Change the rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Violence

awesome im gonna have u banned, 2dragons is on my hockeyzone squad.
    omg the interweb gangster threatened u oMZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for this violence, you made my day OLL
    audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
    DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
    Azreal> LOloL
    cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

Originally posted by Violence
      awesome im gonna have u banned, 2dragons is on my hockeyzone squad.
      That makes me laugh since 2dragons is on awesomes twl-squad.....

Everyone saying head to head is better should think of the following situation...
      For example: pirates(or any other squad) is playing rusher(or an other squad) in lj....
      Somehow all pirates(or any other squad) first stringers cannot show and rusher has his best players online.....
      Rusher wins the game cause pirates had to put in a lot of bad javs and rusher played their best line.
      They end up tied in the end at 4th/5th place....
      Pirates has a way better +/- cause they never lost with a big margain and won with quite some big margains some games....
      Rusher has a worse +/- cause they lost big time to better squads and had a hard time vs the worse squads... BUt they beat pirates in a lucky game...

Does it make rusher the better squad cause they won that one weird game and thus are 'better'? OR.......

Imo pirates is the better squad cause they OVERALL did better, they OVERALL showed the better player and they OVERALL had better scores.....

Sure you can say It's their fault they didn't show the best players that game... but that works two ways, i could also say: It's your fault you didn't have a better showing OVERALL or better players in OVERALL....

And as far as the cross-conference games are concerned..... it's mostly divided like this: 1 top squad, 1 mediocre squad and 1 bad squad..... and if you disagreed with the cross-conference games you could have complained about them when they were made instead of bragging about some rulesat the end of the season CUS YOU MIGHT GET A DISADVANTAGE OF THEM WHEN PLAY-OFF SPOTS ARE DIVIDED....

Now go change the outside of base rule in jd's cus only 1 death should be added.... not 10....
      TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
      TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
      TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
      First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Originally posted by PjOtTeR
        That makes me laugh since 2dragons is on awesomes twl-squad.....

Everyone saying head to head is better should think of the following situation...
        For example: pirates(or any other squad) is playing rusher(or an other squad) in lj....
        Somehow all pirates(or any other squad) first stringers cannot show and rusher has his best players online.....
        Rusher wins the game cause pirates had to put in a lot of bad javs and rusher played their best line.
        They end up tied in the end at 4th/5th place....
        Pirates has a way better +/- cause they never lost with a big margain and won with quite some big margains some games....
        Rusher has a worse +/- cause they lost big time to better squads and had a hard time vs the worse squads... BUt they beat pirates in a lucky game...

Does it make rusher the better squad cause they won that one weird game and thus are 'better'? OR.......

Imo pirates is the better squad cause they OVERALL did better, they OVERALL showed the better player and they OVERALL had better scores.....

Sure you can say It's their fault they didn't show the best players that game... but that works two ways, i could also say: It's your fault you didn't have a better showing OVERALL or better players in OVERALL....

And as far as the cross-conference games are concerned..... it's mostly divided like this: 1 top squad, 1 mediocre squad and 1 bad squad..... and if you disagreed with the cross-conference games you could have complained about them when they were made instead of bragging about some rulesat the end of the season CUS YOU MIGHT GET A DISADVANTAGE OF THEM WHEN PLAY-OFF SPOTS ARE DIVIDED....

Now go change the outside of base rule in jd's cus only 1 death should be added.... not 10....

who shows up at games can be controlled.
        violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
        [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

I think pjotter got it.

Especially in this TWL where everything doesn't seem right, and that every squad has had their troubles showing their top lines to the games, I think that itself is enough to believe that +/- poses as the better system because it shows who can show the better lines throughout and perform to their potential. I mean it doesn't matter how many good players you got on your squad, if they don't show to your games to perform, how good can the squad be? You base the playoff entrance on game, where that ONE game itself can be favourable to one squad, in that one of the squads can show their best players while the other one cannot. That doesn't solely mean that the squad that won the head to head is the more capable squad against the other 7 teams that will be in the playoffs.
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by pascone
            who shows up at games can be controlled.
            Getting good +/- can be controlled aswell....
            READ MY ENTIRE POST MORON CAUSE I EXPLAINED IT THERE B4....
            TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
            TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
            TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
            First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

your post was stupid as all you did was say that the +/- is better.

if you rely on 5 players to play in twl then your squad has no depth. injuries happen in pro sports for example and they learn to get around them. look at the patriots...playing as a team instead of all star players all over there is more important.
              violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
              [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Kaos
                Meh who cares awes. Pirates gonna be in playoffs ne ways. Rapid mad cause they think it hurts their chances to get in. Yet they dont have a chance to get in anyways, how sad.
                yeah... obviously we're gonna get in easily... probably 1st in our conferences anyways. violence and the rest of the fags from rapid seem to think i was saying +/- is better because it's the only way we can get in or something. really i was just saying the system in general is better, and pjotter's example is the main reason why.
                Originally posted by pascone
                your post was stupid as all you did was say that the +/- is better.

