No announcement yet.

Basing, where'd you go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When TWL qualifiers start there will be more interest in basing....

Flabby will TWBD when TWL qualifiers start so thats one extra squad - im sure there will be others too.

I think a roster limit in twd to 35 players is a good idea though. If you cant have more than 35 players for TWL why do u need more than 35 in TWD
    Last edited by Doc Flabby; 10-28-2005, 09:38 AM.
    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

ok then.

If you want me in your squad, invite me asap.

If i'm squadless at the end of the week i'm making a new squad.

Comment

I think 12 is a good #. If u take the 10 NN said and u know -f- will show up, they always do. Thats 11, i dunno who #12 will be but im suer someone like burners can do it.
        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Burners/Dudgeon really deserve it, last season they were the first that didn't make it yet they have sticked around and Dudgeon's games prove they can put up a fight and even win vs 'the good' squads.
          Actually I think 14 would be a good number because more newer guys would get in and improve and therefore in the long term might help to avoid a shortage of players/squads we have in basing now. Of course it would hurt league intensivity a little but i'd rather lay back and let my 2nd line play for a week or two that than have to play say...8? squad TWL next year? This baser elitism is killing not only TWL but ?go base too.
          MODERATOR WARNING: STOP SEXUALLY HARASSING ME, MEANIE :( -Angel <ZH>

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
            I think 12 is a good #. If u take the 10 NN said and u know -f- will show up, they always do. Thats 11, i dunno who #12 will be but im suer someone like burners can do it.
            14, TWL last minute squads ftw!
            Originally posted by turmio
            jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
            Originally posted by grand
            I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

I'm saying you can teach a guy to base like a great baser in a day. The only thing that comes with experience is the fact that you don't choke as easily in important matches. That's a "been there, done that" thing.

Spiders are really easy to teach, just get them to play ?go base a bit, then duel a bit in spid, talk about different attacking strategies and cramming behavior. A twbd at the end of the day would be preferable, of course.

You CAN teach sharks how to play without having another shark there. It's just about giving him the tools to work with, so he can make up his own strategies with his sharking partner and team.

In terr you just got to teach the guy to be patient enough, perhaps practice entry. When he's got those thing covered you can pretty quickly go through the basics of bursting and cramming.

Jav? Well just tell him he should wait for the sharks to use their reps before shooting. Rinse, lather and repeat.

And btw Thix, I'd be REALLY pissed if you told my squad we should start teaming better. It's ok to say we don't team, but as Nickname said, "don't tell me how to run my squad".

And PS: I myself have migrated pretty much out of basing, don't know why, it just happens. This seems to be the trend too, for pure basers (I wasn't a pure baser though :fear to start doing something else. This, of course reduces the amount of bds played per day, since the basers want to do something else for a change too. The question is: do we have a way to keep the guys that are trying other leagues to actually come back and base every now and then, and not stick to the dueling leagues? I myself don't see basing as an attractive choice for consistent play anymore, it's a random thing whether I want to base or not.
              Last edited by Miku19; 10-30-2005, 07:59 AM.
              6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
              3 league vet

Comment

I think someone needs to think up an alterate strategy to cramming and lineing that works :P

I donno i just think there needs to be some more creative lineups in bd im bored of all spiders and sharks and terra or 4 spiders and jav
                Last edited by Doc Flabby; 10-30-2005, 08:30 AM.
                Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Doc, you can't use any other ships, and they have # of ships limit so it wouldn't be that sweet to have like all javs (pub)
                  maisoul> ward, please go play in the oven
                  1:adorn> roflmfao

1:Shock Therapy> get in an oven, and turn on self cleaning
                  1:Shock Therapy> quick shower i swear
                  1:adorn> rofl
                  1:pegasis> brb going to try it

BestPlayer> Thats why we are made of atoms, and not pixy dust.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab
                    ok then
                    If you want me in your squad, invite me asap.
                    If i'm squadless at the end of the week i'm making a new squad.
                    well i got some invites but i didnt much fancy them, so i've made my squad as promised.

Squadname: NO REMOR$E

i wonder if anyone remembers it, .. pm me if ur interested.

Comment

I remember it sucking, try to bring back the old times rab and it can suck once again.
                      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

ahahahahaha thank god nick's back
                        Dice
                        TWLB Champions Season 8
                        TWLJ Champions Season 8
                        TWLB Champions Season 10
                        TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Working...
                        X