Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL-B Week 2: Hot or Not

TWL-B Week 2: HOT or NOT

Disclaimer: I will update this each time that I finish a game and subsequent writeup. While this will not be my priority, I will do my best to finish them all by Friday. Also, I’m skipping through subjectively boring parts of games and therefore may miss big plays or important moments.

Week 2 Preview: The league is heating up. Plade swept week 1, taking down Gun (6:11) and Spastic (6:44), seemingly with ease. Pandora smashed through week 1 going 2-0 including an upset against Fire, which caused slight interval increase in size of zidane’s right temporal artery aneurysm. This shocked the league and demonstrated just how unpredictable this season may indeed turn out to be; though I did warn you not to underestimate Pandora spiders. Spastic, Gun, Rapid, and Fire are in dire need of week 2 wins as the fight to make playoffs starts early in this shorter than usual season.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________

Fire vs. Gun (10:01 – 15:00) | LINK

Review: With both Fire and Gun coming off 1-1 week 1 performances and with tensions high as squads attempt to solidify their rosters and finalize their starters this was a highly anticipated match. Gun switched it up, spidering turban and sharking WillBy this week. On paper, both team's over spiders were quite even with Fire fielding Ease, hellkite, and Ro and Gun fielding turban, Skatarius and saiyan. However, Gun brought it back half a decade with new acquisition Spartan (Kate Upton) partnering with nowon (Spezza), who proved too much for Poseidon (mainly) and kado.

Gun came out hot with a 7-0 start with near-complete control of the game, specifically under as Poseidon just could not keep up with the Spartan, nowon, or even his partner kado. In the flagroom, turban, saiyan and skatarius locked over and applied the pressure all 3 are known for (see one of turban's big plays below). Once mcvicar finally made a sick rushing TeK on Pressure (followed by 1-2 really stupid deaths off-screen, hello radar @ 8:00 :s), Fire took control and started to breathe life to this game. Around the 12-5 mark, Fire gained momentum and brought the game to 12-10 before claushouse died off screen (that r cameraman heafin). WillBy and hulk pretty much shut the rest of the game down after that. All in all a good effort by Fire, who may have made the match even closer (or won) had it not been for a better under partner for kado and prolonged cram breaks.

HOT: saiyan (101-43)
    NOT: Poseidon (62-56, 1 TeK)
    Plays of the game: turban pressures/kills shark with 1 remaining rep and leads to terr warping (3:45), skatarius aimbot sequence (5:28), mcvicar rush TeK (7:28), hulk bomb TeK (7:33), gun shark ignore mcvicar and enter (8:40), claushouse escapes certain death (9:30)

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________

Fire vs. Plade (11:33 – 15:00) | LINK

Review: Overall really solid game from both teams. Fire came out strong after learning from their loss against Gun, switching Ro to under and removing Poseidon for TPZ over. They seemed to have the game locked from the start, but somehow Plade kept striking back with solid fr fights and good crams, inching their way back each time they were down. Kess and Bacon had control of under early until Ro and kado started to acclimate to one another and ultimately match them. Ro made some great plays and will probably continue to improve with an intimidating ceiling as he adjusts to his new position.

Sharks were without issue for both teams, although Plade had serious problems breaking zid/mcvicar’s cram and despite Mikkiz constantly finding his way high into the corner on attack, they were seldom able to find a hole to enter (not an uncommon problem for these guys). Mikkiz didn’t play his best game and couldn’t counter claushouse who had a solid outing. While Ease dominated top bar/over flag for the overwhelming majority of the game, Trasher was an absolute slayer this one, pushing hard and countering the onslaught despite fighting a seemingly uphill battle. Regardless of trisha’s best efforts, Fire was the better team for the entire game and they proved it. Watched about 80% of this and didn't catch any major mistakes or overall abhorrent gameplay from anyone in particular, so not much negative to say about the 16 who participated in this one.

