hey avalonians!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey avalonians!

Hey why should a squad who has only beaten one team above 1000 get into twl? the average team you play is probably around 980 while your ranked 6th. The ladder is certainly not settled yet as it seems.

P_L speaks, think he demands a TWL delay :-/
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

I think we agree.
      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

If the ladders aren't going to be ok by the end of the month, just have the TWL ops pick the TWL teams then. I am pretty patient about the whole thing but even I am starting to get tired of waiting.
        sdg

Comment

I stand along him. Fuck you squads who don't dare to play the better ones.
          Originally Posted by HeavenSent
          You won't have to wait another 4 years.
          There wont be another election for president.
          Obama is the Omega President.
          http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

True, I think the TWL roster is not representive at all, why would a squad like avalonian be in league because they are rank #6 and a squad wich BDs spas, wr, inc, rb etc. win half of the games be ranked around wherever 1000 points is and not be in league? I think those would be much more of a challenge in league.

I'd also like to say I would really like to see BasingCrew in this TWBL7, we are new yes, we haven't bd much yet, but when we schedule games we have always enough. BasingCrew only does basing, it is hard to recruit good basers since squads like RB and Incuria pick any decent baser up before you can judge them well. when we have a TWBL7 spot it would also make it some easier for us to get some more experienced basers to fill up our limited roster. I think BasingCrew has become a decent squad wich would be nice to BD since we try not to recruit spammers/trash talkers etc. We would also make a good oponent for enemy squads, I think all our players are good in the ship wich they are ment to play for basingcrew, with the small team we can get used to eachother on the field too..we have already beaten decent squads wich are together for a long time.

If I would have to make basingcrew #1 on the TWBD ladder to enter league I could in a lame way.

If you have any questions let me know.

/Sumpson
            Last edited by Sumpson; 04-17-2004, 09:51 PM.
            Only the loyal count.

Comment

If you really want into twlb your squad has to be motivated enough to show up and play. Squads like Avalonian will not go far in the tournament, but because they seem to be really motivated and play enough games while getting enough people online think they deserve to at least participate. I'm pretty sure squads like Avalonian will be up to competing standards by next twlb, and playing in this twlb will give them a chance to take in the atmosphere and have more strive for competing in the next one.

If you were worried about not getting more skilled squads into twlb you should have allowed 16 teams to participate and not 14. Sure you will get bs squads but with 16 you would also at least get all the skilled squads into it. 16 is also a multiple of 2 which makes sense for tournament styled competitions. It seems you only picked 14 because that is close to the number of skilled squads you see and as such were trying to make the league bs free. Waiting later and prolonging twd would just be a pain now after all that waiting already. Not sure about twdd or jd, but with basing it looks like everyone who has a shot at championship will be able to participate, that should be the only thing that matters if you want skill in a league. Waiting for some squad that has 'decent' talent to qualify on ladders is bs.

BasingCrew has some skill, but not so much skill to be totally deserving entry, get your members online at the same time so you can play. RB has not really been recruiting these past couple of weeks, get more dedicated for watching for talent if you need to recruit more, time is almost up.
              -L3

Comment

I think BasingCrew is one of the few new squads wich is able to stick together but we like some fun in TWBL too, I seriously dont think Avalonian will be able to last for a long time like you are saying. Someone invited me into a chat and it happened to be avalonian chat.. I am not trying to put avalonian down I know there are more basing squads trying to get into this league, but I do think BasingCrew should be in this league I am sure we fit in top 14 and they do look at TWBD ladder to look for the best squads. We only focus on basing.

Lunch, we have been a good opponent for RB before, we have bded you guys like 3 times and beaten you once, close at the others. We will only get better.

/Sumpson
                Only the loyal count.

Comment

Point is sump, TWL selections are VERY soon. This is the method they chose to pick TWL teams which i disagreed with unless u gave it atleast a month and 1/2 or 2 months for the ladders to settle in. Avalonian wont be the only non-ready TWL squad in TWLB so dont jsut rat on tem They did play us once and lost of course but they do duck out alot. They do have a "decent" terr in Ekko, and Demonofdarkness who was on paladen. SO they arent all "new" just abusing the system.

I agree with stab, if worst comes to worst go off the TWD ladder and see who did play hard squads and who didnt. Squads like Tanked who are high in the ladder and played squads ilke RB/mambo and such let in (example bc i konw who we played), and squads like Elenya and Avalonian who never play a high rating squad, dont let them in TWLB. Chose someone back the ladder farther. I dont think this should become a custom tho. We have TWD for a reason, reset it and give it more tiem next season b4 u pick teams. Maybe have a rule that u have to play someone within the top 5 once a week or something if thats dooable. Most likely reseting the ladders and giving it more then 3 weeks would help enuff.

