Best of the Triple Leaguers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best of the Triple Leaguers

Hey, this thread is probably going to turn into some trash talking flaming thread, but i wanted to start it anyway. I thought about starting it after playoffs, so we can really determine the best, but anything can happen from now to then, so i thought it'd be safer to do it now.

Being a 3-League squad takes more skill/discipline/time than most people know, and to not miss games or drop to the bottom of your weakest league takes alot of determination. To make it to the top in all 3 leagues is another story. It's really hard to determine who is the best out of the current
    5-triple league squads.(not counting melee, anyone take a guess why?) These 5 squads are Disoblige, sk8, -final-, syndicate and pallies. Even though i give much respect to diso and sk8 for remaining at the top of there best leagues, they are both bumped off in this list of 5, simply for the reason that they couldn't accomplish success in all 3 leagues.

Now, obviously this topic is going to be objective viewpoints, but nonetheless, i'd like to hear everyones remarks. IMHO, it is almost impossible to determine the best until after the playoffs, and even right now. Statistic and standing wise, -final- would be everyones clear cut pick as the best overall team. And, they way they are currently playing, i would have to agree. But when you look at it in terms of three seperate leagues, and other factors such as attendance, it is more difficult to narrow it down like that. Syndicate appears to be everyones favorite for TWLJ, with final and pallies being a close second, although pallies beat syndicate, and final never played pallies. -Final- seems to obviously be the top pick for twld, beating out both close contenders in syndicate and pallies, but as everyone knows, anything could happen in the playoffs, but nonetheless regular season proved that final was the best here. Pallies and syndicates wb games have both seemed to falter of late, but playoffs are all about upsets, so once again we'll have to wait and see. For TWLB, pallies seems to be the favorites, but looking at last weeks unofficial loss, and the standings, final can easily grab the championship in this league. don't count out syndicate tho, the team that almost beat diso last year(elusive, syndicate same thing, fuck off) can easily pull off a few upsets here, although in this league they seem a bit further back than pallies and final.

Looking at all 3 leagues, most would assume -final- is the best overall squad, and as it looks right now, I can't argue with it, and neither can anyone else. hopefully syndicate or pallies can change the tide of this, proving that regular season is just a test to get into the big games, and maybe we'll turn some heads. Gl to my fellow triple leagues, diso and sk8 included, gl throughout the playoffs, hopefully we'll get to face in the finals of one or more leagues.

P.S.-the comment about melee was uncalled for, apologies, the fact that they remained together through defeat after defeat, in not one league but three, says something about these guys. Congrats on you guys too, you didn't pull any pussy shit like cheating, or drop out like lazy fucks. Gj and keep it up.

EDIT:there are more typos in this threads than there are asians at a pingpong tournament, so just ignore the majority of them, because i'm too lazy to fix them.

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
    Asia Minor> maybe not
    Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
    bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
    bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
    bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
    bloodzombie> seriously

I don't know if you meant for other opinions or just to express your own but i agree with you that -Final- seems to be the squad to beat in TWLB, but i don't think that will be the case in TWLD. In TWLD, they had Foxy as possibly the other competant, consistant and dominant warbird throughout almost all of the regular season, (third implying Raspi and Sika are the top 2) but they lost that and then had an easy remaining 2 or 3 weeks, so i think playoffs will show they will no longer be the best in TWLD.

I also think that Syndicate's chances in LD and LB aren't quite as good as they'd be considered earlier this year although with a lineup like that, they will always be a huge threat. I think they are the jav team to beat though, so i guess we agree there.

So, i picked -Final- to win TWLB, Syndicate to win TWLJ... i guess i'm going to have to say that neither of the top 3, three-leaguers will be my pick for TWLD. I have a feeling Grapevine will win it, they may not have a bench like Pallies or Syndicate but their starters, and lower profile names such as Mega Newbie, Tys and Deck alongside MetalKid, Randedl and Weaver are a lineup which i think can defeat just about anyone more often than not.

No one in any of the leagues is unbeatable, and some upsets should happen in the first round to suprise some people. But this is how i see the final results happening... atleast for now :x

Comment

Fuck final, pallies is the best.
      We're the funniest
      Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Of course u havta mention -f- as 1 of the best 3 league squads i mean they are on the top of all 3 leagues or darn close. Thing is they gotta hope mitch can make every game (which he has so far and probably will) bc w/o him in terr -f- isnt to strong. I also agree with awesome when he says they are lackin that 3rd consistant wb. Sure they got guys who sprout up each week, but no one consistant.