HOT: Ease (130-75), Trasher (122-58, 1 TeK)
    NOT: Maybe I'm too soft, but I don't really have a NOT for this game. I guess this season we're dealing with week 2 regular season matches where the lines are high caliber and less prone to individual mistakes
    Plays of the game: Trasher cram break (4:40), Trasher TeK (20:36), huge under sequence by Ro with TeK (22:23)

Rapid vs. Spastic (5:02 – 15:00) | LINK

Review: The recording for this one began with Spastic in the lead 4-1. Considering this was a 14 minute video, I already knew it would be a massacre. Spastic chose to throw their big three in Cripple, JAMAL, and (welcome back!) Stayon over flag, who looked dominant and hungry. wbm and JURASSIC under is a new combo to me, and they performed well and clearly had control all game. As far as I knew, Pure_Luck was intent on terring this season, but it seems Oder got stuck in the role for this game against his to-be replacement Zizu. Despite a solid game from Zizu, who was playing well throughout pre-season, Rapid looked cornered in this one. Their spiders just couldn't touch Spastic's over trio. Honestly, which team can?

Oder you played well, but that bullet line you ate at 3:58 was pretty bad. Not only were Spastic's spiders all over Rapid, but porkjet single handedly teamferred multiple times (see big plays below), getting 11 kills and 1 TeK with only 1 TK. Rapid spiders did show some life during a few moments in the flagroom like from 4:48 - 5:22, but overall they just could not compete with the seasoned spaS spiders. Since Riverside/morph and Zizu played fine and were not the problem here, Rapid's spiders are cumulatively this week's NOT players of the week. Cripple and JAMAL absolutely worked this Rapid team, and after Spastic broke Rapid's only cram, the game was a shutout and there is not much more to say about it.

HOT: cripple (102-31, 1 TeK), JAMAL (99-45, 2 TeK)
    NOT: Creature (53-49), FROZEN THRONE (53-50, 1 TeK), hypocrit (73-51), RUCCI (63-54), Banks (65-53)
    Plays of the game: porkjet cram bomb (4:30), porkjet bomb TeK (5:52)

Spastic vs. Gun (9:12 – 15:00) | LINK

Review: This game started out as a 7-0 shutout, with Gun dominating flagroom fights and holding durable crams. Both teams fielded the same lines they used in their other games. Oder vs. Pressure; pork/jr5 vs. hulk/WillBy; Cripple, Stayon, JAMAL vs. turban, skatarius, saiyan; JURASSIC/wbm vs. nowon/Spartan. Even though Gun looked slightly stronger on paper, SPASTIC had a great line here and there was every possibility this could have been an upset.

The real deal proved to be different, as Gun were just too consistent in their top and under control and cram. You know Gunmin must have had some serious flag and top bar control when cripple is yelling at his team to control top bar. turban and skatarius put relentless aimbot-assisted pressure on Oder and his sharks all game while saiyan applied close to that level of pressure and made a few highly aggressive plays, contributing more to overall control by locking the top bar and flag. There isn't much to say about nowon and Spartan, Spastic had no answer for these two at under. jr5 got pushed around by hulk and WillBy all game. porkjet played well, but there is only so much you can do with an average partner who was in over his head. Cripple and JAMAL are usually capable of 100 kills in 20 minutes, but neither broke 90 kills in 24 minutes since they couldn't control top bar as they usually do.

Although jr5 is the NOT player of the week, Spastic just really needs a better terr so that Oder can shark. Cripple, JAMAL, and Stayon cleared and took over top multiple times, but couldn't maintain control since Oder couldn't trust jr5 and his spiders couldn't survive behind him. This dynamic forced Oder to hide for most of the game instead of fighting for proper positioning to provide advantageous drops. Even in cram, watch what happens from 14:00-14:28. These huge shark gaps created by precipitous and/or dropped jr5 reps occurred all game and contributed largely to Spastic's inability to maintain control when obtained, and ultimately led to their loss. This game would have been closer with Zizu in terr and Oder in shark, since top control would have been more attainable and sustainable for their spiders. Once Gun hit 14:58 flag time, something clicked for Spastic and they went on a futile 6 minute run. Had they played that way all game, maybe they'd have had a better chance.

