X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya thast rite i saw Ex in spec too Owell those thigns happen =(
    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

He got MVP because he wasn't eliminated.
      LA

Comment

No, he got MVP because he was on the winning team.
        1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
        1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
        1: cundor> dude
        1: cundor> i already told my parents
        1: Desperate> LOL
        1: Cremation> HAHA
        1: bram> :)
        1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

He got MVP because he was on the winning team with the most kills. :light:
          LA

Comment

Thanks to the bot guys, the MVP is now calculated as:

Weighted kills = Kills - Teamkills
            Rating = Weighted kills - Deaths - Teamkills

Of those with the highest rating, those with the most weighted kills get MVP.

Thus if you have two individuals as such:
            1) 13-5 with 1 tk
            2) 11-5 with 0 tk's

Player 1 would be MVP since they have the same rating (a rating of 6) but player 1 has more weighted kills (12).
            Last edited by Rob Dougan; 05-24-2004, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
              What are you talking about... you can still get MVP in spider easy if you deserve it. I am not even a good spider and I have gotten MVP a few times in the past few weeks. In 4 out of 7 TWLB games this week, a spider got MVP. I just don't think you are trying hard enough if you really have to complain about this.
              MVP is no clear goal, its just a surprise at the end of the game to me. It should be something you can fight for while playing like it used to be imo.
              Only the loyal count.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Dougan
                Thanks to the bot guys, the MVP is now calculated as:

Weighted kills = Kills - Teamkills
                Rating = Weighted kills - Deaths - Teamkills

Of those with the highest rating, those with the most weighted kills get MVP.

Thus if you have two individuals as such:
                1) 12-4 with 1 tk
                2) 11-5 with 0 tk's

Player 1 would be MVP since they have the same rating (a rating of 6) but player 1 has more kills.
                If they both have the same rating, shouldn't it be the one with the least team kills?

Also, why can't the MVP be on the losing team if someone clearly has a better rec like the example above?

Comment

lol but in the case of rapid, nemo. had 15-9 with 1 tk, slime had 14-10 with 1 tk, and violence had 9-9 and was mvp. that weighted kills trash u justt mentioned wasnt used here.
                  There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

What was wrong with the old formula, that we used last season? This new shit is just...shit.
                    Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                    You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                    There wont be another election for president.
                    Obama is the Omega President.
                    http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

I was told it's fixed now (as of Sunday night)... on that note I don't think it's fixed yet on the website for the games already played.. I guess that needs to be done too

-Epi
                      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                      www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Da1andonly
                        What was wrong with the old formula, that we used last season? This new shit is just...shit.
                        agreed

Comment

its pretty hard to calculate an mvp for basing isnt it? the only idea i can think of would be to figure out what the average performance for each ship type is, and then award the mvp to the ship that deviates from the average to the good by the greatest amount. within each ship class a different weighted rating would have to be produced and compared to an average performance rating for that ship, because for example, for a spider high kills matter more than low deaths, but for a terr low deaths matter more than high kills. any formula that would be anywhere close to accurate would have to be pretty complicated.

but what would work fairly well imo:
                          take anzu's twlm basing rating formulas for the different ships (they award rating points based on a formula weighted differently for each ship).

find the mean and std deviation of the rating point awards of each ship.

after the match, assign each ship a certain rating based on twlm-b formula

give mvp to the player who was the greatest # of std deviations above the mean rating performance for his ship type.

yes i know im a fuckin nerd. stfu. fu all. in advance.
                          Last edited by Escalate; 05-24-2004, 01:15 PM.
                          There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

it's impossible to calculate the right mvp for a basing match, give up please..
                            Only the loyal count.

Comment

esacalte, that sounds pretty good.. however i think we need to get a working base mvp formula for next weeks games..

is that really enough time to get an average for each ship type?

apart from possible time constraints, its a very good idea..
                              Displaced> I get pussy every day
                              Displaced> I'm rich
                              Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
                              Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
                              Thors> prolly
                              Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

past data can be used to calculate averages, as long as stats are available from past twlb games, something which im not sure of.

even the 7 games played in week 1 would most likely produce numbers that are atleast close to the true averages. and they could always be adjusted again later on if they were found out to be a bad sample. the prob is with ships like warbird and jav. past data would for sure have to be used because i dont even think anyone used a wb in week 1. and maybe 1 or 2 javs only, definitely not enough to calc an average performance.

edit: i know for a fact plenty of past data is available to calc the averages because twlm has last seasons basing stats for tons of players in many diff ships.
                                Last edited by Escalate; 05-24-2004, 03:25 PM.
                                There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

Working...
                                X