Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look back on Week 2

Dear TWL Players,

A little late for the look back, but better late then never! Reason we are late is a statistic problem and myself getting addicted by World of Warcraft (im trying to combine, but its so damn hard to resist!) Anyway, without further talk, lets get down to the real deal:

TWL Statistics:
    TWL still struggles with the TWL statistics. The new bot has problems converting all good to the TWL website, and this means a lot of research how, what and when to do things. This caused also trouble getting the schedule for Week 3 up. As you can see now, its up and negotiations will be running till friday 17 EST (22GMT).
    We continue to work hard on the statistics for the past weeks, but this can take a lot of time still.

Appeals: Denied
    TWL ops received four appeal emails, they all featured the complaint about the Sunday 13:00 matches. Complaint was that a router along the west coast caused massive lag to players, making the matches unbearable.
    TWL ops agreeed that this router didn't affect the major of the games, and enough players were on to replace. All matches are holding the same standings, and no replays will be granted.
    Also, in the TWLB game Pallies versus Sk8 the complaint was about a flag jupe (the flag not able to be changed for a certain amount of time). TWL Ops agreed that the outcome of the came can't be predicted if this didn't happen. The results will stay the same.

TWL Maps
    I will make the TWL Week 3 map package after this news post, and put it up. Be sure that Week 5 will be the last change updates for the maps. After that, no maps or changes will be accepted.
    After the negotiations is complete, the arena list for Week 3 will be posted.
    Greets,
    Roger

to tell us that not having banzi and weaver available due to lag in a 2 point loss to simulate seems a bit patronizing.

oh well.
    Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
    Philos> there is something about you
    Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Originally posted by Rodge_Rabbit
      TWL ops agreeed that this router didn't affect the major of the games, and enough players were on to replace.
      Enough players..... yeah sure, 5 peeps is enough for a basing match.... but seriously.... we played 8 vs 6 kinda all game, and you tell me we had enough people on to replace the laggers???

Even if we had enough it might not have changed the major of the game.... but still it kinda fucked up the whole match.
      TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
      TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
      TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
      First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Pjotter, notice the expression "the major of the games."

It is obvious the game will get affected if a starter can't play.
        6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
        3 league vet

Comment

If an unpredictable server crash, router failure, TWBot failure, or other event has a massive impact on a game in progress, the match will be cancelled and all current scores discarded. The game will then be replayed at a later time. (See Rules 4.02, 4.03 and 4.04)

Having the majority of your squad lagged calls for a massive impact. I totally disagree. But not like it matters.

Comment

How does a forced 6v8 in a basing match represent what Pirates are capable of? Truly. We aren't a squad that has activity problems, but it just so happens that on that day there was a massive lagout of westcoast players. Having Mambo beat us 15:00 to 0:13 does not represent well in the overall representation of TWL, and the TWLB ladder towards playoffs.
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.

Comment

Whats the point of having rules if nobody is going to follow them, not even the ops themselves. Are they just there to fill up space?
              I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

Why no subbing?

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
                  Truly. We aren't a squad that has activity problems,
                  I wouldn't mind if it got replayed, but showing 8 to a basing match could be considered as activity problems, since you'd have noone in spec to take care of subs/switches and shipchanges
                  Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

to be honest pirates...

i watched your whole game, and other then at one point u had 1 guy in spec.... u never had enuf to start the game the whole time...

lag issues dont hit till u try to play..........u never had enuf for that game that even showed up....
                    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosshawk
                      to be honest pirates...

i watched your whole game, and other then at one point u had 1 guy in spec.... u never had enuf to start the game the whole time...

lag issues dont hit till u try to play..........u never had enuf for that game that even showed up....
                      We had 8, but cus of router problems 2 couldn't play..... and let me state rule 4.01: If an unpredictable server crash, router failure, TWBot failure, or other event has a massive impact on a game in progress, the match will be cancelled and all current scores discarded. The game will then be replayed at a later time. (See Rules 4.02, 4.03 and 4.04)

So it's either host his fault or our fault for not telling the host to cancel the match..... Rules are rules, and i don't know whether the host should notice we lack players cause of router problem or whether squadcaps should inform the host that they can't get enough in cause of router problem.... The one way it should be replayed, the other it shouldn't be. Maybe define some rules a little better to not get any "whining" and other stuff about it.
                      TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                      TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                      TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                      First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Originally posted by Bosshawk
                        to be honest pirates...

Hercules and I sat in spec for the whole game. Maybe you should buy eyes before you start bullshitting.
                        6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                        3 league vet

Comment

Yea wtf, bosshawk, you come in here acting like you have a full grasp of our situation, only to alter to the truth against our favor. I believe the host at the time was Rodge_rabbit, and he can confirm that we had 8 players, and that 2 could not play from the very beginning.
                          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                          Failure teaches success.

Comment

then if the guy in spec was phrenitis it wasnt 100% because of the router.. hes not clearly from West Coast. He is what I could say a laggot from Finland I believe.
                            1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
                            1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
                            1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
                            1:Vitja> afk
                            1:Underground> haha vit
                            1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

Originally posted by Gash
                              If an unpredictable server crash, router failure, TWBot failure, or other event has a massive impact on a game in progress, the match will be cancelled and all current scores discarded. The game will then be replayed at a later time. (See Rules 4.02, 4.03 and 4.04)

Having the majority of your squad lagged calls for a massive impact. I totally disagree. But not like it matters.
                              That's the key there
                              Currently listening to:
                              Valient Thorr - Immortalizer
                              Dead to Me - Little Brother
                              Tim Barry - Manchester
                              Lemuria - Get Better
                              Alkaline Trio - Agony and Irony

Comment

Working...
                              X