This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL - Preseason week 2!

As you might all know, TWL preason week 1 was run this weekend. There were some bot crashes, and because the bot for TWL season 7 was used, some things didn't reflect with season 8 rules.

Bot
    As we speak, there is being worked hard on the new TWL bot. The new bot will be based on Matchbot, what is a stable bot used in TWD for years.
    We expect the bot first delivery on wednesday. After that there will be some testing, and if all goes well Preseason week 2 will start the upcoming weekend. We will have the schedule up in a day.

However, in case the bot wouldn't be ready, TWL ops are in doubt to let preseason week 2 be run the next weekend. In our view, the bot should have atleast one real stress test before we start with the real deal. This is positive for the captains, referees and players to get adjusted to the bot and its commands.
    Question for you is, if the bot doesn't make it in time, would you rather see a preaseason game with old bots next weekend (then next week a week 3 with new bot), or put a gap between the schedule, and next week start with preseason week 2?

Discuss!
    Greets,
    Roger

if you are going to use the new bots might as well have another week of preseason
    violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
    [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

if the bots arent ready, doesnt matter what we choose, there will be a preseason week 3, so might as well do another preseason next week with the old bots, having a gap in between feels weird.
      1 + 1 = 1

Comment

because its just preseason i think it would be fine to have another week with twl 7 bots, but then use new bots after
        Gun remembers.

Comment

Speaking on behalf of Disoblige-- We think it's pretty stupid to play a week of preseason with bots that won't even be used for the upcoming season. Frankly, I would create the gap between test weeks.

All this is assuming the bots aren't ready-- if they are, by all means let's schedule preseason week 2 this weekend so we can get this mother on the road.
          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Speaking on behalf of Vykromond-- If the bots aren't ready, just let us have another week with the old ones and then have a preseaseon week 3 with the new ones. More games = more fun.

You're not actually counting these preseason games for anything, right? Like seeding or something?
            Originally posted by Ward
            OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

No.

(yes it really is a link)
              5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
              5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
              5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

I am willing to wait for the new bots.
                But I am sure most ppl will rather play "more" games....
                who knows... will be a good poll wouldnt you think Rodge?
                AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

have 3 weeks of preseasons then

Comment

Skip next week if the bots aren't ready.
                    sdg

Comment

Play it out, it'll give captains an extra week of testing lineups etc...

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
                      Asia Minor> maybe not
                      Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
                      bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
                      bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
                      bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
                      bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

Lets just hope the bots are made on time which they should be. They should of been made for this week....

IF they arent tho give us an extra pre-season week (meaning 3 weeks of preseason) Its more fun that way bc its more games and they are usualy more competative. Plus like hellz said u can experiment with lineups/ships and stuff.
                        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

no reason not to play games, it's fun and good practice for the squads playing. Even if it doesn't really serve much of a purpose in terms of testing the bots. But really try to get the bots down to be tested by this weekend.

Comment

Definately another week, why the hell not? at least for basing shit will be the same, pretty much.
                            What maneuver could possibly be smoover?

Comment

More games = more fun
                              No TWL = boring
                              I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

Working...
                              X