Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreamwin
    replied
    I somewhat agree with Bike. There is absolutely no fucking reason to play for 2 months when the top 2 teams are set with 95% probability in dueling leagues. In base it seems that there are 4 rather equal competitors for the title. A league which requires 3 more players per team.

Leave a comment:

• ag$
    replied
    Why does this guy still type like a retard at 45 years old 🀣
    ​​​​​Reminds me of those weirdo girls that typed every other letter in caps for attention

This guy puts more effort into his typing than his gameplay since he gets carried in every league in every division.
    Guess you gotta invent a cringe language when you're just on the bench the entire time cheerleading with pom poms for your team πŸ˜‚

And I care because I want to see competitive gameplay not finals from the beginning of a season, you toxic cunt.

(Isn't hard to be toxic by the way see above for how easy it is I can do it too)

🀑
    Last edited by ag$; 09-20-2022, 02:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bike
    replied
    Glad this thread is immensely off topic, and I would like to contribute to this off-topic-ness.

With the way teams are currently, why don't we just skip right to playoffs and allow every squad entry to playoffs? Do we need to drag this out 4 months? Draft I get continuing for months, since there is fine-tuning / tweaking / trading etc., but TWL doesn't really allow for that nuance as much. Then again, I am still seeing Rapid recruiting more elite players because they apparently don't have enough, but anyway maybe give them 1 more week then playoffs? Can we let squad captains vote on this? I'd be super content with TWL playoffs now-ish and let draft tourny run with all its nuance.

And going forward, let's try to emulate the NBA as though everyone is a rookie out of college. Note the NBA is 1 league; no one is asking Lebron to play in the NBA, the NFL, and NHL, although I'm sure he could - he clearly excels in one area more than others. In the same way, it is reasonable to have one draft per league (i.e. LD, LJ, LB), that way you get as many competitive teams as possible, then you can do away with the star cap or any talk of stars. Captains just draft who they think is best depending on who is still available and who vibes well with the team.

The issues I see with the single league drafts / no star cap format is 1. you get some caps who are way more skilled than others thereby giving their team an advantage from the start, 2. it would require a 3-league draft player to be on 3 different chats for their 3 different teams 3. more work up front for captains / devs. Anyway, trusting there is a solution to these issues (e.g. maybe 'elite' caps need to draft themselves first and a mid-tier cap could draft themselves reasonably 3rd or 4th, etc.) this would allow for all the good players to get playing time and like one 6-7.5* per team probably -- you get 10 balanced teams or so (at least in WBs). 10 balanced teams would be sick. Right? Maybe could even get 12 for wbs who knows.

love, bike

Leave a comment:

• viop11
    replied
    u play this game 25 hrs/day y do u care about who is on what team? u are on fl1pp1rz and get to stirt in 3 leagues, u should wake up in the m1rn1nk n thank g1d or whoever u w1rsh1p if ne that u get this gr8 ch1nc1 of a l1f1t1m1

y would u care about othir teams rostirs instead of just trying and expecting to d1sp1tch ne1 u vs

Leave a comment:

• ag$
    replied
    Lol evil fucked twl with the stacking and then rapid stacked back
    Glad this shit league is once a year

​​​​​​Theres literally 10*s benching 🀣

​​​​​

​​​​​
    ​

Leave a comment:

• beam
    replied
    Evil and Rapid have really fucked the zone. If it weren't for those 2 squads TWL would have 16 perfectly balanced teams just like every TWL before this one. Grrrr

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    Originally posted by Cape View Post
    Exalt is talking just to hear himself speak and someone needs to strangle him in real life. JK don't ban me.
    Cape's just into BDSM guys, don't mind him!

Leave a comment:

• Cape
    replied
    Exalt is talking just to hear himself speak and someone needs to strangle him in real life. JK don't ban me.

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    Originally posted by Riverside View Post

I dont know, I dont agree that there will be a crisis for TWs population. TWDT still popping. The activity has the potential to decrease, but not disappear for Dec 2022 imo.