HOT: skatarius (118-52, 1 TeK), turban (109-55, 1 TeK)
    NOT: jr5 (5-103, 2.8 RPD)
    Plays of the game: Stayon great under push and lure opening top for Spastic to take flag (0:55-1:10), wbm great under push forcing Pressure into ear and opening top for Spastic to take flag (4:13-4:26), saiyan recovers from right ear and goes on overflag rampage resulting in TeK by skatarius (4:35-4:56), great escape by Pressure to keep Gun in the flagroom (7:05-7:22), porkjet absolutely destroys Pressure to force spawn race (8:50-9:02), Spartan and nowon dominate under and Spartan gets TeK (15:26-15:40)

Pandora vs. Plade (2:49 – 15:00) - video unavailable

Pandora vs. Rapid (15:00 – 5:00)- video unavailable

Week 2 Recap: It is widely agreed that this season is fierce. All captains and assistants know the reality that were the pre-season "recruiting wars". Now, hard lock has occurred and teams are done scrambling. The season is short, every team plays each other twice, and every game counts. When was the last season in 10 years that week 2 matches yielded a crowd of 120 spectators and carried so much weight for playoffs? When was the last time a forum post got 80+ mostly heated replies in 48 hours (shoutout to Poseidon)? It's definitely long overdue. Zizu lost faith in Rapid and left for Spastic, freeing Oder to shark and making Spastic an even more legitimate contender for the title. Most other lineups are set. Gun, Pandora and Plade lead the way, while Fire has advantage for the 4th playoff spot over Spastic and Rapid who are fighting to get out of the danger zone. Only 4 teams will make it. Will Fire or Spastic go 2-0 and increase their chances at making playoffs? Which of the current leaders are going down this coming weekend? I have so many questions, but since I have no answers here are the HOT players, NOT players, and play of the week!

HOTW: Trasher (122-58, 1 TeK) (94-25, 1 TeK)
    NOTW: Poseidon (62-56, 1 TeK)
    POTW: porkjet absolutely destroys Pressure to force spawn race (8:50-9:02)
    Last edited by Pressure; 06-01-2020, 07:13 AM.

thx P

Comment

Oh fun... lets dance:

You are delusional; similar to Heaven, Rough, kado, etc.
      I gave a clinic Under the entire game, showing myself one step ahead in the first 30 sec and keeping speed throughout the rest of the game. Pay attention and you'll see. Kado meanwhile is *literally* unable to connect a single bullet in the entire first 30 seconds of the game... except for the 7 or so with the wall. Pay attention and you'll see. Sacrifices for the homies, of course.

Meanwhile, Pose is busy picking up all the slack for Mr. Potato Head rippin' the wall next to him. The first even slightly questionable maneuver i make is at 1:00. Everything else up until then has more or less been pure gold - a recurring theme. Why is it questionable? Because it was a slight gamble and Mcvicar misplayed, as he would continue to do throughout the game, and of which I could continue to reference footage but the offense at hand occuring at 1:05 will do for now. If he would have MOVED HIS ASS and MADE SOME NOISE, my 4v1 distraction could have easily turned into TD. Watch how little Mcvic moves, how slow off the terr... look at the lane he has that he fails to capitalize! and all while Zid is even not 2 far behind in spawning. tsk. Not to mention from 1:06 to 1:16 all of our over spids completely ignored the cornered and obviously very vulnerable terr... until HK's feeble and belated attempt. I was banking on my teammates to make the right plays. Instead over drops the ball and my 3 sec 4v1 distraction behind enemy lines amount to nothing, and right on cue kado immediately gets blasted under while slowing enemies about zero. In fact I am pretty sure his presence there actually sped nowon up. TD 2 follow. RIP #1