if you rely on 5 players to play in twl then your squad has no depth. injuries happen in pro sports for example and they learn to get around them. look at the patriots...playing as a team instead of all star players all over there is more important.
                if you wanna talk about depth, then you might as well talk about +/- which shows an overall better squad, not just a squad which had 1 good game.
                Originally posted by cook
                omg the interweb gangster threatened u oMZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for this violence, you made my day OLL
                lol yeah, he's such a retard. even if violence had even the slightest bit of power in ss (which he doesnt) it wouldn't make any difference... i go on subspace like once or twice every 2 weeks... and that's just to say hi to people who're mostly on my MSN or AIM contact lists. try the stupid "fear me" act with someone in pub, violence...no one here takes it seriously

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
                  if you wanna talk about depth, then you might as well talk about +/- which shows an overall better squad, not just a squad which had 1 good game.
                  looks at the patriot +/- from like 03...it wasnt good yet they were the best

same with ohio st. in 02 i think

Comment

i'll say this for a 3rd time and then not again in this thread. TWL isn't a professional sport... it certainly isnt football, the two are completely different. also, i dont give a shit about football... i dont watch it, dont like it and dont give a rats ass who wins the superbowl or what american college had the best football record.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
                      i'll say this for a 3rd time and then not again in this thread. TWL isn't a professional sport... it certainly isnt football, the two are completely different. also, i dont give a shit about football... i dont watch it, dont like it and dont give a rats ass who wins the superbowl or what american college had the best football record.
                      Actually, three college football teams had the best record this year. USC, Auburn, and Utah all went undefeated. I knew you had to be lying about not caring about American football.
                      Umm, I think that was all the undefeated teams, right?
                      True quote from forums:
                      Originally posted by Erathia
                      and I agree with Abatis.
                      True quote from ?go base:
                      Spamon Xa> Abatis isn't bad

Comment

the only reason pirates got in playoffs last season was because their +/- was better than rapid's. Its strange that basically all the people who disagree with head2head are on pirates... probably a coincidence I guess.

Anyways, pjotter your argument doesn't really work because the same thing can be said for head2head. What if a normal squad plays and gets a couple forfeit wins or they get to play squads with 3 people in and go like 50-10, ending up in a huge boost of their +/-, and a squad that they lost against doesn't get those chance oppurtunities. And in the end theyre tied, guess who gets in? the worse squad. If you want to cut down on the element of "chance" use head to head, its far better.
                        I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

k. Kim, Pjotter, and awesome, listen to me you dorks.

I am saying this for 2 reasons:

1) rapid might get screwed by the rule again.
                          2) head to head is a better system for the current set up of twl.

I always thought depth is important in a squad, and if you rely on 5 player to perform in a certain league and 3 out of the 5 dont show, its your own fucking problem. Dont recruit people if they suck, or get your players to show up for games. if you have 10 good players that can all do well, showing ur best 5 wont matter that much.

You can say that using head to head means that one squad might get one lucky win and make it in over the "better" squad. If the so called better squad is so much better, why does the "lucky" squad that beat them have the same record?

Head to head is being used as a tiebreaker and therfore the excuse of a squad getting lucky isnt a valid reason because obviously they are just as good if they finish off with the same record.

Rapid beat simulate with 3 javelins that rarely ever play wb, but rapid might have ther best lineup and lose to -final-'s second string. IF you have depth then showing your best players wont be a big issue, and all good squads should have enough good players to show a decent line every week.

You know im right, so you bagel eaters on pirates, bow to me.

Comment

Dude its not going to change no matter how many threads you make.
                            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                            Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob (SRB)
                              the only reason pirates got in playoffs last season was because their +/- was better than rapid's. Its strange that basically all the people who disagree with head2head are on pirates... probably a coincidence I guess.
                              pure ignorance. we would've got in the playoffs last year no matter what system was used. so trying to say we're biased is just another way for you to try to push ahead your ridiculous argument. if the system was head 2 head last year, you would've got in ahead of grapevine, not us. so all you ... umm... pasta? eaters on rapid can stop trying to use that argument now
                              Last edited by Awesome; 04-20-2005, 07:32 PM.

Comment

i can understand your arguments violence, BUT, we are not goin to change the rules mid-near-end season. heh

if your squad is good enough, then you will make the playoff. What's the point of you making playoff anyways IF you had to argue your way in? heh
                                1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Working...
                                X