No announcement yet.

Some other tiny things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For javs, it may be based on the average points per kill... 7-10 was best because everyone that had more kills than him had at least 1 tk... But thats not the case with wbs... so really someone with the best wins-kills and then base it off points if tied should get mvp.

Comment

9.23 The Most Valuable Player (MVP) of a game is the player on the winning team with the best kills minus deaths (kills - deaths) at the end of the regulation game period. If two players have the same number for this, the player with the more kills is MVP. If two players are completely tied, then they are declared Co-MVPs.

That is how the rule is stated for both TWLD and TWLJ. I do believe the bot itself is not counting the MVP that way. Looking into it.
      Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Awesome,
        Your equation would work but not very practical.

The penalty of a TK would be way too severe and make the game too strict ... thus making it boring because everyone would be scared to shoot any risky shots at all.

I mean I personally feel that no one on YOUR OWN team would TK on purpose, unless your on an immature and/or stupid squad.
        If they do it enough, then obviously they are doing it on purpose or really just can't aim worth 2 diks. So a better punishment would be to just bench them or better yet axe them completely.
        :fear:

TWLD Season 11 Champion ~ Stray
        TWLD Season 7 Champion ~ Syndicate
        TWLJ Season 7 Champion ~ Syndicate
        TWLJ Season 5 Champion ~ Elusive
        TWL Season 4 Champion ~ Siege
        TWL Season 3 Champion ~ Siege

TWEL Season 1 Winner
        TWD Season 1 Winner ~ Elusive

Comment

Wanna second everything about the 60sec lagout penalty that has been said before; Get it off.. Oh, and let subs be more efficient.. tell the refs to do it faster.
          Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Something happened in our lj match today like this. ChronicBob got mvp with 7-10...while someone(I think Scorpion ) had like 17-8....

and the 60 second wait cripples a team. We went 3v5 for a good 3 minutes of the match with DG because Justin and This Aint no picnic lagged out and took so long to get back in.(each had 2-3 lagouts) (not that most of you care about Elenya =p)

Comment

Originally posted by Na$
              - the subbing in goes way too slow. I pmed host and it happened like after 2 minutes

- 1 minute lagout time is WAY too long, besides that after the player got in we still had the msg that the player who lagged out didnt get in yet and went over the 4 minutes time to get in.

- Unrealistic had 10-10 and he is stored at twl.org as 3-10 ; so that would make our score 50 - 30.
              I'll tell you what, I agree with this 100%. Having a one minute lag out situation is way too long. I've heard a lot of people say the same thing, so can we take a poll on this? I honestly think the bot needs to be fast in that situation. I won't have DSL or Cable until I get a job, so at the moment, I'm forced to use 56k, I'm a little afraid to play because of that one minute lag out crap. I thought last TWL went great, why can't the set up be similar? There wasn't a one minute lag out wait last TWL, was there? At least I don't remember it being one. I heard Pearl Jam say, "Well damn, I might as well made myself a sandwhich," when he lagged out in his game. He was joking, but at the same time, you probably could make relax and make yourself a quick sandwhich when you lag out. Take this one minute or two minute delay thing out, it's crap.
              RaCka> how can i get you here
              death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
              RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
              death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

It's already being taken down to 30 seconds.

Comment

I had no real problem with the 60 second rule. It makes squad think twice before putting that laggy terrier or shark in.
                  In our game versus Rejected Basers their shark ate and went into our cram, breaking it up. They won the flagroom-battle, but then that shark lagged out and in that minute we were able to get back. That sounds like justice to me.

We had 2 lagouts, one javelin and one spider, not simultane. We kind of had to secure lower and wait for them to get back before we could attack again.
                  The lagouts took longer than one minute. The stressed reaction people have, is to spam bots with !lagout when they think it's time. And ofcourse there is a spamlimit.
                  Last edited by Zerzera; 05-10-2004, 05:17 AM.
                  You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Pan
                    hmm the lagout situation was the only problem we had in our bd aganist rb gg btw. I remember it really took a good 2mins for Lothlas to get back in the match because of some sort of botslowness or human stupidity, but other then everything else went fine. But I am really aganist this 1min bullshit because RB i believe lost a shark at like 850secs pretty much meaning a man down for the rest of the match really crazy stuff.
                    i think 1 minute is not the problem, but when u pm the bot at 59seconds with !lagout, u reached the msglimit.... so u have to wait for another minute to get a new msg
                    Code:
                    1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
                    1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
                    1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
                    1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
                    1:lnx> kk
                    1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

also, !score doesnt work... (you cant look at scoreboard being alt tabbed)
                      Originally posted by Tyson
                      There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                      Originally posted by HeavenSent
                      Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                      Originally posted by Izor
                      Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Yep mantra, it wasn't supposed to work. They removed it because it makes bots lagout or something... dunno really... But pusher posted that they might test it next weekend... we'll see..
                        1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
                        1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
                        1: cundor> dude
                        1: cundor> i already told my parents
                        1: Desperate> LOL
                        1: Cremation> HAHA
                        1: bram> :)
                        1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera
                          I had no real problem with the 60 second rule. It makes squad think twice before putting that laggy terrier or shark in.
                          In our game versus Rejected Basers their shark ate and went into our cram, breaking it up. They won the flagroom-battle, but then that shark lagged out and in that minute we were able to get back. That sounds like justice to me.

We had 2 lagouts, one javelin and one spider, not simultane. We kind of had to secure lower and wait for them to get back before we could attack again.
                          The lagouts took longer than one minute. The stressed reaction people have, is to spam bots with !lagout when they think it's time. And ofcourse there is a spamlimit.

I sort of agree with this, but we had people that never usually lagout lagging out. maybe it was a freak occurance, I dunno, but we have 2 guys that sometimes lag out during twbds, aside from that, nobody ever lags out, then during our match with diso, we had like 5 different people lag out.

Maybe they lowered the lag limit, which is fine, but then lower the lagout time to 15.. 30 still seems high to me.
                          http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

1st lagout- 10 second delay
                            2nd lagout- 30 second delay
                            3rd lagout- 60 second delay
                            4th lagout- 60 second delay
                            5th lagout- 60 second delay
                            etc

This should discourage squads from playing laggers or subbing someone if they start lagging really bad mid game...

Comment

If they lowered the lag limit then it doesn't work right.
                              sdg

Comment

Originally posted by TopGod
                                1st lagout- 10 second delay
                                2nd lagout- 30 second delay
                                3rd lagout- 60 second delay
                                4th lagout- 60 second delay
                                5th lagout- 60 second delay
                                etc

This should discourage squads from playing laggers or subbing someone if they start lagging really bad mid game...
                                Just what I was supposed to post
                                15-30-60 would have been my suggestion though.
                                5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                                5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                                5: Da1andonly> =((
                                5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                                5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                                5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Working...
                                X