Twl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downdraft
    Basing squads cry when dueling squads find their way in twlb.

Now the dueling leagues have basers in it.

So think before u talk: your in twld and because u want to play it, dueling squads have the exact same right to be in twlb and play it too.
    Who the heck cries? You overexaggerate it. No baser cried when Rampage wanted to play or when any other so called dueling squad wants to join TWLB. Wth are you talking about? Anyways ... if all you duelers had a problem with TWLB being decided as 14 teams, you should have voiced a bigger opinion (especially if you planned on getting into basing). Too little too late. And yes, I know some of you duelers wanted 16 teams for TWLB, but the fact is that TWL ops already made the decision long ago and from what I can tell, more ppl want 14 teams AND from what I can tell, this decision was based on how well last yr's TWLB went.

The fact is that it's already been decided that 14 teams will be playing in TWLB. Why complain now when you had ample time to complain before? The decision was made, simple as that.

Note: You could have also asked for dueling to be 14 teams. Yet I saw no big movement to push for such a change.
    Last edited by Sufficient; 01-16-2005, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Torn Wing
      And The way I hear Rejected Basers keeps arguing with eachother, Ekko will leave atleast twice this season, and RB could very well fall apart.
      WTF.... dont trash talk us just cuz you didnt get in. <_<
      RB is gonna stay alive buddy. geez.
      AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
        Interesting note:

Spastic beat Syndicate 15:00-00:38 last season. Syndicate played a real lineup and actually tried that game (I played in it I know). Yet Syndicate still finished top 7 in the league, and top 4 in terms of playoff qualification. Do you guys really want a 6-team TWLB or something?

The fact is the best teams will always blow out even the medium teams. Letting more people play is fun, so why not let it? Basers were vying for the dueling/jav leagues and some got in. Duelers wanted in the basing leagues. What's so wrong about giving everyone a chance?
        If you decided to make it a 16 squad league, atm that would mean accepting Sk8 and TeKs into TWLB. I do feel that we deserve a spot in LB, we worked hard recruiting basers and prac. We do not stand a chance at top 5, but im pretty sure we would deliver atleast on upset. TeKs would get slaughtered, but its still a good thing for progression in TW to let the up and comming players play.

Look at LD, its the shittiest lineup in the history of TrenchWars, but its good for the spirit and future of TW and will probably make LD more competitive in the seasons to come.
        :wub: GammaHydroxyButyrate :wub:

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila
          HAHAHAHAHAHA, you just answered basers's questions. We don't want to face some duelling squad and go 15-0, thats a waste of our time and waste of your time.
          and playing a basing squad in ld and winning 50-15 with a backup line is really on the top of my list of priorities too. starting to see the irony yet?

and i do agree you can learn from going 0-10. the more people who play twl, the more who are exposed to it and will have a thirst for it in the following seasons.

if rb goes 0-10 in ld, or sk8 goes 0-10 in lb, no, their squad probably won't get better for next season. but their individual players might. maybe they stay on that squad or maybe they don't. but i think we should be promoting twl to newer players.
          Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
          Philos> there is something about you
          Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Neth's statement doesn't reflect all basers Rand. But how do you reply to what I said before?

Comment

Plus i think overall the dueling squads do alot better in LB then basing squads do in LJ/LD. Look @ the dueling squads in LB this season. Venom/-f-/dice/pirates/anc. 3 of them (dice/venom/-f-) should do very well and ppl are predicting them to do very well. Pirates wont do great but shouldnt do horrible. Anc wont do shit, but saying dueling squads will lose 15-0 is 100% not true. Where as the basing squads in the dueling leagues will probably lose with a big +/-.
              _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Nosey
                this season is gonna be a little dull in the LJ AND LD divisions.. there aren't no super squads vying for the championship... theres just the good, and the bad
                Shouldnt this make it really interesting?

Comment

well the problem is there were no dueling squads left to fill 16 teams (I mean, gantz got in) so a basing squad just made a shot.

as where in twlb sk8 is obviously more of a basing squad than ancs.

oh btw cig, I think dice will do better in LB than LJ meaning they're more of a basing squad really. I bet half of your roster does consitst of basers.
                  Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldo
                    Shouldnt this make it really interesting?
                    It will, there should be closer matches. Some people are just too hung up about there not being any ridiculously awesome squads with the three awesome wbs that start with the letter B, and that not everyone that has played that was awesome is going to be playing this season. I don't think TWLD and TWLJ will be lacking much excitement whatsoever actually, but I doubt it will the be most exciting one yet.

Comment

Dice cant be classified as a dueling squad because they are only in 1 dueling league. They can be classified as a basing squad who got into javelin league now (Edit: Cyrus beat me to this comment) Venom is all 3 leagues. same with -f-.

And btw cig, you shouldn't make predictions about my squad if you dont know much information about it. Wait till leagues, we could be a surprise.

And rand is correct, we are trying to build a backbone for future players. Trench Wars is dying, why have the same players only get to play TWL? All the spastic players who deny this because of lack ofcompetition are just ignorant and selfish. Think about the long road ahead of us.
                      I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

wtf, basers duelers? aren't we all trench wars players? stfu and stop whining about basers and duelers in other leagues, it's simply retarded. sTFU.
                        There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient
                          Who the heck cries? You overexaggerate it. No baser cried when Rampage wanted to play or when any other so called dueling squad wants to join TWLB. Wth are you talking about? Anyways ... if all you duelers had a problem with TWLB being decided as 14 teams, you should have voiced a bigger opinion (especially if you planned on getting into basing). Too little too late. And yes, I know some of you duelers wanted 16 teams for TWLB, but the fact is that TWL ops already made the decision long ago and from what I can tell, more ppl want 14 teams AND from what I can tell, this decision was based on how well last yr's TWLB went.

The fact is that it's already been decided that 14 teams will be playing in TWLB. Why complain now when you had ample time to complain before? The decision was made, simple as that.

Note: You could have also asked for dueling to be 14 teams. Yet I saw no big movement to push for such a change.
                          hi, there has been a BIG movement for 16 squads in twlb for a LONG time. you are playing the ignorance is bliss card. the twl op (what squad is he on again, yours?), did nothing except say "hey, we are using the same rules as last season" (a summer league, NOT a winter league).

if one basing squad does as well in twld as rampage did in twlb then you will have a point. rampage had a solid basing line full of players who were more than competant at more than 1 league. most of these pure basing squads have guys who can play spider, and thus warbird?
                          Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                          Philos> there is something about you
                          Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

syne, gantz, warpath, heavy, rejected basers...

is it just me or did twld fall off in comparison to past seasons

(best of luck to those squads, dont dissolve etc.)

Comment

On a side note, Aura pmed pegasis to dissolve gantz and join them for twld. I didn't come here to argue about who deserves to be in twld or not. But. You guys seriously are not the fairest squad of them all and I won't lose any sleep knowing we took your place.

Comment

syne didnt feed gantz, we were just being idiotes right before the 10 oclock lock because people wanted to squeeze in a dd. God that scared me when we lost but it worked out hehehehe we had a bad line in thats all
                                Rigor> mastersword im thinking u, me and a bottle of crisco baby
                                Mastersword> ROFL
                                Mastersword> really?

(TWDBot)>Your squad rating has just changed from 813 to 813, after losing the Javelin match vs dicE. You are #34 in TWJD - For detailed info go to

#21 - Don't forget

Comment

Working...
                                X