This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rab View Post
    A few people seem to be failing to understand this.
    A forfeit is another way of saying "a replay which is staged with the same positioning and time on the clock, which Plade would refuse to play".
    edit: it is more reasonable to have a forfeit than waste everyone's time with a replay like that which is clearly only going to go one way.
    A forfeit is a forfeit, regardless of how you wanna spin it.

Plus, the appeal also calls for DW to be banned of twl, which implies he did it 100% on purpose.
    Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
    1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

A forfeit is another way of saying "a replay which is staged with the same positioning and time on the clock, which Plade would refuse to play".
      edit: it is more reasonable to have a forfeit than waste everyone's time with a replay like that which is clearly only going to go one way.
      LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOL

A forfeit is another way of saying "a replay which is staged with the same positioning and time on the clock, which Plade would refuse to play"

IM SURE THATS WHAT WAS MEANT BY FORFEIT

Comment

Uhh... I think you're in the minority of "failing to understand" what a forfeit means.

zidane> big play
        Omega Red> dwop sick
        mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
        WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
        1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

• forfeit

[ˈf?rfət]

VERB
          • lose or be deprived of (property or a right or privilege) as a penalty for wrongdoing.
            "those unable to meet their taxes were liable to forfeit their property"

NOUN
          • a fine or penalty for wrongdoing or for a breach of the rules in a club or game.
            "the loser must pay a forfeit"
            synonyms:
            penalty ? financial penalty ? fine ? fee ? charge ? sanction ? punitive action ? [more]

ADJECTIVE
          • lost or surrendered as a penalty for wrongdoing or neglect.
            "the lands which he had acquired were automatically forfeit"

Rab

Comment

• Originally posted by 7roll View Post
            IM SURE THATS WHAT WAS MEANT BY FORFEIT
            I'm telling you 100% it is.

Comment

- it's not a well known glitch in tw. some people know about it apparently, but most people don't. unlike the jupe, which everyone knows about, and causes a replay when it happens at the end of a game. this is worse than that.
              - defo should fix the bug with the bots regardless of the outcome
              - thanks for saying you thought you were going to lose
              - agreed the match was otherwise very competitive and fun, well played.
              umm, to correct you flag jupes more often than not do not result in replays even when they happen at the end of the game.

historically speaking almost all flag jupe appeals have been denied, and in most cases people have not even bothered to appeal or complain about it even when they have happened during last minutes of the game. only in most recent seasons have those appeals even been considered (and accepted?), so please don't speak out of your ass. i guess this comment can be attributed to your lack of experience in competitive leagues as you haven't been a competitive baser for that long and i suppose you don't really know the history of our competitive leagues.

as an example, season 20 finals featuring Dudgeon and Burn ended with a jupe without someone even running over a mine. you can see the match at this link: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3f31aj -- this was not appealed by Dudgeon as it was accepted as part of the game despite it potentially affecting the end result as they could have made a comeback. however, i can guarantee Burn would have sent an appeal had it happened to their side with a loss, and at that time it would've been denied even with video proof. this is one of many examples of jupes happening in league matches.

these are unfortunate game mechanics which have been accepted by long-time basing community members as a part of the game. it can at times be unfair, and sometimes feel like complete bullshit, but people move on and have always managed to accept the result with the exception of few individuals. most of these "glitches" can be fixed and should be fixed, but until then it's fair game as pretty much every experienced baser knows about the existence of these issues and have used them in some way. it doesn't matter whether it was intentional or unintentional, nor does the severity of the case matter that much in the end.

Comment

• Rab

It doesn't matter what you're telling me. You don't get to decide that a forfeit ACTUALLY means a replay. You just made you and your team look like the biggest goofs by pulling some bullshit story of trying to explain what was meant by the word forfeit.

WHAT FIRE WANTS
                Fire would have won the game had the cheat not occurred. So we want Plade to forfeit for cheating. Any Player found to be guilty of cheating to alter game play during a TWL match will result in up to a Class 3 Player Offense and Class 1B Team Offense as per rules.
                https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...DFH0WI6w/edit#

This is the only outcome which does not incentivise future cheating. If a losing team can get a win or a replay by using a cheat, they’re going to do it every time.

