TWL Lag Limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da1andonly
    And if you really want to play against "lag", play against Cig Smoke in a bd where he sharks. I *lag him and notice a 30 ms ping, and yet he manages to eat 12 spid shots and then rep, continue x3.
    *lag doesnt tell you everything :turned:
    Original Mambonian
    TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
    I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

Define laglimits, some people lag like shit but got 3 times lower ping than I do, while I dont lag.
      Winner of TWDL Scrotals
      Winner of TWT Melee
      Winner of TWLD -FINAL-

Comment

Originally posted by Miku19
        Whining about a 120ms lag is totally outrageous. 120 isn't even jumpy, and it's pretty much close to the minimum euro players can get. It was pretty much the same when the yankees were playing on the Finnish server.

And btw, I know my aim doesn't adjust that much in 0,120 seconds, does yours?
        I agree, show me a consistent 120ms and I'll shut my mouth, but I have yet to see a consistent 120. What I see is people start at 120, then spike to 300+ and hit everything in between. Just because some of us "yankees" got away with this crap when the server was overseas doesn't make it right for you guys to use that as an excuse for you to do the same. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to fuck with you euros or anything because I don't think this situation is your fault at all. I blame the TWL ops for not growing balls and making sure that skill plays a bigger part than lag in the greatest show this game has to offer. But TWL ops growing balls seems to be a pipe dream.

EDIT: As far as defining lag limits, I'd much rather spiking be cracked down on than ping. A person with a consistent 200ms connection is a lot easier to do battle with than someone who spikes from, say, 100 to 300 uncontrollably. Also, I think packetloss limits do need to be cracked down on in a major way, but 0.2 is a bit extreme. 0.4 should be fine.
        Last edited by PH; 09-08-2005, 09:48 PM.
        Originally posted by Tone
        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
        Originally posted by the_paul
        Gargle battery acid fuckface
        Originally posted by Material Girl
        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Even Higher lag limits, will cause more lagouts, allot of lagouts on a team screws the TWL game. It's fine the way it is now, I dont remember having to play against real bad lag in TWL.
          Only the loyal count.

Comment

if you want all the bitching to end, play twl on a lan

otherwise

let's just say to hell with all of this and go have a beer
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PH
              I agree, show me a consistent 120ms and I'll shut my mouth, but I have yet to see a consistent 120. What I see is people start at 120, then spike to 300+ and hit everything in between. Just because some of us "yankees" got away with this crap when the server was overseas doesn't make it right for you guys to use that as an excuse for you to do the same. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to fuck with you euros or anything because I don't think this situation is your fault at all. I blame the TWL ops for not growing balls and making sure that skill plays a bigger part than lag in the greatest show this game has to offer. But TWL ops growing balls seems to be a pipe dream.

EDIT: As far as defining lag limits, I'd much rather spiking be cracked down on than ping. A person with a consistent 200ms connection is a lot easier to do battle with than someone who spikes from, say, 100 to 300 uncontrollably. Also, I think packetloss limits do need to be cracked down on in a major way, but 0.2 is a bit extreme. 0.4 should be fine.
              Just watch my lag now, it's the best you can get in Finland.

And from what I know, 1.0% packetloss isn't that big a problem to deal with. The only thing that should be strict is weapons packetloss.
              6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
              3 league vet

Comment

yea with those lag limits quicksand wouldnt be allowed to play im all for it

ps. vys got banned for distribuiting cheatengine how fishy eh?
                Rigor> mastersword im thinking u, me and a bottle of crisco baby
                Mastersword> ROFL
                Mastersword> really?

(TWDBot)>Your squad rating has just changed from 813 to 813, after losing the Javelin match vs dicE. You are #34 in TWJD - For detailed info go to

#21 - Don't forget

Comment

Originally posted by Da1andonly
                  I *lag him and notice a 30 ms ping, and yet he manages to eat 12 spid shots and then rep, continue x3.
                  Thats your lag.

Comment

Definately not in a shark. It's a rare occasion when I get to use all three reps before I die. They don't stop anything.
                    Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                    You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                    There wont be another election for president.
                    Obama is the Omega President.
                    http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Copy!?!
                      When was the last TWLB crown was won by lag?

Ow, Dice, hehe but that's not 'natural' lag.
                      hey copy dont be mad that we kicked your teams ass, only person who would have lagged in BD would be necro. Diso has 5-7 people each game that lag because of their location, damn you don't know shit
                      the price is right, bitch.

Comment

Either i am too new to this game or just wierd, but i have no real problem fighting ppl with a high or average ping, my real problems come when fighting ppl with low ping, they just move so damn well. Im in the UK and average about 107 on DSL with usually no packetloss.
                        omg u called me a newb............
                        ....... oh yeah i am lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rigor
                          yea with those lag limits quicksand wouldnt be allowed to play im all for it

ps. vys got banned for distribuiting cheatengine how fishy eh?
                          LOL only lag anyone on us has is me with my tinfo, but i clearly dont lag anyway most of the time. As for vys 'distributing' cheat engine, it was nothing that cant be googled. The trick to CE is learning how to use it, which I do not know if he can do. And btw its not a lag program so i dont know wtf relevance that has in the first place.
                          I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                          I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Working...
                          X