00:40:21 Round 2 start
    01:05:46 End of round 2
    01:13:10 Round 3 start
    01:42:54 End of round 3

Leave a comment:

• WillBy
    replied
    Originally posted by qan View Post
    It was true at one point that both teams had to do !jupe, but it was decided to change it to require only one team.

The bot sends an arena message saying a jupe fix was initiated and by whom. We also have bot logs and chat logs. Doing !jupe while the flag isn't juped is considered bug abuse, so the team would forfeit the match (after the fact), the player would be banned, and would possibly not be able to participate in the next major league.
    Not to mention that the clock doesnt stop counting for the original team. !jupe doesnt send a flag claim event, it just resets the flag so that someone else can claim it, and send a flag claimed event. In theory we could just have the bot *flagreset every 2 seconds, allowing anyone to claim the flag more often and just use an objon to track the bots flag state on screen. That seems unnecessary with the !jupe command publicly available- just need to have someone on your team available and watching!

Leave a comment:

• Vehicle
    replied
    qan Oh, ok, thank you. I guess I haven't used it in a while. I never doubted you.

Leave a comment:

• qan
    replied
    Originally posted by Vehicle View Post

Hey bruddah, I do not think this is true. From my experience both teams need to do !jupe for it to reset. Otherwise, what would stop an attacking team from abusing the command to reset flag?
    It was true at one point that both teams had to do !jupe, but it was decided to change it to require only one team.

The bot sends an arena message saying a jupe fix was initiated and by whom. We also have bot logs and chat logs. Doing !jupe while the flag isn't juped is considered bug abuse, so the team would forfeit the match (after the fact), the player would be banned, and would possibly not be able to participate in the next major league.

Leave a comment:

• Vehicle
    replied
    Originally posted by qan View Post
    Just one C/A from only one of the playing teams needs to issue the command. (Alternately, a TWDOp can also issue the command.)
    Hey bruddah, I do not think this is true. From my experience both teams need to do !jupe for it to reset. Otherwise, what would stop an attacking team from abusing the command to reset flag?

Leave a comment:

• project dragon
    replied
    Thanks for the clarification everyone. It looks like the jupe I saw (I think there were others, but too lazy to check) was due to Ro dying as he touched the flag so I understand why it happened, but I appreciate the explanation on how jupes are currently resolved. Guess I haven't do much bot commands in a while...

Leave a comment:

• qan
    replied
    Checked the logic for !jupe, as I wasn't sure, either.

Just one C/A from only one of the playing teams needs to issue the command. (Alternately, a TWDOp can also issue the command.)

The reason it can't be automated: the bug has to do with a difference in recorded flag state that players see vs what the bot sees. (Bots are fake Continuum clients. They sometimes aren't as reliable as the client itself.) So on the screen the flag state resolves correctly, but in the bot's mind, it thinks the wrong team owns it. !jupe tells the bot it's confused about the flagstate, so the bot resets the flag and then the holding team can reclaim it. It's not a great solution. A far better solution would be to figure out what difference there is between the Continuum client's handling of flag states and TWCore's. Unfortunately this involves something called "race conditions" (which are great fun to debug, as well as for your uncle to bring up at Thanksgiving). It's also not simple to compare how the client handles it, as the code is only available in a badly decompiled state. We have the dubious distinction of being the longest-running game without access to its own codebase. It's kind of beautiful, though, as this locks it permanently in time rather than having it at the whim of the flavor of the day coder.

Leave a comment:

• Vehicle
    replied
    Regarding jupes, both teams have to have a cap or assistant PM the bot with "!jupe" to reset the flag, at which point it still needs to be re-claimed.

It's a bad system, but apparently it cannot be automated. There are plenty of (way less consequential) games that are won/lost on jupes, it'd be great if there were another way to fix it.

Leave a comment:

• zidane
    replied
    interesting, not sure if anyone noticed during the game.. i definitely didn't. just watched the last few mins from where you linked and wish i had saved a mine near the end (1:05:12) as it probably would have wrecked them so that's tough to see. 20 seconds could have changed the terring dynamic in the final FR sequence so that's annoying but it's very possible there were jupes that went our way in the series also.

edit: to answer your question PJ i believe it's the players who are expected to reset the flag if there's a jupe, there is a command that i'm assuming only (C) or (A) can use. I have never used it myself but I've seen it a few times in twbd recently, most likely just no one on Strike noticed the jupe or knew the command
    Last edited by zidane; 05-11-2021, 01:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• project dragon
    replied
    One thing to note from the basing games:

Both matches had flag jupes, but only the Silence/Cuphead game got their jupe reset manually (turb @ 00:59:00 on TJ's vid). What is the official protocol for jupes?

There was one jupe in the pandora/strike game (https://youtu.be/iHgOuN6YHJM?t=3664) that lasted 20 seconds. You could argue that it doesn't make a difference as Strike lost by a minute, but I would say things could also possibly look different in FR when both terr's died at 14:02-14:56. I would say that Terr strats could be different if the previous jupe was reset and the score was 14:22-14:36. Pressure wouldn't have needed to go so offensive if he knew he had SOME time.

I'm not really arguing for anything to be overturned, and no team has filed a complaint, so I'm just looking at this from a officiating perspective. If staff now has powers to reset a jupe, it should be applied evenly for all matches.

Leave a comment:

• ogron
    replied
    project dragon
    Dwopple
    PrOnEsSim
    Dennys

Awesome work, thanks for recording all the games!

Leave a comment:

• Dennys
    replied
    Hey guys, I streamed a bit of the matches yesterday as well. Did some commentary, feel free to use the VOD.

https://www.twitch.tv/cuch/v/1016959751?sr=a&t=0s

Leave a comment:

• PrOnEsSim
    replied
    TWL Playoffs - need to rework mic audio, lol

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1016990806
    Javs timestamp at 0:00 - Strike vs Cuphead

Base timestamp at 42:47 - Silence vs Cuphead

1:50:19 the end of Pandora vs Strike

TWLD Timestamp 02:08 - Pandora vs Strike (ALL 3 Rounds) - had 2 afk the last round.

Will cover next week's finals! good luck to the remaining teams.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X