I dont see anything about a replay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Turban View Post

umm, to correct you flag jupes more often than not do not result in replays even when they happen at the end of the game.

historically speaking almost all flag jupe appeals have been denied, and in most cases people have not even bothered to appeal or complain about it even when they have happened during last minutes of the game. only in most recent seasons have those appeals even been considered (and accepted?), so please don't speak out of your ass. i guess this comment can be attributed to your lack of experience in competitive leagues as you haven't been a competitive baser for that long and i suppose you don't really know the history of our competitive leagues.

as an example, season 20 finals featuring Dudgeon and Burn ended with a jupe without someone even running over a mine. you can see the match at this link: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3f31aj -- this was not appealed by Dudgeon as it was accepted as part of the game despite it potentially affecting the end result as they could have made a comeback. however, i can guarantee Burn would have sent an appeal had it happened to their side with a loss, and at that time it would've been denied even with video proof. this is one of many examples of jupes happening in league matches.

these are unfortunate game mechanics which have been accepted by long-time basing community members as a part of the game. it can at times be unfair, and sometimes feel like complete bullshit, but people move on and have always managed to accept the result with the exception of few individuals. most of these "glitches" can be fixed and should be fixed, but until then it's fair game as pretty much every experienced baser knows about the existence of these issues and have used them in some way. it doesn't matter whether it was intentional or unintentional, nor does the severity of the case matter that much in the end.
                  You're talking out of your ass because obviously recent rulings override older ones in terms of setting precedent. What you did in TWL 10 years ago has no bearing on the fact that jupes result in replays NOW, had a jupe occurred at the end of this game and been appealed it would result in a replay. The invisible jav being worse than that (because it's not well known + there's no way to avoid it) means nothing weaker than a replay should be possible as an outcome.

Comment

Rab

It doesn't matter what you're telling me. You don't get to decide that a forfeit ACTUALLY means a replay. You just made you and your team look like the biggest goofs by pulling some bullshit story of trying to explain what was meant by the word forfeit.

WHAT FIRE WANTS
                    Fire would have won the game had the cheat not occurred. So we want Plade to forfeit for cheating. Any Player found to be guilty of cheating to alter game play during a TWL match will result in up to a Class 3 Player Offense and Class 1B Team Offense as per rules.
                    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...DFH0WI6w/edit#

This is the only outcome which does not incentivise future cheating. If a losing team can get a win or a replay by using a cheat, they’re going to do it every time.

I dont see anything about a replay?
                    I already explained why the word forfeit was used and word replay was not. You're asking exactly the same thing again.

Comment

I already explained why the word forfeit was used and word replay was not. You're asking exactly the same thing again.
                      Sigh, Rab .

re?play
                      verb
                      /rēˈplā/
                      1. 1.
                        play back (a recording on tape, video, or film).
                        "he could stop the tape and replay it whenever he wished"2.
                        repeat (something, especially an event or sequence of events).
                        "she replayed in her mind every detail of the night before"
                      noun
                      /ˈrēˌplā/
                      1. 1.
                        the playing again of a section of a recording, especially so as to be able to watch an incident more closely.
                        "clouds can be studied in speeded-up replay"
                      2. 2.
                        an occurrence which closely follows the pattern of a previous event.
                        "a replay of last summer's civil disturbance"

You're wrong here.
                      zidane> big play
                      Omega Red> dwop sick
                      mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                      WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                      1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

• How are you managing to post dictionary entries whilst also failing to understand the words? Impressive.

Comment

• Rab

You explained that forfeit means replay.

Comment

Rab
                            You explained that forfeit means replay.
                            Try to work on your reading.

Comment

• This forfeit vs replay argument is the same as the "it wasnt explicitly written in the rules" argument from 15 pages ago its a bunch of grown men in their 30s trying to win an argument on a technicality instead of using common sense. iI's all really stupid and irrelevant and I know I troll a lot in game about people being unskilled, but I'm extremely disappointed in all of you as a community that it's come to this. All of the personal attacks against Zidane and Dreamwin are completely irrelevant to this appeal and are honestly just embarrassing to see from a community of adults.

Dreamwin is a good dude I don't know what was running through his head at the time but it obviously looks bad that he's done it twice in 4 months. Even still, just from my experiences talking to him, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't malicious. It still changed the outcome of the game, and whether or not Plade would have broken there without a jav, we'll never know. I slept on it and I think a replay of game 3 from 0-0 would be the most fair outcome with the bots being fixed beforehand.

I get that both teams want to win bad but we've all known eachother for 15 years. At some point there's gotta be some level of respect for the other guys as human beings.
                              Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

• Rab
                                A forfeit is another way of saying "a replay which is staged with the same positioning and time on the clock, which Plade would refuse to play"

Comment

Working...
                                X