Bot changes for Pre-Season Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bot changes for Pre-Season Week 2

After the Pre-Season week 1 games we gathered a list of bugs and fixes for the bots. We worked hard to implement as much as possible. From what we have done, we made a list of changes. Of course there can be bugs in result of that, and we will fully test those things in the upcoming matches.

- Setcaptain: From now on all captains that are listed in the TWD roster can sub and switch players in the games. If there is no captain that can attend the match, the referee can assign a temporary captain that can do the subs and switches.

- Alias system: The Alias system has been fully implented into the bots. This means all players need to !register to one of the Matchbots. Players can NOT play in the TWL matches if this is not done!

- Timers: On result of the agreement after the Pre-Season week 1 games, the substitution time has been changed to 5 seconds. The lag-out times stayed on a minimum of 60 seconds for TWLD and TWLJ. TWLB will feature a minimum of 15 seconds lag-out time.

- Score: We are enabling the !score command for this week games. If this causes the bot to be more lagging we may change this back

- The TWLJ death bug could not be reproduced. If this error occurs in the regular season, games will be handled according to the Bot Failure rules. Pre-Season will not feature a replay of the game in a other weekend or timeslot.

- We continue to work on the scoreboard for TWLB to reflect in the minutes:seconds format. This is not ready for the upcoming games this weekend.

Good luck this weekend with the matches!

-Rodge
    Last edited by Rodge_Rabbit; 05-14-2004, 04:19 PM. Reason: update for score addition
    Greets,
    Roger

Good to hear, thanks rodge

Comment

- Alias system: The Alias system has been fully implented into the bots. This means all players need to !register to one of the Matchbots. Players can NOT play in the TWL matches if this is not done!

Does that mean we need to do it again? Or the people that already did it, dont have to?

For the work I thnx you al
      Jason> God said, "Heh, I'm gonna give Eve some nice titties."
      Dyers eve> God wanted me to have nice titties?
      Superstar> Yes eve, he does want you to have nice titties. To bad he placed them on the wrong spot. Cup C size balls.

---------------------------------------------------

Greetz Dyers eve

Comment

I think he means you have to have done it with the TWD bots.

Comment

Squad signups!
          Apr 26, 2004 Weaver

For those of you who are creating new squads and plan on entering TWD, make sure you !register your name with a MATCHBOT in a twd game arena before you apply(Not the TWDBot in ?go TWD, although you do have to sign up with that bot as well).

Thanks.

Thats news from twd site. I already did the !register thingy on a matchbot Just wondering if I need to do it again.
          Jason> God said, "Heh, I'm gonna give Eve some nice titties."
          Dyers eve> God wanted me to have nice titties?
          Superstar> Yes eve, he does want you to have nice titties. To bad he placed them on the wrong spot. Cup C size balls.

---------------------------------------------------

Greetz Dyers eve

Comment

Originally posted by Rodge_Rabbit
            TWLB will feature a minimum of 15 seconds lag-out time.
            Good.
            sdg

Comment

I think 15 seconds is too short. Maybe a minute was too long, but lagging should still be punished.

Our last game we had 2 lagouts and our opponent had 1, we won the match, so I am not saying this because I am sore or something.
              But in some late stage of the match, our opponents shark broke up our cram by lagging right into it, eating a lot and make our people flee to the side.
              They took flagroom and won the flagroombattle.
              The main reason they had base, was that their shark lagged, but it also lagged out. We could regain base because of this. If the shark had been able to get back in 15 seconds that would have been a bit unfair.
              Do not forget that you don't just get specced for nothing (at least you shouldn't )
              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Little update: the !score command is enabled this weekend as a test.
                Greets,
                Roger

Comment

Why do people need !score anyway if there's a scoreboard? I'm so confused...

-Epi
                  Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                  www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                  www.animeslice.com

Comment

Because epi, people are too lazy to look at their screen.
                    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                      Why do people need !score anyway if there's a scoreboard? I'm so confused...

-Epi
                      i think when ppl are alt & tabed they wanna do !score so they don't have to go to the game.
                      Originally posted by Kolar
                      My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                      ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Originally posted by Dyers eve
                        - Alias system:Does that mean we need to do it again? Or the people that already did it, dont have to?
                        I'd like to know the answer to this question as well.
                        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I don't think you have to register if you've done it before, it's just that now it's actually implemented in the TWL bots.

Lagout time should be 15 seconds in every league. Being 4v5 for a longer time in LD/LJ hurts your team. Of course with the new subbing rules you can sub the laggot, but I'd rather just have it 15 secs.

As Ragnarok said, ppl who are alt tabbed in spec want to use !score. Maybe make !score command only available for people in spec (if possible)?? That might not help too much, but at least a little.
                          1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
                          1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
                          1: cundor> dude
                          1: cundor> i already told my parents
                          1: Desperate> LOL
                          1: Cremation> HAHA
                          1: bram> :)
                          1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

Desp is right. If you did !register to matchbot once you dont need to do it again.
                            Greets,
                            Roger

Comment

Zerz, I never lag.. you know that, still I lagged out.. Why? probably 1 lil spike because my provider was fucking around again or so? it took me 2 min to get back.. And I never heard anyone complain to me about lag..
                              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Working...
                              X