No announcement yet.

The circle jerk which is TWD basing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a perfect example of someone on our roster not paying attention to the line they are putting in and it made for a really shitty match. It starts with your own squad, if you can not balance your own line, you can not expect the other team to do it for you. Just do your best to avoid putting in too many low tier basers at the same time.

https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90113424
    Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
    (10 seconds later)
    rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
    P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Well considering most sqds are stacked right now. It would be a great idea to try and add 3/4 players who are not the best/new to basing in tw into each sqds rosters you don't have to roster them to your TWL roster. Just let them be active in twd at the very least. Seems there is a decent amount of players who show interest in basing, they just can't find a home and lose interest, constantly being benched or never borrowed and eventually lose interest completely. You can't expect them to all go to one squad full of newbs and vs a full line of stacked players, it will just be a bad lopsided game. Not sure what's so complicated about that. Use them as filler players instead of borrowing so much.
      Last edited by olde; 02-01-2021, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by olde View Post
        Well considering most sqds are stacked right now. It would be a great idea to try and add 3/4 players who are not the best/new to basing in tw into each sqds rosters you don't have to roster them to your TWL roster. Just let them be active in twd at the very least. Seems there is a decent amount of players who show interest in basing, they just can't find a home and lose interest, constantly being benched or never borrowed and eventually lose interest completely. You can't expect them to all go to one squad full of newbs and vs a full line of stacked players, it will just be a bad lopsided game. Not sure what's so complicated about that. Use them as filler players instead of borrowing so much.
        I agree, that's what I asked for about two weeks ago when we decided to remove juice from TWL contention. The idea was to have the other squads evenly absorb the interested basers into their TWD roster. But it was ignored, I mean, the general psychological state of the players now is pretty pathetic, even today Strike ( EDIT STRIKE, I wrote Silence, mb ) and Pandora were issuing out !challengeall! TWBD games and immediately withdrawing their juice challenge - so we would not be able to accept.

Not really gonna speak on it anymore, just for grown men, y'all pretty deplorable. Truly, love y'all tho.
        1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

As relative newcomer here as well, but not to subspace overall ( i have around 30k usage in EG, but not more than 500h of it in TW), I have to agree that what makes games most fun are more or less balanced teams. Some great players on your team can elevate your own game as well, while getting completely owned will demoralize you.
          As an Euro, i have had pretty hard time actually getting into basing matches and experience as well due to that. Every now and then I notice a situation in game, where I do something stupid, but mainly because this situation has not really happened to me before (for example blocking path of mines for sharks to rep, deattaching too fast next to mine etc). Those things you can only learn by experiencing them, but there are really not that many basing games held during euro times, a few which are, already quite late (midnight to 1am). Situation is different a bit now, when squads prepare for twl and I am luckily on an active one, but before only jds and dds were played. Which are fun, but as an EGr my heart is still in basing. But it was far worse before during summer and autumn. I log on pretty much on daily bases and there were periods of 2-3 weeks, when no basing matches were held during euro times and most i could do was just play in elim.

As for bringing new players to the zone, i think draft league is the best solution for that and it has worked as well. As long as you keep it balanced, it will give the newbies worth it plenty of chances to play. Most of good basing matches i have had have been in the last 2 draft leagues ive played.

I was squadleader in EG for longest time as well and my focus was always on bringing up new players. In EG, it was common for top elite squad to have also so-called training squad, which shared chat and which players were also used in squadmatches if needed (sort of borrowing system). I think majority of EG vets at some point of their time went through some of the training squads. Just playing with top players gives alot more than sitting in spec and watching. A few of those training squads even became competitive squads on their own in later phases.

As for vets in TW, there are plenty of nice people and then there are also complete touchebags, who take every death personally and start on some weird hunting/trashing thing. As i have grown a really thick skin with all the years in EG, i do not care, but it is still hilarious to watch the reactions.

Oh and thanks for the great guides Ogron and a2m, read them all a few times and there are many useful tips there.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeRomeno View Post
            As relative newcomer here as well, but not to subspace overall ( i have around 30k usage in EG, but not more than 500h of it in TW), I have to agree that what makes games most fun are more or less balanced teams. Some great players on your team can elevate your own game as well, while getting completely owned will demoralize you.
            As an Euro, i have had pretty hard time actually getting into basing matches and experience as well due to that. Every now and then I notice a situation in game, where I do something stupid, but mainly because this situation has not really happened to me before (for example blocking path of mines for sharks to rep, deattaching too fast next to mine etc). Those things you can only learn by experiencing them, but there are really not that many basing games held during euro times, a few which are, already quite late (midnight to 1am). Situation is different a bit now, when squads prepare for twl and I am luckily on an active one, but before only jds and dds were played. Which are fun, but as an EGr my heart is still in basing. But it was far worse before during summer and autumn. I log on pretty much on daily bases and there were periods of 2-3 weeks, when no basing matches were held during euro times and most i could do was just play in elim.

As for bringing new players to the zone, i think draft league is the best solution for that and it has worked as well. As long as you keep it balanced, it will give the newbies worth it plenty of chances to play. Most of good basing matches i have had have been in the last 2 draft leagues ive played.

I was squadleader in EG for longest time as well and my focus was always on bringing up new players. In EG, it was common for top elite squad to have also so-called training squad, which shared chat and which players were also used in squadmatches if needed (sort of borrowing system). I think majority of EG vets at some point of their time went through some of the training squads. Just playing with top players gives alot more than sitting in spec and watching. A few of those training squads even became competitive squads on their own in later phases.

As for vets in TW, there are plenty of nice people and then there are also complete touchebags, who take every death personally and start on some weird hunting/trashing thing. As i have grown a really thick skin with all the years in EG, i do not care, but it is still hilarious to watch the reactions.

Oh and thanks for the great guides Ogron and a2m, read them all a few times and there are many useful tips there.

Hey,

The farm squad has always been a really nice concept. You'd see that a long time ago in SVS, where you had AML, IML and Pro League and Pro League squads would have their "baby players" start in AML and overtime the squad was good enough and invited to IML and eventually some of those players were accepted into the mother / Pro League variant.

But even now the population in Trench Wars might be a tad too small for that, or way too small actually. But good points and thank you for sharing your experience, it's so beneficial to hear from an outsider who is experiencing the game and community for the first time.

And yes, balance is key, to enjoyability first and foremost and the best way to have players experience unique situations as you shared with us, is for them to actually experience it - and the best route for that to occur in conjunction with learning is not to be on a squad full of players of their same skill level or game awareness, but by being the dumbest person in the room; in essence having the opportunity to play with players whom are elevated on the experience and skill hierarchy.

But, yes and yea we had a HUGE euro crowd way back in the day, back when I started in like 2003, actually I'd want to say most basing games were actually during euro timeframes.
            1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

LeeRomeno We did have farm squads back in the day, I was on a few of them and even capped some. In order for this to actually work there needs to be 2, so they have someone to play against without getting completely wrecked. It would be great if a bunch of us could get together to try to organize this as a group sometime after TWL.

For the record, we all started out as that dumb noob detaching into mines . EVERYONE has done it at least once. Anyone tells you otherwise is just letting their ego talk.
              Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
              (10 seconds later)
              rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
              P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Working...
              X