Then u can name pallies. WHo do have a chance at possibly winning all 3 leagues. I mean they mite possibly have the 3 best wbs in leagues (vihta/blood/banzi) if they stay active. Then they also got great javs and basing has always been there strong point. I think Pallies would have a better shot at winning all 3 leagues then ne other squad.

Diso: Last season diso would probably be the top 3 league squad. This season they had there problems in basing but will make the playoffs and could possibly be an underdog threat. In javs (probably there best league) They got a good top line then fall off huge. They got 4 good starters and w/o download they lack that 5th consistant starter. They'll need Pjotter to step it up eveyr game in playoffs. In LD they got a steady line of wb's but nothing great.

Synd: nice wb/jav lineup, probably the favorite for the jav title w/o shriek in ther way. Wbs they'll have trouble with pallies and -f- i think but they still could pull it off. Where they lack tho is in basing. They dont have a real steady terr, 1 week its burnt, the next demon then someone else. There spiders show up 1 week then dont the next. They'll need fbz in shark if they plan on doin any damage in playoffs.

Sk8:another decent squad in ld/lj but lackin huge in there 1st LB season. I'd expect em to come back next season and have a better lineup in base. They rely on ease and a few others to carry them though through every game.

melee:horrid in all 3 leagues, but they stayed alive, props! $
        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Good post, Hellz. As for Foxy no longer on -Final-, it sucks, because he is a good friend of mine. But when Foxy struggled in a couple matches, we subbed him and didn't miss a beat. There are many interchangeable parts with our TWL-D line that have good post-season experience. We're a perfect 10-0 in 1 round settings, beating us 2 out of 3 rounds is asking a lot. But hey, if a team beats us, congrats to them because they would have earned it. I just don't see it happening. Not with Raspi and Sika playing.
          RaCka> how can i get you here
          death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
          RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
          death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

i think world of warcraft will win the playoffs for pallies
            jee

Comment

Good post Hellz. -F- will, as you say, be very hard to beat in wbs, but there are squads that got the skill to do it on a good day. Javs are also tough, it'll be Synd/Pallies/-F- who takes the trophy. I find -F- a step behind the others here, but we'll see... And Pallies is my favourite in basing too.
              1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
              1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
              1: cundor> dude
              1: cundor> i already told my parents
              1: Desperate> LOL
              1: Cremation> HAHA
              1: bram> :)
              1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

I think you posted it too soon hellz :/

"though i give much respect to diso and sk8 for remaining at the top of there best leagues, they are both bumped off in this list of 5, simply for the reason that they couldn't accomplish success in all 3 leagues."

We can still win all 3 leagues so dont count us out yet. Not saying we will actually win but as long as the chance is there we wont give up.

edit: and remember that last year we were the top overall squad
                Last edited by Mantra-Slider; 07-31-2004, 05:27 AM.
                Originally posted by Tyson
                There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                Originally posted by HeavenSent
                Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                Originally posted by Izor
                Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

were you? or was elusive the top overall squad last year?

you both won 1 league.
                  you both made it to the finals in 2 leagues.
                  you both made it to semi-finals in all 3 leagues.

both great squads but how do you decide which was the top squad last year?
                  Last edited by Awesome; 07-31-2004, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Because we were higher up total.

Disoblige
                    TWLJ - #1
                    TWLD - #3
                    TWLB - #2

Elusive

TWLJ - #2
                    TWLD - #1
                    TWLB - #4

..If I remember correctly. If it's wrong, someone please do fill me in!
                    Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                    You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                    There wont be another election for president.
                    Obama is the Omega President.
                    http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

"and remember that last year we were the top overall squad"

nope. And there is no such thing as 3rd, 4th places.

Elusive > Disoblige

You of course have your view and I mine, both being heavily biased

Comment

By looking at the overall standings last year we were better. Especially since
                        we beat you in BOTH javs AND base.

Disoblige > Elusive
                        Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                        You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                        There wont be another election for president.
                        Obama is the Omega President.
                        http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

I see where you coming from. But I still believe Elusive to be a better squad in 2 out of 3 leagues, regardless of the final results. Diso deserves credit for winning javs you were better on *that* day, but I honestly believe us the better jav squad overall. The countless TWJD's we had in which Elusive dominated confirms that for me. I know you will disagree with my opinion and logic and thats fine .

Good thread Hellz, everyone who made it in three leagues deserves credit :up: , playoffs are going to be fun.
                          Last edited by Rule; 07-31-2004, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Rule
                            Originally posted by Tyson
                            There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                            Originally posted by HeavenSent
                            Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                            Originally posted by Izor
                            Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
                              Fuck final, pallies is the best.
                              We're the funniest
                              I agree to that!
                              the price is right, bitch.

Comment

Working...
                              X