These days, I dont blame people for following the rules, even if/when I disagree with the rules (or lack thereof).

Other than a quantiatively flexible roster cap, there are no rules in place that promotes parity and competition during the 5v5 and 8v8 games that happen.

People participate within that structure as they wish, until there are changes in the rules/policy of the systems that have the capacity to promote it.

Mmr has the potential to help with depicting a more accurate picture of the value of each individual player, but it won't mean anything without rules that promote the distribution of high skilled players within active (and semi-active) participants.
    I agree with the MMR thing hopefully changing the way people play and removing the ability to stack teams. When a certain team or two wont even play TWD games without stacking all 10*s on one lineup vs guys like Pawner and co, there's something wrong in my view with that, but what do I know. I guess good players largely don't like to vs each other. I respect ppl on Rapid more than Evil if only bcuz Rapid has less star power and those guys willingly chose to join a squad to create some kind of competition. Without that, there'd be nothing. Cuphead-type squads from Ease aren't around anymore, so what's left? Some guys are afraid of competition I guess and are too stuck in their ways to change after all these years of stacking.

Leave a comment:

• Riverside
    replied
    Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post

You and your team(amongst one other team) are the reason why the league will be mostly shit and the game will be in crisis population-wise after xmas.
    I dont know, I dont agree that there will be a crisis for TWs population. TWDT still popping. The activity has the potential to decrease, but not disappear for Dec 2022 imo.

These days, I dont blame people for following the rules, even if/when I disagree with the rules (or lack thereof).

Other than a quantiatively flexible roster cap, there are no rules in place that promotes parity and competition during the 5v5 and 8v8 games that happen.

People participate within that structure as they wish, until there are changes in the rules/policy of the systems that have the capacity to promote it.

Mmr has the potential to help with depicting a more accurate picture of the value of each individual player, but it won't mean anything without rules that promote the distribution of high skilled players within active (and semi-active) participants.

Leave a comment:

• viop11
    replied
    or maybe j1br1n1 gamirs w/ 0 t1st1c like ursilf who dissilve their squidrins when they don't get the playirs they want instead of doink their b1st w/ the playirs availabil and having sum pisitivity that u can win without 10* playirs cud b the issue. u also aren't an oricil/1l1d1n that cud predict the futire, u dunno if the game will b sh1t or n1t. d00f1s1

Leave a comment:

• Dreamwin
    replied
    Originally posted by viop11 View Post
    y r u asking 4 handouts, ne1 cud join wutever squidrin they wish, u are alrdy tryink 2 poach all r1p1t1 playirs and u succeed in retriefink swirtzmin so gr8 wirk

furthirmore i see kim cc aprix ardour swirtzmin all on your team as well as yourself, are u tryink 2 say those guys are girpigi? y do u "badly need" more jiflins. last time i checked u were advocatink for smallir rostirs and teams not having extra playirs!
    You and your team(amongst one other team) are the reason why the league will be mostly shit and the game will be in crisis population-wise after xmas.

Leave a comment:

• viop11
    replied
    y r u asking 4 handouts, ne1 cud join wutever squidrin they wish, u are alrdy tryink 2 poach all r1p1t1 playirs and u succeed in retriefink swirtzmin so gr8 wirk

furthirmore i see kim cc aprix ardour swirtzmin all on your team as well as yourself, are u tryink 2 say those guys are girpigi? y do u "badly need" more jiflins. last time i checked u were advocatink for smallir rostirs and teams not having extra playirs!

Leave a comment:

• bike
    replied
    Yoo fam divine needs 1-2 javs badly. Plz don't make our warbirdians play the javerino.
    Rapid can you spare one of your 16 twlj-quality javs???? LOL not even close to that many can fit onto roster goodness gracious

Leave a comment:

• Kassius
    replied
    -delete-
    Last edited by Kassius; 09-18-2022, 02:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X