Neway, sump i think u guys got enuff good pilots, maybe lacking a "good" terr and certain things but ur worthy of a spot in TWL atleast over avalonian and stuff. I dont think ur active enuff for it tho. We seen this b4 with many squads, they rarely BD or are rarely active, make TWL then they have no-shows and get kicked out or die midseason. U got 8 days till TWL selections, rile ur guys up play alot of BD thsi week, even if u have to play some ezier ones and get into Twl I'll be glad to set up a scheduled BD with u for saturday Sump simply bc i think ur worthy of TWL.
                  Last edited by Cig Smoke; 04-18-2004, 12:04 AM.
                  _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

to be eligible you should have to have played every squad or something.
                    Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                    apt>yes u can wtf
                    apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                    apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                    apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                    Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                    apt>na
                    apt>ill show you pictures
                    apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Originally posted by za gophar
                      to be eligible you should have to have played every squad or something.
                      Wouldn't that just be a bigger end result of the end result? If you see what im saying..
                      _-Tri/p_

Comment

I think it'd be hard to play EVERY squad once lol especialy in DD and JD where there is like 80+ squads or whatever proly more. I think they should have to play so many games vs top 5 teams, or so many games vs squads with a so high or a rating. Of course IF u give TWD 3 months b4 u choose teams u'd have to have the rating up at 1500-1600 for top notch squasd. I dont know exactly how this can be done to garentee this type of squad, i think the most simple answer is to simply have the OPs this season adnd this season only have the rite to say yes or no to certain squads like avalonian. NEXT season reset TWD earlier, let us have a few months b4 u choose the TWL teams. That way the ladder will be set and avalonian wont get top 10 by playing 800-900 rating squads. Thats pretty simple.
                        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

it won't matter if the twd is extented to 2 months or 2 years. those squads will still continue to make ez squads and avoid playing the top ones.
                          so basically it all comes down to twl ops to choose which squad..or set up a vote, and only legit people can vote, such as squad caps.
                          even if twd is extended, some person can get some half not bad basers and start up a squad, avoid playing good squads and then eventually make twl.

this twl season will be ruined for sure, in all 3 leagues. maybe not that bad in lj. so i really hope twl ops and twd ops will work together and come up with a better plan to pick squads for twl, cause as we see here, the ladder is really flawed.
                          1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Originally posted by Pure_Luck
                            Hey why should a squad who has only beaten one team above 1000 get into twl? the average team you play is probably around 980 while your ranked 6th. The ladder is certainly not settled yet as it seems.
                            Whatabout British Squad then? After sk8's loss tonight, they dropped out of 1st place and British Squad fell into it. I took some time to look at the overall best squad in TWDD and here are the results

Apr 17 win vs. -TRAFFiC-
                            Apr 16 win vs. Shriek
                            Apr 16 win vs. Verone
                            Apr 16 win vs. Warpath
                            Apr 15 win vs. Spastic
                            Apr 15 win vs. Warpath
                            Apr 15 win vs. Injurie
                            Apr 14 win vs. Kellogg\'s
                            Apr 14 win vs. Paladen
                            Apr 13 win vs. Paladen
                            Apr 13 win vs. Decennium
                            Apr 13 win vs. Injurie
                            Apr 12 win vs. Pursuance
                            Apr 12 win vs. solarwave
                            Apr 12 win vs. Blind Storm
                            Apr 11 win vs. Death Camp
                            Apr 10 win vs. Elenya
                            Apr 10 win vs. Avalonian
                            Apr 09 loss vs. Double-Negative
                            Apr 08 win vs. /-/uNtErZ
                            Apr 07 win vs. Kellogg\'s
                            Apr 07 win vs. Warpath
                            Apr 06 win vs. Geared
                            Apr 06 win vs. Considerate
                            Apr 06 win vs. Bunnies
                            Apr 06 win vs. solarwave
                            Apr 05 win vs. Kellogg\'s
                            Apr 05 win vs. Big Daddys
                            Apr 04 win vs. Tidez
                            Apr 04 win vs. Egyptian
                            Apr 03 win vs. kAHlA
                            Apr 03 loss vs. PUMA
                            Apr 03 win vs. Bunnies
                            Apr 02 win vs. ri$k
                            Apr 02 win vs. Ancients
                            Apr 02 win vs. Insured
                            Apr 02 win vs. ISRAELI AIRFORCE
                            Apr 02 win vs. Dark Elephants
                            Apr 01 win vs. Lyssic
                            Apr 01 win vs. Digitale

Aside from shriek, who is using javs in warbird matches (pretty much giving away free points and telling everyone in trench wars about it), there is not 1 noteable squad up there in British Squads list of victories.

Comment

How is this season ruined, from what I hear this twlb season is a lot more competitive, and every squad that should be in twlb skillwise is high enough on the ladder. The only squads that have no chance in hell in twlb and in top 14 now are Avalonian, Puma, and Ancients. While the squads I personally would replace those 3 with are (skillwise) -Final-, Syndicate, and sk8. With Basingcrew, shriek, elenya and paladen after that. But those squads that I just said don't have any real chance at championship so no big deal.

Extending twd will also allow easy squads more time to gain more points. If you are worried about getting in play very safe and get your people online. This ladder was set up with an expiration date and rules, to find some excuse to disqualify a squad or extend the lock date is just cheating in itself. So what if a few squads like Avalonian get in, at least they have the motivation to get into twl while these other "skilled" squads probably don't care so much either way.

Squads like -Final- and Syndicate have the skill, but they are already competing in the other leagues, and their squaddies are not all for basing, some even refuse to play for their team because they 'hate' basing I have recalled. Although they have good skill, they still only have like 1% chance at championship with their main lineup, no big difference to the outcome of twlb. If they really wanted in as a squad they wouldn't have dicked around. If they think they are the best, like some Final and Syndicate members were saying in a long long ago thread let them prove it. Especially since they prequalify in twld at least I think, not gonna check, but because they are prequalified they should have taken initiative to climb the bd ladder.
                              -L3

Comment

Working...
                              X