Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sk8 to be banned from TWL (double squadding issue)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sk8 to be banned from TWL (double squadding issue)

Sk8's roster

III. Multiple Squad Membership and Cheating
    Note: Assistant captains are considered players on the Squad, and not as co-captains for purposes of cheating. Because captains and co-captains (which are both marked off as 'captains' on the rosters) are expected to be more responsible, their punishment will be harsher and will result in direct punishment for their Squads. Multiple Squad membership, or double-squadding, is defined as one of the following cases:

a) A player that is rostered with two different participating Squads of Trench Wars League.
    b) A player that is rostered in a participating Trench Wars League Squad and a different Trench Wars Division Squad even if the Squads play in different league divisions.
    c) A player that is rostered more than one time on the same Trench Wars League Squad.
    Instances of double-squadding will not be tolerated. If a player has someone else who uses their computer for TWL (i.e. a sibling), those players are expected to notify the Trench Wars League staff prior to participating in any League matches.
    3.01 Double-squadding for Players: Any player found to be joined to either two Trench Wars Leagues Squads or a Trench Wars Leagues and a Trench Wars Divisions Squad, will be subject to suspension from Trench Wars Leagues for the remainder of the season. If they played in any games the week of discovery, the Squad that had the double-squadder will forfeit those games.
    3.02 Double-squadding for Squad Captains and Co-Captains: Any Squad captain or co-captain found to be joined to either two Trench Wars Leagues Squads or a Trench Wars Leagues and a Trench Wars Divisions Squad, will be subject to:
    a) Suspension from Trench Wars Leagues for the remainder of the season.
    b) A forfeit of all matches played in for the week the offense was discovered for the Squad(s) which the offending player was a captain or co-captain of regardless of participation in those particular games.
    c) Removal of the Squad(s) from Trench Wars League participation for the Squad(s) of which the offending player was a captain or co-captain of. The other members and co-captain(s) of the Squad may appeal this decision and it will be decided by the League Operators, at which point a new captain may be approved.

Sk8's roster is in violation of rule C of section three because downdraft is listed as Downdraft as well as Downdraft <ZH>; both are registered and eligible to play. Since this is the same player and he is rostered twice on the same TWL squadron the squad should be banned because of corresponding TWL rules.

You might be saying "hey wait Mitch, he's on staff that's ok!" Well, there is no rule excluding staff from this--Thus it should be executed by TWL ops. Beside that, why should staffers be exempt from the same TWL rules all players of TWL have to follow? They never have and never should. TWL is a place where the best come to compete vs. each other. Why should staffers get an advantage over other players?

There is no point in having rules if we aren't following them and squads aren't adhering to them. These two squads are obviously in violation of roster rules and I ask that TWL operators deal with them as TWL rules suggest and carry out the TWL rules. I also urge TWL operators to look at the number of people on a squadron (maximum 35).
    Last edited by Mitch; 07-16-2004, 03:06 AM.

I agree.

Comment

Why would they be banned from TWL? He is only a "player" on the roster, and the worst punishment for being a doublesquadding "player"-- as opposed to a captain-- is that the player in question is banned for the rest of the season, and their squad forfiets all games that the doublesquadder played in during the week the offense was discovered. Your squad will only be banned from TWL if it's a captain that is doublesquadding.
      sdg

Comment

geez, well it are the rules, but it is not double squadding since he is the same person i think on the same squad... i might be wrong.. i think i am wrong
        Code:
        1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
        1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
        1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
        1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
        1:lnx> kk
        1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

and defiancy gets a nice twlb win.
          1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
          1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
          1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
          1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

Originally posted by DOTSY
            geez, well it are the rules, but it is not double squadding since he is the same person i think on the same squad... i might be wrong.. i think i am wrong

It is considered double squading, its the same thing as what happend to merce in a sence. Except DD is only doin it bc he's <ZH> and so on, merce did it for other reasons, But either way rules are rules.

Stab: i think mitch was pointing out that dd is an (A) and i dunno i didnt read the whole rule, but maybe (A)'s are considered as bad as (C)? I dunno, if not then its only DD who's in trouble not sk8.
            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Mitch.. go and find another way to be an ass please? kthnx cya
              Under <ZH>> pred i want to taste your man juice!!!
              Originally posted by Cig Smoke
              Pred > JRA > the rest of u

Comment

It is considered double squading, its the same thing as what happend to merce in a sence. Except DD is only doin it bc he's <ZH> and so on, merce did it for other reasons, But either way rules are rules.

Stab: i think mitch was pointing out that dd is an (A) and i dunno i didnt read the whole rule, but maybe (A)'s are considered as bad as (C)? I dunno, if not then its only DD who's in trouble not sk8.
                YUP rules are RULES.. you know what.. let the twlops decide?
                Under <ZH>> pred i want to taste your man juice!!!
                Pred > JRA > the rest of u

Comment

hahaha
                  This is pure genius.
                  Someone send this into outer space to confuse the aliens.

