Mother's day - NO POSTPONEMENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's day - NO POSTPONEMENT

We've discussed, and we're not postponing this Sunday (May 9th). All Semi-Finals matches will proceed as scheduled.

It's not a global holiday
    It's not a religious holiday
    We've played through these holidays in recent TWLs
    zidane> big play
    Omega Red> dwop sick
    mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
    WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
    1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Did you poll or ask TWL captains? If so fair play, otherwise seems quite a rushed decision to me.
    British> my 18th tomoz $$
    Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

I could of been the most biased here and put my foot down to favour my own squad this weekend. I had discussion with dwopple. We highlighted that this schedule has been put in place for months now and we're at the final stages of the season, it is unfair to people who have planned outside and after the schedule, to then push it back an additional week.
      TWL has gone ahead during mothers day in the past and although it effects a select few, we cannot base the league on that.
      We did discussed pushing it back a week, but as a2m highlighted, he has booked a vacation following the completion of twl and he requested if it did get pushed back and then can we facilitate waiting until he's comeback, and again, we cannot accommodate the league to a few people.

Send them a bouquet of flowers, a card and a link to dwopplesubspace to see their beloved child play in TWL 24 Playoffs.

Love you all, see you Sunday
      Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

instead of trying so hard to not appear biased you could have waited and actually spoken to more people instead of basing your decision on a2m taking a vacation 2 sundays from now. we took a week off for Easter which wasn't "in the schedule" and the zone didn't disappear into the abyss.

Comment

Yo bun forums man, need heads practicing (tax/kent) 😂😂😂😂 holy man
          tmaC> 1:fireballz> im the greatest coordinator of all time
          capE> lucky he didnt say captain
          capE> LOL BURN

Tapzu> tamzu vleane, we all know tou copied that nick from me

1:merce> ima go take a shower and try to suk my own dick

9:Fludd> guys, i want u all to know something..
          9:megaman89> fludd go play monopoly with children and dome

1:Kentaro> nice gay name elven
          1:Kentaro> suits you well
          1:PUTAO> fuk urself fuk emo, ur mother suck mu penis all day screaming my name

Comment

So it’s not going to be postponed due to one player(a2m) having a vacation already scheduled? Why are we accommodating one player? Silence isn’t even guaranteed 100% to win vs cup, if they lose this player is even more irrelevant to the situation.
            1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
            1:Zidane> congrats man
            1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
            1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
            1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

Originally posted by Dwopple View Post
              We've discussed, and we're not postponing this Sunday (May 9th). All Semi-Finals matches will proceed as scheduled.

It's not a global holiday
              It's not a religious holiday
              zidane> big play
              Omega Red> dwop sick
              WillBy> ^^

Comment

I would prefer the season to continue as scheduled, but then again that's my personal opinion. It's impossible to field perfect lineups every weekend and some of us have already made plans in two weeks from now.

If you want to propose a compromise then could see whether teams would be willing to play semi-finals on a different day without pushing back the finals. Cuphead would likely agree, although I would have to confirm with our members, to reschedule our TWLD match against Strike.

Comment

Shitty situation. Schedule has been in place for months and dates are the same as announced in the beginning. I've missed multiple TWL finals due to IRL commitments and because some games got pushed back a week due to unforeseen events like zone being down. This game is great but its always good to remember: IRL > this game.

If you can arrange something with your opponents thats something to look into but the original schedule should not be changed due to someone missing a game.
                  Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                  Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                  Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                  Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Mother's day is an American national holiday and I'm fairly certain more than 50% of our players are American so your argument is a crappy one. I played a recent TWL where Mother's day wasn't postponed (TWL finals season 22) and our starter who had showed every week couldn't show because of it, we lost and he hasn't logged on since. Just because something was done in the past doesn't mean it was the right decision. people wanna rush to end the season even though there is absolutely nothing going on and it doesn't matter. Competitive integrity in playoffs is more important than sticking to a schedule

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                      some of us have already made plans in two weeks from now.
                      I'm on the opposite side of the fence as my captain. Plans 2 weeks from now can be 3 weeks from now, "some of us" < people with mother's day plans, mothers day is once a year, your plans, i doubt, are once a year. I'm not sure how many of you took out your holiday schedule and compared it to your TWL schedule, but I would hope that most of us did not do that. I got a mother, mother-in-law and wife with kids, just like many others, so...99% out.
                      1:waven> u challenge
                      1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwopple View Post
                        were these semi's/finals that we played through that you are referring to? Just curious
                        1:waven> u challenge
                        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

I have a solution: end TWL early and declare everyone winners and friends. We all wish eachothers mother a happy Mother’s Day and move on to the next shitty league
                          J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
                          8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

Any doubts Tiny should be league op?

Comment

Dreamwin is right, it's a shitty situation, and not everyone will agree. Bottom line, we're not postponing anything, or pushing back Finals weekend from this point forward.

If captains 1) are willing to ask their own teams for their availability, 2) coordinate w/ their opponent(s) to play their semifinal match(es) before NEXT Sunday, May 16th, and 3) don't mind potentially playing with no / limited spectators then we'll honor it and help promote the new match time.

If both teams agree to reschedule, 1 captain from each squad leave me a ?message with the new time, time zone, and date and we will honor it. If teams can't / don't agree then their upcoming Sunday games will proceed as currently scheduled.

​​​​We can't please everyone, and teams aren't required to agree reschedule if their opponent(s) request it.

​​​​​​

​​​​
                              zidane> big play
                              Omega Red> dwop sick
                              WillBy> ^^

Comment

Working...
                              X