Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-Final-'s doomed then

Comment

Hooray for Shriek fucking up TWL. This is probably going to get 3 squads into the playoffs that really wouldn't be there if this wasn't to happen.

Also, it's really crappy to happen this late in the season, because Shriek were serious players in all 3 leagues, and now they will be replaced with horribly inferior squads; which gives an unfair advantage to all squads that were scheduled to play Shriek in the next 4 weeks. Shriek was undefeated so far in TWLJ, and now at least a few of the next 4 squads that have to play "AssVoimit" or whatever will get free wins when they probably would have lost.
      sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
        Hooray for Shriek fucking up TWL. This is probably going to get 3 squads into the playoffs that really wouldn't be there if this wasn't to happen.

Also, it's really crappy to happen this late in the season, because Shriek were serious players in all 3 leagues, and now they will be replaced with horribly inferior squads; which gives an unfair advantage to all squads that were scheduled to play Shriek in the next 4 weeks. Shriek was undefeated so far in TWLJ, and now at least a few of the next 4 squads that have to play "AssVoimit" or whatever will get free wins when they probably would have lost.
        well, for TWLD, it doesnt really fuck up the playoff picture TOO much... i think Shriek was pretty much seaded as 4th in the conference, barely over DragonGuard and Ancients... and probably only getting in ahead of them because of +/- ... so in that regard, it isn't that big of a ripple on the playoff picture.

In javs it is for sure, as probably the best, or definately top 5 jav team (the top 5 jav squads all can defeat each other imho so its hard to say whose best) kinda makes it less interesting with shriek gone though

as for basing, all i've heard this year on the forums is about how every team in basing is a strong contender for the title or something... except sk8 and melee... so, as long as this shriek disqualification doesnt put melee or sk8 into the playoffs, how does it fuck up basing playoffs

---

i agree, twl would be better with shriek lasting a full season, but it doesnt really impact ALL THREE leagues as much as you'd initally think.

Comment

Back to Back to Back, nobody can touch the Siege's 3peat, flatout owned twl. Have to give props to Elu as well, but ya can't touch the tri-fecta for dominance =)

Comment

Shriek had back to back to back dropout seasons $$ All in which they probably would of won TWLJ too. Or atleat came darn close. It is a pitty to see them go bc the 3 squads getting in arent near as good as them, but its no real biggy i dont think. I mean in javs i guess it is bc shriek was a powehouse, but in LD like awe said, shriek was only 4th in there conference and prolly would of finished there. And in basing Shriek very well could of missed playoffs anyway (i doubt w/ sk8/melee on schedule yet) but it was always possible. There basing conference will still have synd/wr/inc/mambo to represent them in playoffs whichi think is a very good bunch. i mean all could very well win the whole title if there best show up.

I jsut looked too, and in LJ whipe plays: pallies,-f-,anc,mambo. I mean only 2 of those are heading to playoffs, and they would of made it even if shriek beat them so i dont think its making much of an impact at all in any leagues.
            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Divine "Your mom" Rides, it's true. It won't be the oldschool game, with oldschool players. Euro2004 final is at 3pm est. Now I for one don't give 2 shits about football, but you know how the rest of the squad is. :P

We love you anyway!
              Originally Posted by HeavenSent
              You won't have to wait another 4 years.
              There wont be another election for president.
              Obama is the Omega President.
              http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                Shriek had back to back to back dropout seasons $$ All in which they probably would of won TWLJ too. Or atleat came darn close. It is a pitty to see them go bc the 3 squads getting in arent near as good as them, but its no real biggy i dont think. I mean in javs i guess it is bc shriek was a powehouse, but in LD like awe said, shriek was only 4th in there conference and prolly would of finished there. And in basing Shriek very well could of missed playoffs anyway (i doubt w/ sk8/melee on schedule yet) but it was always possible. There basing conference will still have synd/wr/inc/mambo to represent them in playoffs whichi think is a very good bunch. i mean all could very well win the whole title if there best show up.

I jsut looked too, and in LJ whipe plays: pallies,-f-,anc,mambo. I mean only 2 of those are heading to playoffs, and they would of made it even if shriek beat them so i dont think its making much of an impact at all in any leagues.
                Wrong Mr. Cig Smoke. Mambo and Ancients will fight for the last playoff position in their conference as Shriek isnt there anymore.
                1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
                1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
                1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
                1:Vitja> afk
                1:Underground> haha vit
                1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

actually, whipe will fight for the last spot
                  There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

Whipe will go 4-0

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                      It is a pitty to see them go bc the 3 squads getting in arent near as good as them
                      I think it's cool that the people from Shriek have spread out a bit, it creates a lot more competition. I think in the future people might get this idea of "competition" in their heads and there might actually be 16 closely matched squads competeting in one season. That's not in OUR lifetime however.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold
                        I think it's cool that the people from Shriek have spread out a bit, it creates a lot more competition. I think in the future people might get this idea of "competition" in their heads and there might actually be 16 closely matched squads competeting in one season. That's not in OUR lifetime however.
                        That won't happen until there's a much larger talent pool.
                        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Woops did I say Shriek? I meant Siege, my bad.
                          Anyways, that wasn't really my point. It isn't helping that more than 20 veteran players are on one squad, some of them not even being able to play for it, just creating a useless pool of skill never put to use. That's just my opinion on the deal though. I'd just like to see in the future a larger variety of skilled teams.
                          Last edited by PaulOakenfold; 07-01-2004, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X