Lets continue. Move onto our subsequent first attempt at cram break 3:00 in. We here can see one corner pro Poseidon tactfully and smoothly making his way unto the coffin and proceeding to make nme sharks rep ~5 times premature. This results in a break. Then Ogron drops the ball a min or so later. This while our previous corner pro hero Poseidon now has under pushed in. RIP #2

And moving onto the next cram break attempt... here we see hero Poseidon back at it, adroitly sneaking up cram again and again, blasting enemy after enemy, until one final foe skatarius is vanqusihed and opponent cram is once again quickly dispatched. We are back in! The battle continues! Our hero continues to make graceful and well-calculated moves under while his partner Kado dispatches another quick 7 at whatever random spot on this or that wall which might strike his fancy! ... however unfortunately, over continues to drop the ball as will happen countless times again throughout the match. Not is our hero lacking the power to take on Titan Nowon and his... Spartan underling... 1v2, but the collapse over makes Kado's struggles feel very real for all of us, and very fast.

lol okay, ill give it a rest! I could continue to do the rest of the match. I play nearly flawlessly throughout the match, and either defeat or stop advance of opponent under in every single fair fight, ie. when our over isn't collapsing. unfortunately, there werent many of these; fortunately, even while having to deal with bullets and reps from over im still out there making plays, as i could point out in the video. please, support your claims with video reference! you said you watched them. you are making a joke of yourself. at least make whatever feeble effort you can to rebuke!

I'll do a quick tour of the remaining main TEKs on Ogron. While we're on the way I'd like to point out the immaculate coffin play one can see if they look to 18:00, where I then take a break at 20:20 to halt the advance of their entire team and nearly getting TEK. Sure looks like I hit that terr with 4 quick ones... yet still she lives. What gives? Let me know what you think in your replies !

- tek at 14:55 mcvicar takes about 1000 years 2 die... meanwhile zid is in middle of enemy fire. RIP
      - tek at 22:20 interesting scenario we have here. kado's at it again. look closely. Kado makes one mayb lil mistake and one def huge mistake here. One can see here that its obvious some1 needed to take care of both opponent cornerers, Turban & Spartan. I engage first to try to handle business. Kado proceeds to do the exact same maneuver as me but a step behind, which is the mayb lil mistake. thats fine though, it could have worked out and been good had we needed the bullets to blaze em' both. alas we are getting reppd, are unable to set, and are about to getting fired upon. Now pay attention, especially you Pressure, ! you'll notice that from the exact same position I evasively slither out in the nick of time, whereas Kado gets blasted. Had kado lived there and backed away as I do, very doubtful turban rushes for this TEK. a tek that should not have happened. i myself slightly overextend trying to keep them contained as does the rest of our squad, yet had kado lived, none of this would have occured. This costs us the game. RIP

HOT: Poseidon, Zidane
      NOT: The rest of Fire

The Mind of the Father
      Riding on the subtle guiders
      Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
      Of relentless Fire

Comment

you're a little too obsessed with me buddy. find another hobby... perhaps getting subbed by mouse every bd? happy mother's day to you too buddy little sissy bitch
        shaun> would u wash ur sheets and blankets if a chick squirted on it

RaCka> steadman is cross eyed, fat, balding, etc..... but his finger tips are talented in the javelin department..................

Mattey> real talk half the dudes in thailand hotter than the avg american woman

zeebu> what is that one documentary where the one kid kills another kids parents and feeds them to him in a chili for not growing pubes fast enough?

