No announcement yet.

Next League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• with no star cap would there be enough players for 10 teams?

The Mind of the Father
    Riding on the subtle guiders
    Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
    Of relentless Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by Pressure View Post

TWDT is and has always been way less serious/competitive than TWL has ever been (TWDT used to be a bit more competitive/serious, but became even less serious/competitive with the introduction of star caps and the fostering of newer/lesser known players)
      absolute crock of horseshit, the majority of elite TWL players play and care about TWDT, and I wouldn't trade my TWDT-B 2020 as a 10* for a TWLB title. TWDT has been the main league of this zone for the better part of the decade.

when you start winning TWDT-Bs you can talk about how TWDT isn't serious/competitive. until then you have zero credibility on the issue.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

• I am willing to help in whatever capacity towards with running a TWDT. Be this staff coordination, just a regular League Op, hosting individual games, writing (base) HoN/something similar. To get this discussion more focused, here's what we need to get started:

3-5 league ops. We dont need 100% participation from everyone, just to serve as a committee to make decisions. I believe MC, Pressure, and myself have all volunteered

8-10 captains (2 backups). How exactly this is working is still being decided, if it's 3 per team instead of just 1. Regardless, we need people to step up and cap. I think Poseidon said he was looking to show off his draft skills after winning Basing Cup.

Proposed schedule for TWDT, regardless of star ratings or anything:

Thursday July 9- finalize rules, ops, and captains. This is a week from tomorrow, so maybe it's a bit aggressive. People need to take a look at star ratings (if we're playing with those) and possibly update the rules.

Sunday July 12- draft Sunday

Sunday July 19- Week 1

Sunday July 26- Week 2

Friday July 31- FA deadline

Sunday August 2- FA draft followed by Week 3 games

Friday August 7- trading deadline

Sunday August 9- Week 4

Sunday August 16- Week 5

Sunday August 23- Week 6

Sunday August 30- Week 7

Sunday Septembrr 6- the 7th is Labor day in the US, I suggest we skip this weekend as a break before playoffs. But that's just me being selfish.

Sunday September 13- playoff quarter/semifinals, depending on how many qualify. Probably better to just have 4 finalists per league.

Sunday September 20- TWDT Summer 2020 Finals

Any thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post
          I am willing to help in whatever capacity towards with running a TWDT. Be this staff coordination, just a regular League Op, hosting individual games, writing (base) HoN/something similar. To get this discussion more focused, here's what we need to get started:

3-5 league ops. We dont need 100% participation from everyone, just to serve as a committee to make decisions. I believe MC, Pressure, and myself have all volunteered

8-10 captains (2 backups). How exactly this is working is still being decided, if it's 3 per team instead of just 1. Regardless, we need people to step up and cap. I think Poseidon said he was looking to show off his draft skills after winning Basing Cup.

Thursday July 9- finalize rules, ops, and captains. This is a week from tomorrow, so maybe it's a bit aggressive. People need to take a look at star ratings (if we're playing with those) and possibly update the rules.

Sunday July 19- Week 1

Sunday July 26- Week 2

Sunday August 9- Week 4

Sunday August 16- Week 5

Sunday August 23- Week 6

Sunday August 30- Week 7

Sunday Septembrr 6- the 7th is Labor day in the US, I suggest we skip this weekend as a break before playoffs. But that's just me being selfish.

Sunday September 13- playoff quarter/semifinals, depending on how many qualify. Probably better to just have 4 finalists per league.

Any thoughts?
          OK lets go. I am willing to take the lead if needed. Lets get together this weekend to get into the rules etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post
            I am willing to help in whatever capacity towards with running a TWDT. Be this staff coordination, just a regular League Op, hosting individual games, writing (base) HoN/something similar. To get this discussion more focused, here's what we need to get started:

Sunday July 19- Week 1

Sunday July 26- Week 2

Sunday August 9- Week 4

Sunday August 16- Week 5

Sunday August 23- Week 6

Sunday August 30- Week 7

Any thoughts?
            Awesome job. Is there any possibility that weekday games can be played, possibly for just scrimmages (scheduled by squad captains/coordinators), or even for less money (maybe player donations)? Could a game-by-game gambling/betting pool be created so DT squads can scrimmage throughout the week for money? Just some thoughts. We need to increase weekly activity and this could be a good way to do so.

WillBy, would you be willing to consider running TWL as well? I'll keep reiterating this, but in my opinion, regardless of whatever the next league is, we need to make a money-incentivized TWL announcement to stimulate and maintain future interest in the game, even if the announcement is for TWL to be in 6-12 months.

