Ladder Balancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladder Balancing

I think that, in an effort to help balance out squad standings in the ladders for the coming season, certain games must be enforced within the top 15, or at least top 5 squads in the ladders, on the weekends, for instance. I believe that squads that hold a position such as 1st or 2nd or 3rd on the ladder, have a responsibility to give other squads the opportunity to revoke it from them through competition.

So 1st place would have to have one or two games against 2nd and 3rd place, 2nd place 1st and 3rd, 3rd against 2nd and 4th, etc.

That way, certain squads which avoid others in an attempt to weasel into a league spot could be more evenly redistributed in a periodic manner (every 3 days maybe, if not weekends).
    Awesome> i'm 20.. and definately bigger than you... where do you live, if i ever take a vacation there i'll come beat you up 7:Ripper> hahah
    7:destroy> he'll come to smash you with his keyboard
    7:death row> lol keyboard. must be thug =(((
    7:LofTy> Rofl Drow

Sika> 5:Rich> i went bowling with lofty irl

death row> just throw in a disclaimer: drunk lofty, cannot be responsible for drunk lofty's opinion.

okay

okay

Comment

or just make sure that the "top" squads on ladder have to play last seasons "top" squads (if they are left)..

i havent looked at the current ladder so i dont know which squads are where, but lets say it looks like this:

BoZ
      Warpath
      Mystery
      Pallies

3 top squads suck, but are there due to playing exclusively newb squads, so ahaving them "play" eachother wouldnt make much of a difference, or show "true skill", but make them play a squad like pallies, (ok just an example) whom actually can play the gray ship, and shit might change.

just an idea.
      Displaced> I get pussy every day
      Displaced> I'm rich
      Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
      Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
      Thors> prolly
      Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

100% completely disagree

TWD is a challenge anyone/anytime league, it's fine the way it is.

using it as a twl qualifier on the other hand, is not the best way of picking twl teams in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
          100% completely disagree

using it as a twl qualifier on the other hand, is not the best way of picking twl teams in my opinion.
          :up:
          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
          5: Da1andonly> =((
          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Lofty
            I think that, in an effort to help balance out squad standings in the ladders for the coming season, certain games must be enforced within the top 15, or at least top 5 squads in the ladders, on the weekends, for instance. I believe that squads that hold a position such as 1st or 2nd or 3rd on the ladder, have a responsibility to give other squads the opportunity to revoke it from them through competition.

So 1st place would have to have one or two games against 2nd and 3rd place, 2nd place 1st and 3rd, 3rd against 2nd and 4th, etc.

That way, certain squads which avoid others in an attempt to weasel into a league spot could be more evenly redistributed in a periodic manner (every 3 days maybe, if not weekends).
            I got 2 words for you "Marshmellow Marines"
            Under <ZH>> pred i want to taste your man juice!!!
            Originally posted by Cig Smoke
            Pred > JRA > the rest of u

Comment

I dont really see whats the problem, just enforce a rule so that squads cant avoid playing good squads.

As for mystery we are much active I think and we play all squads, I dont feel like we should play even more just because other squads are lacking activity. So I wouldnt put pressure on my people to play weekends extra.
              .: ExquisiteHosting.com
              .: Website, Reseller & A. Hosting

Roxy :
              zzz

Comment

Originally posted by Nasir
                I dont really see whats the problem, just enforce a rule so that squads cant avoid playing good squads.

As for mystery we are much active I think and we play all squads, I dont feel like we should play even more just because other squads are lacking activity. So I wouldnt put pressure on my people to play weekends extra.
                Myst is doing an awesome job :P big ups for you guys :up:
                Under <ZH>> pred i want to taste your man juice!!!
                Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                Pred > JRA > the rest of u

Comment

Originally posted by Displaced
                  lets say it looks like this:

BoZ
                  Warpath
                  Mystery
                  Pallies

3 top squads suck, but are there due to playing exclusively newb squads, so ahaving them "play" eachother wouldnt make much of a difference....

just an idea.
                  Not true.. ladder would ballance in 2 weeks - 1st week mystery loose v pallies thus pallies may go up an 2nd week warpath and BoZ will loose to pallies (ehm.. in case that pallies can manage to win of course )
                  Plutarch: "To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult."

Comment

Don't change anything. If a squad wants to ease their way into TWL by playing weak squads and then sitting on a decent amount of points, then that is their perogotive. They'll just be slaughtered come TWL anyway.
                    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

I disagree, Fit. That was the principle used last season, and it led to Elenya entering TWL and then dissolving and starting a downward spiral of retarded bullshit.
                      Originally posted by Ward
                      OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
                        100% completely disagree

I agree here. I dont think u can force any squad to play certain ppl simply bc of the time zone factor. I mean its hard enough to play certain squads that are IN ur time zone lettalone across the ocean. i dont see this really helping alot anyway. It would just take a few games during the week to get those points back. This is what we asked for when we reset the ladders.

And i dont know where u come from Lofty, i know rusher a few times have avoided games vs dice and other top javing squads to go and accept menasor or someone like that. Fix ur own squad b4 u come here trying to fix others.
                        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Who wouldnt avoid Dice? Fuck off Cig Smoke.
                          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

3 out of 4 replies to cig smoke says "fuck you cig smoke" :gap:
                            8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                            8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                            8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                            8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                            8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                            8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Dice = cheaters. Do I need to type 'Fuck off Cig Smoke' too?
                              megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                              L K> taught u what?
                              megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                              9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                              9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Working...
                              X