No announcement yet.

Bot Guide (a MUST for (ass) Captains!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bot Guide (a MUST for (ass) Captains!)

Guide in development!

Captains and Players,

Below you will find some basic information regarding the TWL Season 8 bot.
    As announced before the TWL season 8 bot is based on the TWD matchbot, a bot that has ran stably for many years.

If there are any questions about the bot, feel free to ask below. TW(L) Staff will reply as soon as possible.

-----------------

- Once the game is announced, through a zone message, players will have a period of time to enter the arena.

- After the referee welcomes you all to the specific arena, the referee will start the picking process, and if needed will display some basic information.
    Captains, you have 5 minutes to set up your lineup correctly
    NOTICE: 5 minutes remaining.

- The (assistant) captain(s) now can !add players within the allotted 5 minutes. This will be the original line up that is noted down by the referee. Although !add will still function after the 5 minutes, its use will not be allowed.

- The referee will now take approximately 3 to check the lineup (if needed), and writes the line up down for reference.

- A (assistant) Captain may pm the bot with !ready to acknowledge their team is ready. Once both teams have pmed the bot with !ready, the referee will start the game! (this is different then TWD).

- A (assistant) Captain may pm the bot with !blueout. This will enable a total blueout (at this time.) This will be changed during the season to a spectator only blueout, as defined in the TWL rules for this season.

- During the game, the (assistant) captain can use the bot the same as TWD (!add, !switch, !sub and !change). Please note that !adding after 2 minutes of game time is illegal!.

- The game will end after one team is eliminated, or the target time is reached. A statistics page will be shown.
    Last edited by Rodge_Rabbit; 02-09-2005, 08:16 PM.
    Greets,
    Roger

Originally posted by Rodge_Rabbit
    Guide in development!

Captains and Players,

Below you will find some basic information regarding the TWL Season 8 bot.
    As announced before the TWL season 8 bot is based on the TWD matchbot, a bot that has ran stably for many years.

If there are any questions about the bot, feel free to ask below. TW(L) Staff will reply as soon as possible.

-----------------

- Once the game is announced, through a zone message, players will have a period of time to enter the arena.

- After the referee welcomes you all to the specific arena, the referee will start the picking process, and if needed will display some basic information.
    Captains, you have 5 minutes to set up your lineup correctly
    NOTICE: 5 minutes remaining.

- The (assistant) captain(s) now can !add players within the allotted 5 minutes. This will be the original line up that is noted down by the referee. Although !add will still function after the 5 minutes, its use will not be allowed.

- The referee will now take approximately 3 to check the lineup (if needed), and writes the line up down for reference.

- A (assistant) Captain may pm the bot with !ready to acknowledge their team is ready. Once both teams have pmed the bot with !ready, the referee will start the game! (this is different then TWD).

- A (assistant) Captain may pm the bot with !blueout. This will enable a total blueout (at this time.) This will be changed during the season to a spectator only blueout, as defined in the TWL rules for this season.

- During the game, the (assistant) captain can use the bot the same as TWD (!add, !switch, !sub and !change). Please note that !adding after 2 minutes of game time is illegal!.

- The game will end after one team is eliminated, or the target time is reached. A statistics page will be shown.

whats the difference?
    Last edited by Rodge_Rabbit; 02-09-2005, 08:17 PM.
    TWLD Champion 2014
    TWDTB Champion 2013
    TWDTB Champion 2016
    TWDTB Champion 2017
    TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
    -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Originally posted by PrOnEsSim
      whats the difference?
      here.

v

^

Thats different.

AND for TWD, you dont get real referees :P
      AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Originally posted by AcidBomber
        here.

v

^

Thats different.

AND for TWD, you dont get real referees :P
        Thats nto special
        TWLD Champion 2014
        TWDTB Champion 2013
        TWDTB Champion 2016
        TWDTB Champion 2017
        TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
        -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Originally posted by PrOnEsSim
          whats the difference?
          difference is:

instead of telling the ref your lineup, asscaps and caps can add it by themselves

rodge, 5 mins? make it 10 for LBs :P
          1 + 1 = 1

Comment

- The (assistant) captain(s) now can !add players within the allotted 5 minutes. This will be the original line up that is noted down by the referee.
            I didn't understand this. Are you saying once we add the 5 players we can't change our mind and remove and add different players before we !ready? Like if someone shows up late but before we've !readied, we can't remove someone and put him in instead, but we'd have to sub him in at the start of the game?

Although !add will still function after the 5 minutes, its use will not be allowed.
            What? I assume this is meant to deal with if you don't put 5 people in you just have to play with who you have. But below you say that you can !add people up to the first 2 mins of game time. Which would mean !add is allowed up to 7 minutes.

Comment

Hey sleepy,

Let me try to explain.
              There are basically 3 stages: Squad adding time, referee time, game time.

Squad lasts 5 full minutes. You have in that time to make your line up that you will start with. Within those 5 minutes, you can !add and !remove players if you please. So if a person shows up 3 minutes later (but still IN those 5 minutes) you can add them in.

Next stage is referee time. Technically the bot still accepts the !add and !remove, but may NOT be done! This time is only for the referee to check some basic things.

Game Time! The game is started and under way, and you may !add in the first 2 minutes of this stage as needed. After that, no !add is allowed.
              Greets,
              Roger

Comment

And yes, i can understand 5 minutes can be a little short for TWLB. I will make it 7 minutes for TWLB!
                Greets,
                Roger

Comment

How are you going to enforce adding on referee time? Having the squad forfeit the match?
                  6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                  3 league vet

Comment

Referees are allowed to restore the original line up as ended on the 5 minutes.

If the (ass) captains continue to disobey, the TWL rules kick in. Heres a copy of the rules that apply.:

1.01 When in any Trench Wars League arena during an official game, you must obey and respect the attending game referee and League Operators.

1.03 Deliberate attempts to disrupt game play may result in that player being silenced or kicked from the arena by the referee. As well, the player will be reported to the League Operators who may take further action (see rule 1.07).

1.07 Any excessive abuse of the League Conduct Rules during a match will result in a two-week suspension from league play. Repeat game conduct offenses may result in a ban from Trench Wars League for as long as the League Operators feel is sufficient.
                    Greets,
                    Roger

Comment

Rodge

If this means I have to change my hosting macros, I'll personally slit your throat.

Much love though for your progress on TWL. :up:
                      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Macros? I type em all out (YEP I DO)
                        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                        Failure teaches success.

Comment

Working...
                        X