Lookin for writers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonas

Well it would take a lot of strategy out of it, because squads would no longer be allowed to choose freely what ship-lineup to use.
    If that's your idea of strategy, then I guess there's no need to even play a match. I'm talking about strategy as in actual base defence. With only one shark, would you keep your weasel outside levi hunting or would you bring it in and use the extra reps? Would the limit of 1 spider make it easier to get into the flag room because the classic "spider lining" isn't as effective? My point was that it will force us to think in new ways.

Comment

Wow, I can see having soooo much fun in a levi during a base match! I'd get awesome recs like 40-155. geee that sounds grand. not.

Comment

if you have 2 x's and 2 levs in spawn, the x's will of course go for the levs, if you actually want to use your lev, you'd have to leave a jav or some such to defend it, that brings even more ships outside of base. you actually green your lev, then you have lt's in base, probably preventing even their own team from attacking, or you have an LT on roof, not basing at all. the whole thing becomes a joke. you only have 30 minutes for a base match, you want to spend 10 minutes greening a lev?

Comment

in the hands of a skilled lev pilot, a few minutes greening could win you the match.

the same goes for any ship.. especially if there's only one of each. it places more focus on skill rather than which strategy is most popular at the time.

besides, you're all just scared to face the wrath of my base lanc.
          admit it.

pussies.
          plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Originally posted by wadi
            Wow, I can see having soooo much fun in a levi during a base match! I'd get awesome recs like 40-155. geee that sounds grand. not.
            40-155? Welcome to the shark world. Crybaby. Anywho, I'd be interested in trying 1-of-each strategy in some scrims sometime, but to make it mandatory for leagues would just be dumb. So, in conclusion, I guess we'll be seeing it soon.

P.S. Dillusion - Beatdown Brigade Lives!
            The downside of being better than
            everyone else is that people tend to
            assume you're pretentious. -
            www.despair.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dillusion
              Disoblige:
              3 spiders
              1 warbird
              1 jav
              2 sharks
              1 terr
              Disoblige never played with 1 warbird, infact disoblige has never lost to...aww , .. :P
              screw you Divine.
              "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

Originally posted by KJW
                6) Base map should be the same as Public map.
                Or at least a clean map without markers so 2d can aim better.
                "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

What you need to stop being a newbie league

#1. You need 1 person in charge of EACH league and have the leagues be completly independant of eachother. No one person can efficiently run 3 leagues at once. The trick is you need a compitent ACTIVE person. Epi would be a good choice for 1 of the leagues. Put in an age restriction, I doubt anyone under 18 could run a league with no problems.

#2 Established playoff format: Have this issue settled with a month minimum before the playoffs are scheduled to start.

#3 Go get a rules coordinator. If you guys don't fix the rules I'm going to take advantage of each and every loop-hole just to show you how shoddy they currently are. if my team has a bye-week I'm going to play for another team during the bye then be back with elusive in time for our game the following week. It'll even all be legal.

#4 Use a 2 conference with 2 divisions system. Two huge conferneces isn't any fun, having division winners and wild cards make the league a more interesting place to play. I have several formats for this on my computer. It would mean winning out the regular season actually means something if you get a bye round 1.

#5 Set up a council to determine what teams go where in the divisions. Having Siege not play Elu or Light all season was a joke, get a group of people to do this so it doesn't get repeated. You want the top 4 teams to play eachother during the regular season, it gives people something to watch. Balanced divisions would make the regular season worth playing.

#6 Make all twlj and twld matches best of 3 including regular season and make the championship match best of 5.

#7 Establish a main gameday. IMO: Twld and twlj should be played on Sunday and twlb played on Saturday.

#8 Get refs who have a clue. A lot of the people you allow to host matches have trouble finding their way to the bathroom in the morning let alone run a league game.

#9 Get the next season started within 3 weeks of the season ending. Hell I could have 1 league ready to go withing 2 weeks of the championship game, if I could so should the rest of you.

#10 Have an assistant league coordinator for every league, that way if the main guy goes afk, there is still someone there who knows whats going on. The league coordinator could probably pick his asst assuming he gets approval of the rest of the coords. That way you don't have coords putting morons in as assts.

Comment

Re: Lookin for writers

Originally posted by Crome
                    TWL is almost at an end. I am looking for writers who would like to recap on TWL Season 5 that im naming "THE TEST SEASON". Lot of things went wrong, and I am sure a lot of things will be fixed for next season. We will have a lot of things smoothed out by then, rules, bots, squads. So I want to end the season positive. The article will be posted on the site, and maybe the front page. I hear a lot of you bicker and whine about TWL but maybe you can look at it from an optimistic point of you, we can only get better. Thank you for your time.
                    Job well done Crome, thankyou for all the time that you spent on the season.

Jala
                    Jala4Prez

Comment

Re: What you need to stop being a newbie league

Originally posted by Nethervoid
                      #1. You need 1 person in charge of EACH league and have the leagues be completly independant of eachother. No one person can efficiently run 3 leagues at once. The trick is you need a compitent ACTIVE person. Epi would be a good choice for 1 of the leagues. Put in an age restriction, I doubt anyone under 18 could run a league with no problems.

#2 Established playoff format: Have this issue settled with a month minimum before the playoffs are scheduled to start.

#3 Go get a rules coordinator. If you guys don't fix the rules I'm going to take advantage of each and every loop-hole just to show you how shoddy they currently are. if my team has a bye-week I'm going to play for another team during the bye then be back with elusive in time for our game the following week. It'll even all be legal.

#4 Use a 2 conference with 2 divisions system. Two huge conferneces isn't any fun, having division winners and wild cards make the league a more interesting place to play. I have several formats for this on my computer. It would mean winning out the regular season actually means something if you get a bye round 1.

#5 Set up a council to determine what teams go where in the divisions. Having Siege not play Elu or Light all season was a joke, get a group of people to do this so it doesn't get repeated. You want the top 4 teams to play eachother during the regular season, it gives people something to watch. Balanced divisions would make the regular season worth playing.

#6 Make all twlj and twld matches best of 3 including regular season and make the championship match best of 5.

#7 Establish a main gameday. IMO: Twld and twlj should be played on Sunday and twlb played on Saturday.

#8 Get refs who have a clue. A lot of the people you allow to host matches have trouble finding their way to the bathroom in the morning let alone run a league game.

#9 Get the next season started within 3 weeks of the season ending. Hell I could have 1 league ready to go withing 2 weeks of the championship game, if I could so should the rest of you.

#10 Have an assistant league coordinator for every league, that way if the main guy goes afk, there is still someone there who knows whats going on. The league coordinator could probably pick his asst assuming he gets approval of the rest of the coords. That way you don't have coords putting morons in as assts.
                      I agree with most of that, except maybe the gamedays for the leagues. If something like that is set up, I really think it should be TWLJ on Sat. and TWLB and TWLD on sun. Sunday is the best time for most squads and TWLB takes 8 people from each squad to play a competetive match. TWLB also has less squads playing in it, so having TWLD and TWLB on the same day and having TWLJ on a seperate day would end up requiring less hosts. I also think TWLB and TWLD are more popular then TWLJ.

Comment

twlb was the most popular league this season.
                        Originally posted by Tyson
                        There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                        Originally posted by HeavenSent
                        Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                        Originally posted by Izor
                        Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                        X