Best out of 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PjOtTeR
    Yes, do best out of 3... this way the chance of the best team winning increases significantly
    That'd be awfully boring if the best team always won. Perhaps saying the team that wants to win most will come out with the W in a best of 3. If the best team ALWAYS won there'd be no point in 95% of the squads playing at all, we might as well have the Final Playoff game at the start of the season.

PS - Screw basing. :fear:
    Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
    1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

Originally posted by Cremation
      a race to 20 minutes that is tight will be a very very long time to concentrate (nearly 40 minutes), i think its just fine the way it is.. 15 minutes can decide the real winner, and gives ample time for comebacks if say.. one person on a squad fucks up for some reason

also, u inevitably have a massive difference in skill level between the top teams and the ones in the bottom of the ladder, and completely handing someone their ass for 20 minutes is just as boring as getting owned for as long.
      oh, how i love you crem
      1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
      1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
      1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
      1:Vitja> afk
      1:Underground> haha vit
      1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

if you do best of 3, there will be no more surprises.. the big squads wont choke two rounds although they can do it once.
        If u remember last season, the worst teams beat the big ones lots of times. It gives excitment to the league.
        1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
        1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
        1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
        1:Vitja> afk
        1:Underground> haha vit
        1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

I think it should be like that but not in the play-offs, best should win from there on, the best would either way get into play-offs.
          Last edited by Sumpson; 09-26-2005, 07:47 PM.
          Only the loyal count.

Comment

Too early to talk bout twl but since u guys started this I do agree that it should be best out of 3, there is obviously enough time to finish 3 rounds in 1 hour if you have 20min rounds. Regarding bot problems.... That's not or problem that the bots break down in middle of games... This time around can we PLEASE have bots up ready when twl comes (start testing and evaluating 3 weeks prior to start). This way we can save time and organize best of 3 round games twd style (3 round twd games take less than an hour 95% of the time) with no problem encounters.
            1:Da1andonly> korven plays subspace from a 1978 microwave

Grab a piece of paper. Place a dot in the middle of it. Draw a small circle around the dot, and leave the rest open. The dot represents your knowledge. It's what you know. It is the limit of your mind's capacity. The circle around the dot is everything that you don't know - but you know that it exists. And the rest of the paper is everything that you didn't even know that you'd never know - that exists or has the potential to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Depre
              Too early to talk bout twl but since u guys started this I do agree that it should be best out of 3, there is obviously enough time to finish 3 rounds in 1 hour if you have 20min rounds. Regarding bot problems.... That's not or problem that the bots break down in middle of games... This time around can we PLEASE have bots up ready when twl comes (start testing and evaluating 3 weeks prior to start). This way we can save time and organize best of 3 round games twd style (3 round twd games take less than an hour 95% of the time) with no problem encounters.
              Good comment, however i think that with many squads including yours and mine who may be playing three different leagues in twl that would be a bit repetitive, this being said , i think it should be voted on atleast.
              4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
              4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
              4:Geio> DEEZ?
              4:Geio> LOLOL
              4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
              4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
              4:spirit> LOL
              4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
              4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Working...
              X