are going to play internet spaceships regardless, however they do want a better server and are crap at donating to fund it.

Comment

think only fair way to handle this is to ask each winner what todo with their winnings, not put it to a vote. i for one would roll it over (or donate to server costs)

Comment

[QUOTE=Dwopple;n1359980]

This. [USER="334"]Vehicle[/USER] none of the donations presented by Dad and Wirah are being set aside for TWL. If anything, a larger prize pool would allow us to increase and distribute more earnings by category (winners, top performers by ratings tier) while making those winnings be "worthwhile".

To insinuate this was proposed with ill intentions is exhaustingly ridiculous. We're reading everything you guys post and are open to feedback in a constructive manner.

From Orcas alone there are plenty of low & high stars who would've preferred more playing time, and I'd argue a larger prize would be pool distributed around much more than is currently proposed would go a long way for the overall community, particularly the ones most affected by the issues this season.

That's where my vote went. [/QUOTE]

Why didn't you vote for a redraft with more teams and higher star rating before the season started?
                      I feel that was the biggest error this season imo and its wrong to half way through the season to change the rewards because new leagues have been planned.

And this isn't me gunning for the league runners because i know its a hard task, but the changes wasn't made at the start of the season and I think it's ridiculous to start doing it half way through.
                      Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

[QUOTE=Vehicle;n1359981][USER="3972"]Dwopple[/USER] Did you not finish my post?

You're missing the point I'm making, which is that this "issue" is an invented one that only effects the small minority of top players who had to bench this season because of the star cap. Like maybe 10 people, all 10 of which have been in the running to win money in season's past.

And I'd argue you haven't even said anything about the prize pool would be distributed. You didn't say more prizes, you just said more money. My assumption was just that instead of paying cripple 100$ you'd pay him 200$.

My point is that literally no one was complaining about the prize money being "ill-spent". Yall chose to make it an issue and then got mad when people disagreed with you.

I still love you though and as I said in my post I don't think you had any bad intentions at all. [/QUOTE]

Which e sport doesn't pay out to the winners and top players? Do people get paid for turning up and playing? Where's the incentive for people to want to be at the top and get better, it's nuts.

Comment

[QUOTE=Vys;n1359993]

Why didn't you vote for a redraft with more teams and higher star rating before the season started?
                          I feel that was the biggest error this season imo and its wrong to half way through the season to change the rewards because new leagues have been planned.

And this isn't me gunning for the league runners because i know its a hard task, but the changes wasn't made at the start of the season and I think it's ridiculous to start doing it half way through.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate your input and opinion, but the reasoning for this has already been stated multiple times across multiple threads. There was going to be disagreements with any decision. We're at the semifinals now, with a pretty epic fall & winter staring us in the face.
                          zidane> big play
                          Omega Red> dwop sick
                          WillBy> ^^

Comment

[QUOTE=Dwopple;n1359995]

Appreciate your input and opinion, but the reasoning for this has already been stated multiple times across multiple threads. There was going to be disagreements with any decision. We're at the semifinals now, with a pretty epic fall & winter staring us in the face. [/QUOTE]

I hear you bud.

Comment

why the fk is there a vote in the first place? for the 900th time, it doesnt matter if the prize $ is 100000k or $.01 cinidi. people played an entire season and literally devoted in some cases 15+ hours sitting at a computer thinking if they win they receif prize $, and you just decide the day of the last regular season game to put it to a vote and highly bias it towards cancelling the prize $ for this season

its the most fkd up thing i have ever seen. i dun think u put in 15+ hrs of "time and effort" running the draft, and u weren't willing to do a re draft with all the new players because its too much work, but u dont seem to give 2 sh1ts about ppl who played all season competing for prize $ and now you cancel last second

your opinion should literally not matter because you can't change this last second. Unless dad/wirah come out and say they wish to cancel the prize $ for this season because its their $, it shouldnt be up for deb8 to do so 5 minutes before the last week of regular season games

your a huge j1br1n1 for even considering but i hope you do the morally correct thing and keep it how it is instead of vsink h1rr1b1l 1th1cs

Comment

[QUOTE=viop11;n1359999]why the fk is there a vote in the first place? for the 900th time, it doesnt matter if the prize $ is 100000k or $.01 cinidi. people played an entire season and literally devoted in some cases 15+ hours sitting at a computer thinking if they win they receif prize $, and you just decide the day of the last regular season game to put it to a vote and highly bias it towards cancelling the prize $ for this season

its the most fkd up thing i have ever seen. i dun think u put in 15+ hrs of "time and effort" running the draft, and u weren't willing to do a re draft with all the new players because its too much work, but u dont seem to give 2 sh1ts about ppl who played all season competing for prize $ and now you cancel last second

your opinion should literally not matter because you can't change this last second. Unless dad/wirah come out and say they wish to cancel the prize $ for this season because its their $, it shouldnt be up for deb8 to do so 5 minutes before the last week of regular season games

your a huge j1br1n1 for even considering but i hope you do the morally correct thing and keep it how it is instead of vsink h1rr1b1l 1th1cs[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input as always, vio. You're a real pleasure. Cast your vote now!
                                zidane> big play
                                Omega Red> dwop sick
                                WillBy> ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X