Comment

My man Poseidon on crack right now.
          Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
          1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

What the hell

Comment

Code:
              kado> pos needs to be under since it's spez/kate
              pos> I am under, tf u talking about
              kado> it's just me defending spez/kate
              pos> cause I pushed and was 4v1

Comment

Poseidon, I expressed this issue to you since I came back from hiatus in January and first noticed it. When you over-rush and suicide the entire game, you may force a good play 10-20% of the time, but the remaining 80% of the game your play-style merely serves as a handicap and leaves your team disadvantaged. You seem to think you are helping, and your philosophy is exemplified by you pointing out like 3 moments in a nearly 30 minute game to prove your point (the 10-20% I was referring to).

Is this your first time being selected for NOT player of the week? I'm surprised by the salt. I'm not going to change my post nor apologize. I watched the game in its entirety and felt you had a bad game. Was the loss wholly attributable to you? No. Would they have done better with a better under partner for kado? In my opinion, yes.
                Last edited by Pressure; 05-12-2020, 09:12 AM.

Comment

I've seen cyclone put up better games under than posiden in that match.

Comment

Wait is Poseidon really trying to justify a 62-56 rec? The lowest kill count out of all 10 spiders? I mean I get it, it's TWL and you're up against GOOD spiders like spezza, trapped, skat, and turb. Since I came back to the game I have watched you get better poseidon, but you're still not at that calibur yet. You made the "not" because you had a bad game, suck it up and stop throwing excuses and blame around. Do better next time.

Pressure Nice write up so far keep it going!
                    Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                    (10 seconds later)
                    rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                    P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Hi every1. I made a post filled with claims, references to footage, etc. Its all there. I will reply to anyone who responds in turn. Though I dont expect any takers considering all of the evidence is in my favor. Im not looking for an apology, Pressure - I am simply proving to you with observable data how terrible and biased your assessment of the match is, and I am further challenging you to provide a single shred of evidence as to how I performed worse than Kado. Again, you are making a joke of yourself and the only apology u need to be making is vs your own sense of dignity.

Also reference to Pressure: I have only played two competitive "league" games as Under in my life. What I do in TWBD does not = TWLB. Three moments? The moment at 1:00 was the only such "gamble" i take in the entire game. And just observe: their entire team is behind top bar and I have my under partner behind me. Its a decent time for such aggression. However I still call it questionable because obviously my team was not good enough to handle it. Had Sarger and Renzi been on my team or like Turban or perhaps had Zid been there instead of Mcvicar or had Ro maybe, like, made SPACE and gone right instead of firing towards sharks that r already repping (00:57), what I did would have possibly resulted in TEK. However, in hindsight and now understanding better what team FIRE is like, I would not have made this play if I could re-do game, of course. If the worst moment of mine you can find is when I push under against a seemingly cornered team (and while under partner behind me) only to distract FOUR of their spids for 3 sec b4 getting blasted... well. ill take it!
                      Anyways, you might also want to look at the basing cup finals, game 3 if you'd like to see some more outstanding Under play from one Poseidon. In this instance I sub Ra in spider, manage to get 3/6 TEK in half the game vs Mikkiz (as under), and bring a 2-11 game to 15-14. Oh right, and Kado was my opponent Under. You can see one "Pressure" commenting in that video what a great switch I made... "whatever that was"... would have to agree !

HOT: Poseidon, Zidane
                      NOT: The rest of Fire
                      also would like to add, that was meant just for Team Fire. Gun played great, is ridiculuosly gud team, and I have loads of respect for many of their players. Cheers

The Mind of the Father
                      Of relentless Fire

Comment

^^^^ LOL AT PEOPLE COMING AT ME WITH RECORD. YOU ARE SUCH NOOPIS. IT IS ACTUALLY KIND OF UNBELIEVABLE. THE GAME IS WON THROUGH CONTROL OF FLAG, NOT YOUR SPIDERS RECORDS LOL

imagine how many BD i have had where i go 50-65 w perhaps 2-3 tek, have someone like banks or nipple nibbler on the other team MVPing with 120 kills, and still win game by 10 min.

