TWDT season 28 - for the history books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT season 28 - for the history books

With another great season of draft league behind us, time to relive the moments, drama and both team and individual performances before inevitable period of inactivity will hit the zone.
    So how will the future generations remember this league:
    First of all, massive return into form by Ogron with HoN, such enjoyable reading, appreciate all the effort you have put into this league even without playing.
    Secondly, incredibly competitive main season with wild results, extremly weird lineups, teams playing with 4 low-stars due to low showups, weddings, hangovers, intoxicated players, yet another mouse drama, some game-changing trades, introduction of poube, self-nominating players of the week and FA draft that almost turned the tables and launched Ethereal into stardom.
    Thirdly, competely upside down results, where main season dominating teams failed to put same performances in playoffs, with ethereal/power/prime all failing to win, when it mattered most.
    We also had extremely tight base matches from semifinals onwards, and arguably one of the most tight semifinals ever between Prime-Ethereal (14:36-15:00; 15:00-14:44; 14:12-15:00)

Here are also some very subjective awards from Lee, you can use in your signatures:
    Best cap - Zidane
    Getting into finals in all 3 leagues, winning 2, keeping emotions in check (for most of part) and after testing, finding those combinations that work. Big part of his success also lies in very smart and bold choices in draft, especially in later phases, in rounds 7-12 zid managed to get jack, myself, dad, beam and draft. You got 3 out of 4 title match MVPs on that list Getting beam in round 10, who ended up being one of the most important players in our wb was a masterstroke. Just a reminder, in round 10 we had other caps picking players like elven, beanv, luidae etc. Having quality players allowed Power to field reasonably strong players entire season, also testing different lineups, something that many other teams never had the luxury to do.

Worst cap - Spartan
    Not much to say here, pretty much first round pick missing entire season gave them such a big handicap, even good FA with Bombed on board could not change the team for better. Rough on the other hand is such a wild-card, who only bothers to show for very limited amount of selected players, so confirming this before league would have been a great choice. (PS! this should be bannable offence really)

Best wb - beam
    Now loads of candidates for this, but i truly think beam had a sensational season. Picked in 10th round, he already from 1st round showed that he is in great shape. While before finals, i would have probably given this to iron survivor, then his incredible comebacks in both games for sure demoralized Prime more than they could admit and his contribution in our win is massive. Sure, vys probably had best season invidivually, but in the end, winning is all that matters.

Best jav - noone
    Now i really cannot figure out any player who would deserve this, in finals surely creature shined, but those were extremely rare apperances from him, getting into finals was hard work from rest of team. Power javs zid/iron/skat were dominant in early part of season, also yeh, cape and tiny put some great performances in later phase, then mikkiz/stayon took over later on. So in the end really strong lineup and trading choices from Myth gave Cloud the win.

Best spider - brethal
    Brethal was extremely good entire season. He never missed a game, always delivered, majority of times MVPd, on top of that, recorded all the games, never caused any drama and gave good tips to everyone on team. Massive work!

Best shark - zidane
    Pretty much similar story as with breth. Very solid and reliable performances entire season, some magical moments in finals and also managing to get to finals with genx .

Best terrier - ekko

Jk
    Zizu
    I think you had great season Ekko, but in the end zizu first of all won, secondly was dominant in pretty much every stat possible for terriers and had some brilliant moves entire season.

And awards that i care most of: low vps!
    Best low vp wb - Beast
    Beast didnt show much, but when he did show, he was putting some massive performances as a 7*. Such a crucial piece of Prime success, just missing that final touch in those final 2 games. Honorable mention has to go to rojo here, who pulled also some amazing games.

Best low vp jav - rylo
    Rylo showed to very few matches, but he won each of them, Cloud turned into unbeatable monster from semifinals onwards with him on the lineup. 6.5 is clearly broken rating, but even without rating, he was really playing on similar level with all other cloud players rated 8*+

Best low vp spider - dad
    Such an intelligent player, got better with every game, never really played with such a smart 6* before. Deserved win, was fun playing with you.

Best low vp shark - N/A
    did not really have any low star sharks this season.

Best low vp terrier - x-demo
    When top players are missing, you need to take a chance. X-demo stepped up in Bunnies and did an okey job. Not really lai level surprises here, but gj!

Here you go, season 28 wrapped, see you in next one!

PS! Sign up for cup!

Lee and dad best under 2023 great value picks

Comment

Originally posted by LeeRomeno View Post

also managing to get to finals with genx .
      I would just like to point out, in the last 4 basing events I have participated in, I have made finals in 3 of them. All with 3 different shark partners. Maybe I am not quite as bad as everyone thinks....maybe
      rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
      rEnZi> its crazy
      rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Originally posted by RageRitual View Post

I would just like to point out, in the last 4 basing events I have participated in, I have made finals in 3 of them. All with 3 different shark partners. Maybe I am not quite as bad as everyone thinks....maybe
        this remark was more about clashing on squad, not really in-game skills

Comment

Working...
        X