No announcement yet.

Best of the Triple Leaguers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I've said in a previous post, regarding your idea Awesome. I think 12 squads MIGHT be a great idea, but I think that the TWL ops really have to pay attention to how many competetive squads are competing this TWD season, and then make the decision a couple of weeks before the TWL season begins. WIth the way people are moving around we could easily get 16 competetive squads for LD and LJ at LEAST, but on the other hand, people might play it convservative and keep large squads, and then we might just see another season when there are only 12 competetive squads, but either way, I don't think we can determine that now.

Comment

Originally posted by Desperate
      My bad, 16 per league of course.

And I must say, you're idea isn't bad either.
      why does a game have to be entertaining to u Awesome?
      u dont even base? so who cares if you want to go watch it

TWL is for the players playing the game

as has been said all along that if smaller roster limits were enforced.... there would be more talent out there as well to strengthen those bottom rosters...

what happens now is these rosters got huge, then halfway thru the season people realized they werent going to get playing time and started jumping to squads hoping to get playing time....

theres more then enuf players to field stronger lineups across the board.... but u will never have parity across the league, nor should it be expected....

if u can get squads that will stick it out and not dissovle... and with smaller rosters that will be less likely to happen i think.... the league will easily support that many squads...

the elitist bullshit saying that make the leagues smaller so that all teams are 100% competitive is a crock of shit....

might better just make leagues 4 teams per division, and have a 3 week season.... just so the games are more entertaining for you to watch lol
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

why not get 22 teams, 11 per conference, 10 weeks, no cross conference. end scene.
        Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
        Philos> there is something about you
        Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

We should go back to the ways when TWL Ops decided to invite whoever they wanted to TWL. The leagues were more sturdy then. The ops could use TWD as a tool as to help guide who should be in TWL. There should be 11 squads in each league. Total. This league is supposed to be for the best squads. Frankly, this league season we've had the most drop outs and replacements ever. We need less more competetive stacked squads. TWL is supposed to be like Pro of SVS. If we have to, we could create another league not during the TWL season to appease the shittier squads. TWT or some system like that. That would be antoher indicator of who gets into TWL.

The TWD system for TWL has too many flaws. For instance, my team barely got into TWLBm via TWD picking. Yet, we're the #1 team.

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
            why not get 22 teams, 11 per conference, 10 weeks, no cross conference. end scene.
            no =/ that'd make very few competitive regular season games
            Originally posted by Mitch
            We should go back to the ways when TWL Ops decided to invite whoever they wanted to TWL. The leagues were more sturdy then. The ops could use TWD as a tool as to help guide who should be in TWL. There should be 11 squads in each league. Total. This league is supposed to be for the best squads. Frankly, this league season we've had the most drop outs and replacements ever. We need less more competetive stacked squads. TWL is supposed to be like Pro of SVS. If we have to, we could create another league not during the TWL season to appease the shittier squads. TWT or some system like that. That would be antoher indicator of who gets into TWL.

The TWD system for TWL has too many flaws. For instance, my team barely got into TWLBm via TWD picking. Yet, we're the #1 team.
            100% completely agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
              so you propose 32 teams per league?

the reason i keep suggesting 12 teams per league (and get rid of conferences) is because that way you make leagues 11 weeks (then add additional weeks for makeups or whatever) and every squad faces every other squad once. it works out perfect. and plus theres the obvious reason which i've mentioned before also that you get only competitive squads, i mean hasn't basing become more interesting with 12 competitive teams this year + sk8/melee games which no one is interested in. you take out sk8/melee from that league, it becomes 12 teams and every game is an interesting one (to basing fans atleast)... same concept applies in ld/lj... cut it to 12 teams and every game becomes something that fans can enjoy and makes the league more fair to all participants, even if there are a few less participants
              I think ur idea would fit good for LD/LJ, but not for basing. Basing is continuing to grow bigger and bigger and it quite frankly isnt as hard to master a ship in basing as it is a wb/jav in dueling. This season we thought BC would be a huge disaster sneaking into TWLB, but look @ them now a 5:5 season, who would of thought that. Next year i'd expect them to be even stronger. They are building a nice team over 2 years in TWL which is what we should give otehr squads the opertunity to do also. Then you have sk8 who had its 1st couple gamesa ll blowouts, now at the end of the year they are atleast making things closer with some squads and made some nice pickups which they'll have next season (if they qualify) Then you'll have new squads which are gonna be created, Distinct is looking good if it can b ekept alive is 1 example and im sure they'll be alot more. Dragonguard is recruiting alot of basers also. We (TW) have the biggest population out of all the zones and we "can" only field 12 teams? tahts BS. Limit the rosters so some squads arent pilling up ppl so that players can be spread around and then we'll have more squads. With our population we should get atleast 16 squads per league.
              _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Too bad ppl don't wanna limit rosters bc they wanna play w/their friends ... all 35 of them. 35 player team can support 7 freakin full dueling lineups ... that's pretty big when u sit down to think bout it.

Comment

Ya i know, i was looking at it to the other day. I mean SK8 (not to pick on them) had 46 ppl on there roster. I mean thats a hella lot of ppl. They arent the only squad with alot i just cant remember the other ones off the top of my head. Limit the rosters already then you'll have ur 16 competative squads, if not more (in basing atleast)
                  _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

If people joined squads to play with their friends I think they'd be a weeeeee bit more stable.

Anyways I agree with the 12 team idea and the Op picking idea. TWD should turn into a regular mini-tournament or something i dunno.
                    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

cig smoke, if you learned what a paragraph was more people would take you seriously/read what you take the time to write.
                      Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                      Philos> there is something about you
                      Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
                        cig smoke, if you learned what a paragraph was more people would take you seriously/read what you take the time to write.
                        -Tys
                        Blood Love Overcomes Our Depressions

PROPERTY OF DICE AS OF FEB, 17 2007

WIN LOSE OR TIE UNITED FORCE TILL I DIE

THE BOYS OF SUMMER
                        LIVE FOR GRAPEVINE
                        SHED BLOOD FOR GRAPEVINE
                        I DIE FOR GRAPEVINE

WWW.SIZZERB.COM

Comment

Ya but i dont care to much. Enough ppl read it bc they all complain about my grammer and what not. That shows me that they read it regardless. I do try to use paragraphs if its a big post. Something like that last post on this thread (which was 4 lines long) i care not to seperate into 2 paragraphs.
                          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                            Ya but i dont care to much. Enough ppl read it bc they all complain about my grammer and what not. That shows me that they read it regardless. I do try to use paragraphs if its a big post. Something like that last post on this thread (which was 4 lines long) i care not to seperate into 2 paragraphs.

If your posts are longer than this one, I skip them.
                            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

cig smoke, just run your posts through microsoft word (spell/grammer check) before you click the "Submit Reply" button

Comment

I alwayas doe thot tooo, grammear is alwayas pefrect whne i pots
                                Rough> lol these 3 newbies
                                Rough> ive seen deck play better :P

Randedl> flapping their arms around
                                Randedl> ask them why
                                Randedl> SO MY FINGERS MOVE FASTER MAN

Comment

Working...
                                X