Random MVPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random MVPs

I've been looking at these mvp fomrulas and it's quite apparent that they still suck. the meaning of this award has been reduced to nothing. what really bothers me is that people arent aware of this.

first of all, the terr gets mvp every other game. that's cheap shit so even it out.

second, the shark never gets mvp unless his team completely owns the other team and the shark mines and bombs like a madman instead of repelling like it should. i looked at my rating for a twbd game and it was -53,000. i had a pretty good game too, made no mistakes and got shit done. can you assign a value to how well a shark works with his fellow shark? no, and that's pretty damn important, so ditch this system please.

and then the values in the equations are all fucked up too.

for instance, the spider gets .09shark and .06 warbird. so killing a stray shark with no repels is more valued than killing a warbird that is stalking your terrier these days? ok apparently i need to learn a bit more about basing.

even more outrageous, it is more valuable for a spider to kill a shark than a terrier. that's plain ridiculous, seriously whoever thought of that is a newbie.

values should not be assigned to ships unless it is unanimously thought of as more or less valuable to kill a certain ship, or else we are basing according to some random guy who thinks its more important to kill a shark with no reps than a terrier.

when i whine like this the people behind it always bitch at me to be more constructive so here is what i say.

1. go back to the points system.
    or
    2. ditch the crappy subjective formulas and just list some cool facts at the end of the match. the many requests for this system have been ignored.
    or
    3. if you must keep the formulas, terrier kills should be the only kills with weighted value, because it is obvious to any baser who doesnt have shit for brains that its by far the most important ship to kill. and make it so every ship has an equal chance for mvp. make it work or leave it.
    Last edited by za gophar; 06-14-2004, 01:19 AM.
    Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
    apt>yes u can wtf
    apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
    apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
    apt>so i dont miss the toilet
    Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
    apt>na
    apt>ill show you pictures
    apt>next time I masturbate

I agree. At first I thought the formulas might be cool, but to any serious baser, they are pretty bad and don't work right at all.

It would be a lot better to just spit out some statistics at the end of the match like Most Kills, Most Deaths, Best Ratio, Most TKs, etc, and then maybe have ONLY the people that played vote for an MVP. I think this would be pretty awesome actually, because to the players that played for 15-30 minutes in a game, it would be pretty obvious to them who was the MVP of the game. Maybe the losing team wouldn't want to vote for an MVP though, so I'm not sure. Still, spitting out statistics at the end is far better than this shitty MVP system we have now.
    sdg

Comment

The only way to get this right is an MVP voting system. It's just a damn shame it doesn't get implemented. There has to be someone among the 16 players that DOESN'T vote for himself.
      6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
      3 league vet

Comment

voting soon becomes a popularity contest though. someone you hate could clearly be the most valuable, but i know i wouldnt vote for someone i hated.
        apt>yes u can wtf
        apt>na

Comment

ya

and besides usually when you rfocused on what youre doing you sort of zone out whaqts going on, the only things you notice are if like a jav gets a 5fer, thats sticks in your memory so then MVP shifts from random to "who made the coolest explosion"
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I guess there would be to many problems.

Just give us some post-game statistics and be done with it.
            sdg

Comment

Oh and yes, the shark formula is extremely flawed. It's pretty rare for a shark to even have a positive score, let alone get an MVP. I believe that the formula is actually broken instead of just being implemented stupidly. There is no way a shark should have -8000 rating in a game.
              sdg

Comment

Leave the MVP in for javs/birds. Spit out stats and ditch the MVP for basing. That is all. Thank you for your patronage.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

or just show mvp for all ships, which player played the best in each ship.
                  -L3

Comment

That still doesn't work, because the formulas are so crappy, and most points in a shark or terrier really doesn't prove much.

There should be some kind of vote that only TWLB players can vote in, asking which system they would prefer. I think using a more detailed stat printout in the place of the MVP thing would be really popular. I know I've said this about 5-6 times on here, but check it out:

Most Kills
                    Most Deaths
                    Most Points
                    Best Ratio Kills/Deaths
                    Most Teamkills
                    Most Terrkills
                    Most Damage Done (in energy)
                    Most Damage Taken (in energy)

You could maybe throw in a few insignificant but interesting stats like

Most Greens Picked Up
                    Most Repels Used
                    Best Kill Streak
                    Last edited by Stabwound; 06-14-2004, 04:12 AM.
                    sdg

Comment

Just because Im curious and never fully understood this issue: What's the big deal about mvp in a twlb game anyways? Im assuming that it has something to do with who makes the all-star game at the end because if it doesn't I really can't see what the big deal is about seeing MVP: Stabwound at the end of a game.

Comment

Some people get sexual pleasure out of seeing their name in green.
                        6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                        3 league vet

Comment

cundor....<orgasm>
                          I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                            Most Kills
                            Most Deaths
                            Most Points
                            Best Ratio Kills/Deaths
                            Most Teamkills
                            Most Terrkills
                            Most Damage Done (in energy)
                            Most Damage Taken (in energy)
                            Very cool.. I like this one, but wouldn't it "most damage taken" and "... done" cause too much lag?

Originally posted by Stabwound
                            Most Greens Picked Up
                            Most Repels Used
                            Best Kill Streak
                            They are really great, especially for sharks, but "Best Kill Streak"? I wouldn't like to see reccers in base
                            YOU ARE THE 1,000,000,000TH VISITOR IN MY SIG!
                            Click here to receive your price!

Comment

yeah i like that list of stats too. it would interesting to compare most damage done and most kills. i know in chaos svs it counts how much damage you do in duels, and often times the person who delt less damage wins the duel.

definitely go with the stats instead of inaccurate mvp.
                              apt>yes u can wtf
                              apt>na

Comment

Working...
                              X