Btw, I will help, but if there ought to be 5 coordinators, then I should be the 5th.
            Last edited by Pressure; 07-01-2020, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claushouse View Post

absolute crock of horseshit, the majority of elite TWL players play and care about TWDT, and I wouldn't trade my TWDT-B 2020 as a 10* for a TWLB title. TWDT has been the main league of this zone for the better part of the decade.

when you start winning TWDT-Bs you can talk about how TWDT isn't serious/competitive. until then you have zero credibility on the issue.
              I know it must hurt to have gotten so badly owned in LB finals (never forget that you had 9 deaths and 0 TeK in both games), but grasping at straws like this just to make yourself feel better makes you look weak.

Comment

• you hiding behind the most stacked TWLB spider line in the last 10 years making you think you're better is the most delusional thing i've ever seen. taking fire past plade and making the finals with our roster after losing most of our spiders to Pandora a week before leagues was a success.

i've been to 6 straight TWLB finals and back-to-back TWLD finals, you've been to 3 straight TWLB finals, my TWL credentials are doing just fine, thanks. slapped you in Basing Cup semis, last TWLB finals, every TWDT-B season ever, and beat you in every other TWLB season (including s21 when we knocked you out in the bo3 semis with our actual line).

after i won TWLB in 2015 you went on some rant about how TWLB is a joke and nothing but an all-star game and it doesn't matter.

the fact everybody in this zone would take mikkiz over you when you've done twice as much as him in TWL shows how much TWDT matters, sorry.

just because you can't carry and win in draft leagues where you can't hide behind turban/skatarius/spezza/saiyan/spartan doesn't mean they're not competitive.

top 100 basers list

Comment

you hiding behind the most stacked TWLB spider line in the last 10 years making you think you're better is the most delusional thing i've ever seen. taking fire past plade and making the finals with our roster after losing most of our spiders to Pandora a week before leagues was a success.

i've been to 6 straight TWLB finals and back-to-back TWLD finals, you've been to 3 straight TWLB finals, my TWL credentials are doing just fine, thanks. slapped you in Basing Cup semis, last TWLB finals, every TWDT-B season ever, and beat you in every other TWLB season (including s21 when we knocked you out in the bo3 semis with our actual line).

after i won TWLB in 2015 you went on some rant about how TWLB is a joke and nothing but an all-star game and it doesn't matter.

the fact everybody in this zone would take mikkiz over you when you've done twice as much as him in TWL shows how much TWDT matters, sorry.

just because you can't carry and win in draft leagues where you can't hide behind turban/skatarius/spezza/saiyan/spartan doesn't mean they're not competitive.
                  9 deaths, 0 TeK, both games in finals.

Nothing more to say.

Comment

• there's no way thix hasn't won a twdtb in like 20 attempts... take a look through the data theres got to be a glitch somewhere lol

Comment

• thx willby

unforunately defending draft-leaguer champ captain poseidon is going to be hard cruising across the states and wont be active enuff to commit to a cap position. but please mr league op consider this proposal for Basing:

edit: re: individual ship ratings: A way of doing this without it getting too out of hand is to allow each player one extra separately rated ship, if requested. Eg. a thread could be started and I would post that I would like to be rated for Shark specifically in addition to my Main Rating... One xtra ship only - not two. Any ship I play that isnt shark counts towards Main Rating.
                      Then Any1 who wants the 1 xtra ship rating can post in the thread and we can keep it easily organized.
                      could i add that throwing in a week or two of preseason could be nice. also consider expanding star car for basing
                      personally i would vote for no star cap altogether and try to expand teams to 9 or 10

The Mind of the Father
                      Of relentless Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by zidane View Post
                        there's no way thix hasn't won a twdtb in like 20 attempts... take a look through the data theres got to be a glitch somewhere lol
                        I got close! But you started Sika in WB in finals instead of spidering him like we did all season and we ended up getting terribly outspidered.

Comment

• he's saying the closest he ever got was with zidane as his sharker

The Mind of the Father
                          Of relentless Fire

Comment

• Congrats to Thix on the Chief Utsav "I got carried" Lifetime Achievement Award

I'd ask how you were transporting it home, but we all know you're going to have someone carry it for you.
                            top 100 basers list

Comment

• I will be running TWDT. Stay Tuned.
                              Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Congrats to Thix on the Chief Utsav "I got carried" Lifetime Achievement Award

I'd ask how you were transporting it home, but we all know you're going to have someone carry it for you.
                                9 deaths, 0 TeK, both games in finals.

Comment

Working...
                                X