X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro:

TWL-D, J and B

Con: TWL-D, J and B
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Re: Re: Lookin for writers

Originally posted by Louis XV

Optimism won't help. Objectivity will.
      I agree but optimistic would be better since some people like Annux think Objectivity means "FUCK YOU, YOU SUCK, TWL IS CORRUPT, SHOULD FIX IT".

I like nethervoid for posting suggestions on the rules. I also like new ideas on the playoffs. I also would like some ideas on ... I guess "extra-TWL" ideas. Maybe how we should handle the predictions. How new rules get put in during the year. Maybe even how we (The TWL Staff) can take a census on what the players want. Because obviously if we look at forums, they are reaping posts of hatred, with no true suggestion. People like Annux and Ruby post twice as much as maybe fireballz and Rule. So just looking at some of the "Give me suggestion" posts, are plagued with just animosity. Write whatever, you can put it in the articles section of TWL, or you can email it to crome@mail or cromesoulja@aol.com (I got it back).
      "The strong move quiet, the weak start riots"

Comment

1) no arbitrary/random decisions

2) put one person in charge of all leagues (no communication problems that way - no last minute changes)

3) be more informative when making decisions, contact all parties involved as soon as possible.. (#2 will fix this as well)

4) don't allow squads to schedule times, pre-schedule it all beforehand

5) tighten lag restrictions. also: either get rid of that 'host can spec someone if they're lagging visibly blah blah' rule or force every host to enforce it consistently. let's just say that if that rule had been enforced the league standings would be drastically different than they are right now. oh silly fbz and his kazaa

6) dunno, will think of more
        'vet' is the new 'newb'.
        sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Why should I waste my time suggesting helpful ideas to you? I don't want to help you, nor do I think you're capable of handling this task.

I have voiced ideas and improvements to staff members who I consider diligent, intellegent, and not fully brain dead.

Don't like the insults and critisisms? Go to HZ and shut the fuck up.

Comment

1) no arbitrary/random decisions

2) put one person in charge of all leagues (no communication problems that way - no last minute changes)

3) be more informative when making decisions, contact all parties involved as soon as possible.. (#2 will fix this as well)

5) tighten lag restrictions. also: either get rid of that 'host can spec someone if they're lagging visibly blah blah' rule or force every host to enforce it consistently. let's just say that if that rule had been enforced the league standings would be drastically different than they are right now. oh silly fbz and his kazaa
            6) Base map should be the same as Public map.

7) remove shrap from base games.

8) when / if rules are changed during the season (for some reason), make sure news of it gets out.

9) Make Jav / Duel games best of 3 rounds

What if in base games each team had to play only 1 of each ship? There is 8 ships and 8 players
            "Have Guns and Travel SubSpace / Continuum"

Comment

Originally posted by KJW

6) Base map should be the same as Public map.

7) remove shrap from base games.

8) when / if rules are changed during the season (for some reason), make sure news of it gets out.

9) Make Jav / Duel games best of 3 rounds

What if in base games each team had to play only 1 of each ship? There is 8 ships and 8 players
              7. shrap adds a little bit of power to sharks. I wouldn't be crushed if it was taken out, but I'd prefer it stays.

10. The 1 of each ship has been tried, and by all reports it is awful.

Comment

Get me 8 non-broken ships and i'll find you 8 pilots.

All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by KJW

Takes all the strategy out of it.

Comment

You mean it takes out the current established strategy. Tell a squad that they can only have 1 spider and they'll have to think of new ways to base.

Comment

Lookin for writers

I want to be a paperback writer...
                      Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                        You mean it takes out the current established strategy. Tell a squad that they can only have 1 spider and they'll have to think of new ways to base.
                        Well it would take a lot of strategy out of it, because squads would no longer be allowed to choose freely what ship-lineup to use.
                        "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

Definitly VETO that idea.
                          gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                          gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                          gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Originally posted by Kookie
                            Get me 8 non-broken ships and i'll find you 8 pilots.
                            Guys, that would make it a 6 v 6 match as the weasel's would spawn the levis, i'm sure thoguh that those pilots would oh so enjoy doign nothign for 30 minutes. If you want to cripple TWL-B do this.

Comment

CURRENT SUPER BASE SECRET (DONT TELL ANYONE) STRATEGY:

Light:
                              3 spiders
                              1 warbird
                              1 jav
                              2 sharks
                              1 terr

Cripples:
                              3 spiders
                              1 warbird
                              1 jav
                              2 sharks
                              1 terr

Disoblige:
                              3 spiders
                              1 warbird
                              1 jav
                              2 sharks
                              1 terr

BEATDOWN BRIGADE!:
                              7 cloakers
                              1 levi
                              I dont play this game anymore.

Comment

we stopped using the wb in late 1999

"the artist formerly known as prince" made a song about it

wtf

iwnd
                                'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                                sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Working...
                                X