Let me put a scenario to you. You are in a basing match. Throughout the game, one of your spiders kills the terr 2 times, makes them port 5 times, is making them nervous the entire game, and signle handedly makes enemy sharks rep about 200 times throughout the match, and is constantly making and holding space. All while winning essentially any fair-fight 1v1 spid engagement ever faced with, and being unbreachable under unless 2v1 rushed. This spid ends with 90-75 rec. Another one of your spids has 0 tek (or 1 they lucked out on bc other spids were pushing), hardly focuses sharks in any phase of the game (or is SLOW to b/c they fixated on killing that spid over yonder), hardly pressures terr, never forced port, wud get destroyed 1v1 by previously mentioned spid, doesnt know how to under, and ends as MVP with 130-60 rec. Need I say more?

The Mind of the Father
                        Of relentless Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon View Post
                          also would like to add, that was meant just for Team Fire. Gun played great, is ridiculuosly gud team, and I have loads of respect for many of their players. Cheers
                          I'm not out to get you, Poseidon. If you played great, I would have given you the HOT. This isn't personal, just thought you had a bad game. Happy to review the video after work to see the examples you provided and reassess to see if I was wrong (I don't think I am, but I could be).

imagine how many BD i have had where i go 50-65 w perhaps 2-3 tek, have someone like banks or nipple nibbler on the other team MVPing with 120 kills, and still win game by 10 min.
                          That's 3.5 minutes you're spending dead in a max. 30 minute game. Huge waste of a player. When you die that much and kill that infrequently, your team is essentially playing man down for at least 10% of the game.

Comment

Hi every1. I made a post filled with claims, references to footage, etc. Its all there. I will reply to anyone who responds in turn. Though I dont expect any takers considering all of the evidence is in my favor. Im not looking for an apology, Pressure - I am simply proving to you with observable data how terrible and biased your assessment of the match is, and I am further challenging you to provide a single shred of evidence as to how I performed worse than Kado. Again, you are making a joke of yourself and the only apology u need to be making is vs your own sense of dignity.

Also reference to Pressure: I have only played two competitive "league" games as Under in my life. What I do in TWBD does not = TWLB. Three moments? The moment at 1:00 was the only such "gamble" i take in the entire game. And just observe: their entire team is behind top bar and I have my under partner behind me. Its a decent time for such aggression. However I still call it questionable because obviously my team was not good enough to handle it. Had Sarger and Renzi been on my team or like Turban or perhaps had Zid been there instead of Mcvicar or had Ro maybe, like, made SPACE and gone right instead of firing towards sharks that r already repping (00:57), what I did would have possibly resulted in TEK. However, in hindsight and now understanding better what team FIRE is like, I would not have made this play if I could re-do game, of course. If the worst moment of mine you can find is when I push under against a seemingly cornered team (and while under partner behind me) only to distract FOUR of their spids for 3 sec b4 getting blasted... well. ill take it!
                            Anyways, you might also want to look at the basing cup finals, game 3 if you'd like to see some more outstanding Under play from one Poseidon. In this instance I sub Ra in spider, manage to get 3/6 TEK in half the game vs Mikkiz (as under), and bring a 2-11 game to 15-14. Oh right, and Kado was my opponent Under. You can see one "Pressure" commenting in that video what a great switch I made... "whatever that was"... would have to agree !

U won that basing cup because u got urself out of shark. U were playing terrible in shark that last round, u were basicly the reason why ur team was 2-11.

Comment

LOL --- GUY WINS 3 PREVIOUS GAMES IN A ROW AS SHARK vs 10* SHARKS, SUBS IN SPID GETS 3 TEK IN 15 MIN, PUTS ONE "Paradise" IN SHARK IN HIS STEAD, AND STILL HAS TO DEAL W THIS BULLSHIT ^^^

is to be expected though, no hard feelings

The Mind of the Father
                              Of relentless Fire

Comment

Working...
                              X