Howard Cossell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mattey
    This "paragraph" sums up your stupidity quite well.

Ok? Except this thread isnt about me.
    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

I would be interested if it was the great Harry Carey announcing the games.
      RaCka> how can i get you here
      death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
      RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
      death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by death row
        I would be interested if it was the great Harry Carey announcing the games.
        Amen to that.

I'm sure he is in heaven, drinking it up and singing 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame' in spirit for every Cubs game...

Comment

or he could be in heaven having sex with all the hot dead women throughout history and be like "baseball sucks"

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
            or he could be in heaven having sex with all the hot dead women throughout history and be like "baseball sucks"
            Sex, while on heroin, watching the Cubs win the world series, singing take me out to the ball game... are you happy now?

Comment

not particularly

Comment

mmmmm... sex with dead chicks on heroin
                http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

I agree and disagree on a few things:

- Yeah, the massive block of text he produces during a match can not only be distracting, but overwhelming. I only catch maybe 1 out of every 10 comments he makes.

- The comments he makes are descriptive, interesting, and at times humorous. He commentates like a commentator typically would.

Therefore I think a perfect medium to be used would be to somehow record the games and commentate over them, as stated above. That way, people that wanted to watch the game with commentary would be able to. It's a fun new thing to test out.

Also, Howard, I believe Kolar has the software/knowhow to get you set on the right path towards finding the right tools for recording the video. He would be the one to speak to.
                  PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Alternatively he could just type everything in a special chat, i.e. ?chat=commentary

-Epi
                    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                    www.animeslice.com

Comment

Good idea, Epi.

**butt pat**
                      PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

A good idea, but not nearly as cool as recording it so it can be watched later, which would be really great for the people who are in the game.
                        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl Jam
                          Good idea, Epi.

**butt pat**
                          LOL that butt pat thing cracks me up for some reason

Comment

It depends on how 'colorful' the commentary really is.....I remember a story about a lazy, late summer AL baseball game years ago. The game was in the later innings and the camera man was panning around the stands. He came back to the same couple 2-3 times and the announcer finally said, "ah, look at that...he is kissing her on the strikes, and she is kissing him on the balls".

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl Jam
                              Also, Howard, I believe Kolar has the software/knowhow to get you set on the right path towards finding the right tools for recording the video. He would be the one to speak to.
                              You are the most useful person to post here yet, thank you, Pearl Jam.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral
                                It depends on how 'colorful' the commentary really is.....I remember a story about a lazy, late summer AL baseball game years ago. The game was in the later innings and the camera man was panning around the stands. He came back to the same couple 2-3 times and the announcer finally said, "ah, look at that...he is kissing her on the strikes, and she is kissing him on the balls".
                                It's hard to make colorful commentary like that when you have to be typing straight through. Especially since there are no balls in the game save what the players exhibit in their basing manuevers.

Comment

Working...
                                X