Comment

[/QUOTE]
                    Sk8's roster is in violation of rule C of section three because downdraft is listed as Downdraft as well as Downdraft <ZH>; both are registered and eligible to play. Since this is the same player and he is rostered twice on the same TWL squadron the squad should be banned because of corresponding TWL rules.

Thats the dumbest excuse for trying to get someone banned from twl... :down: for being gay
                    "I'm a fucking walking paradox, no I'm not
                    Threesomes with a fucking triceratops, Reptar
                    " - Tyler the Creator
                    Yonkers video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw

Comment

To be honest those two names have been on that roster for like 5 weeks already, ever since downdraft got on staff.

But Mitch, you know your my pal, there is one thing thats different with Sk8: they had to send in a list of people who CAN play for TWL since their roster was bigger than 35 people. Downdraft <ZH> probably never got sent in to be eligable for TWL.

That leaves us only the fact that they have 2 names on roster for TWD, which is illegal also, but maybe doesnt affect TWL.

And I would rather have sk8 (and Shriek) in TWL than those squads that last one week in TWL. Maybe they should raise the playersanctions instead of punishing squads.

Peace!
                      .: ExquisiteHosting.com
                      .: Website, Reseller & A. Hosting

Roxy :
                      zzz

Comment

This thread has 'Troll' (sorry TK, not you) written all over it...
                        Veni Vidi Visa - I came, I saw, I did some shopping.

Also did some game development. Check out this horror adventure game if you like point'n'clicks.

Comment

ease is captain and got two names on roster thought one is ineligible but who cares
                          1:Omnigod> when i look at that pic its more like SADMAN

Comment

Originally posted by THE PUSHER
                            III. Multiple Squad Membership and Cheating

Note: Assistant captains are considered players on the Squad, and not as co-captains for purposes of cheating. Because captains and co-captains (which are both marked off as 'captains' on the rosters) are expected to be more responsible, their punishment will be harsher and will result in direct punishment for their Squads. Multiple Squad membership, or double-squadding, is defined as one of the following cases:

a) A player that is rostered with two different participating Squads of Trench Wars League.
                            b) A player that is rostered in a participating Trench Wars League Squad and a different Trench Wars Division Squad even if the Squads play in different league divisions.
                            c) A player that is rostered more than one time on the same Trench Wars League Squad.
                            d) A player that is rostered in a Trench Wars League Squad allowing another player to use their name to play in a League match.
                            e) A player that is rostered in a Trench Wars League Squad using another player’s names to play in a League Match.

Instances of double-squadding will not be tolerated. If a player has someone else who uses their computer for TWL (i.e. a sibling), those players are expected to notify the Trench Wars League staff prior to participating in any League matches.

3.01 Double-squadding for Players: Any player found to be joined to either two Trench Wars Leagues Squads or a Trench Wars Leagues and a Trench Wars Divisions Squad, will be subject to suspension from Trench Wars Leagues for the remainder of the season. If they played in any games the week of discovery, the Squad that had the double-squadder will forfeit those games.

3.02 Double-squadding for Squad Captains and Co-Captains: Any Squad captain or co-captain found to be joined to either two Trench Wars Leagues Squads or a Trench Wars Leagues and a Trench Wars Divisions Squad, will be subject to:
                            a) Suspension from Trench Wars Leagues for the remainder of the season.
                            b) A forfeit of all matches played in for the week the offense was discovered for the Squad(s) which the offending player was a captain or co-captain of regardless of participation in those particular games.
                            c) Removal of the Squad(s) from Trench Wars League participation for the Squad(s) of which the offending player was a captain or co-captain of. The other members and co-captain(s) of the Squad may appeal this decision and it will be decided by the League Operators, at which point a new captain may be approved.

3.03 Any Squad member found to be guilty of cheating to alter game play and to create an unfair advantage, will be subject to:
                            a) Permanent suspension from Trench Wars Leagues participation.
                            b) Forfeit of all Squad matches played in the week the offense was discovered of which the player participated in.
                            c) Referral to League Operators and Trench Wars Moderators for immediate punishment including being banned from Trench Wars.

3.04 Any Squad Captain or Co-Captain found to be guilty of cheating to alter game play and to create an unfair advantage, will be subject to:
                            a) Permanent suspension from Trench Wars Leagues participation.
                            b) Forfeit of all Squad matches played in the week the offense was discovered for the Squad(s) of which the player was a captain or co-captain of regardless of participation in those particular games.
                            d) Referral to League Operators and Trench Wars Moderators for immediate punishment including being banned from Trench Wars.
                            :info:
                            Originally posted by Kolar
                            My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                            ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Actually there are quite a few staffers that have two names on their squad's roster. One of those names being their staff name and the other being a non-staff name. Reason being is we allow staffers the option to use a non-staff name for TWL matches, but ask them to use a staff name for TWD games. This is a benefit afforded to staffers since the green messages from help calls, cheater calls, advert calls, and banned user logins can be very distracting. Hope this clears any confusion.

-PUSH
                              Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Working...
                              X