Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

This is just an innocent question, and I'm not attacking any squads in particular: Why again do squads get an automatic invite (without breaking one of the rules) if they made it to playoffs the season before? Perhaps you guys can enlighten me.

I think they should get it baring they stay active and keep most of there roster. Its a prize for making the playoffs.
    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

I think it's just a way of promoting stability from season to season. If a squad can stick together for an entire season, as well as make it to the playoffs, they've done a fine job of helping the league to remain solid. Inviting them back next year is just saying, "Hey, good job dudes. Let's do that again."
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

why should they have to requalify?

Comment

I think only the champions and runner ups should get in, everyone else is a free for all
          Originally posted by Tone
          Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
            I think it's just a way of promoting stability from season to season. If a squad can stick together for an entire season, as well as make it to the playoffs, they've done a fine job of helping the league to remain solid. Inviting them back next year is just saying, "Hey, good job dudes. Let's do that again."
            Ya but the recent trend seems to be that a team gets to playoffs (lets call them disoblige or pallies) Then they are auto-qualify so they go MIA for about 4 months and then return about a month b4 next season. Now that part is all fine and dandy, but the problem comes when there performance is worst bc they are rusty, cant get it back, or some other reasons. I still think they should be auto-qualified, but there should be some types of rules where a squad has to be so active in that league.
            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
              why should they have to requalify?
              do teams in pro sports make the playoffs automatically the next year?

no..things change..

it's a different season and new squads emerge. players leave the old playoff team...retire or different squad...they pick up new players...are the players as good as the ones they lost? in most cases probably not thus they should have to requalify
              violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
              [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

I agree Cig Smoke. If automatic requalification were to be made conditional based upon TWD activity between seasons, maybe my fucking squad would play some matches for once.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

1) Squad stability (as Jason mentioned)
                  2) Squad stabilty for reasons that Jason hasn't mentioned. Because Pallies/Diso/tons of other squads HAVE qualified, there's that much more reason for those squads to not fall apart. They don't have to worry about qualifying again, and so their members can remain happy and stay on their squad knowing they don't have to play 24/7 to ensure a spot, thus allowing that squad a well-deserved rest without huge consequinces (their competitiveness next season not withstanding, although anyone can tell you it takes a few games to get back into shape anyway).

It also promotes squad stability because people like to join TWL squads, so it's easier for them to recruit. Since they have proven they have what it takes to stay together and not fall apart (leadership, team cohesiveness) then it's a pretty good bet (compared to random TWD squad) that if they play in the league for another season, they will yet again stick together.

-Epi
                  Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                  www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                  www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by pascone

no..things change..

it's a different season and new squads emerge. players leave the old playoff team...retire or different squad...they pick up new players...are the players as good as the ones they lost? in most cases probably not thus they should have to requalify
                    Twl squads don't automatically make the playoffs either.

It's more like the previous twl squads are the pro sports team, and the new ones from twd are expansion teams. Like the Washington Nationals.

Comment

It's a good thing they auto-qualify, I think, but it's kind of messy to see at what spot you need to be in a ladder to qualify for new squads.

One day eight place is good enough to qualify, the next a few playoff squads have lost a few games and you need to be in fifth place in order to qualify.

Ok so it's not a big problem but maybe TWL squads should be removed from the TWD ladder already before the season itself starts (a week before qualifying ends or so)??
                      5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                      5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                      5: Da1andonly> =((
                      5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                      5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                      5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

twl is sorta like playoffs already...gotta qualify for them.

playoffs for twl are like playoffs in the playoffs!
                        violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                        [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by pascone

no..things change..
                          Do teams in twl make the playoffs automatically the next season?

what are you talking about?

and Cig smoke, what trend are you talking about? how many squads auto-qualified last season and then played poorly? Disoblige didn't do as well as the previous season, pallies did better than the previous season. You probably need more data to define a trend. but both teams did a fine job of competing.
                          http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

i sorta see twl as almost a playoffs in itself

you have to qualify to twl through a regular season of twd sorta.

then to make twl playoffs (unrelated in my point) you have to do well in twl

my point is that pro teams don't make the playoffs (twl in this situation - not twl playoffs) if they had a good previous season

Comment

they don't have to go back to the minors either, do they?
                              http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Working...
                              X