Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why TWL won't start for months, what PL won't tell you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T3l Ca7
    Who cares about leagues, let's turn this into an SSTW online-relationship thread ... lemme C

G0ddess & EiG
    trancetune & baby girl
    vols Vs Bam _Ashley & Maisoul
    Pl id & fbz

Anyone wanna add?
    Telcat & the elephants
    DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
    Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
    Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
    -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel
      I just don't understand why ppl have to write "blah blah blah in a 2D spaceship game" would it be different if this was a 3d spaceship game?
      Of course it would. Everything would have depth then.

llater,
      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by brookus
        I don't think I've ever seen PL use a ":x" face. Are you sure it wasn't Jacklyn that you were talking to?

llater,
        Tony

LOL ... my memory fails me..i dont think i ever talked to the guy :<
        >^________^<!

Comment

i didnt find anything in this thread thats "pure_luck wont tell you".. read all those other threads, both me and kolar have stated countless time we have main bot people leaving thats slowing down the bot-making process.

the twl chat is dead cause there is no need to talk on it right now. people that are working on twl are all staffers who are in staff chat. people like you or brookus are on it is because we need advices from people whos mature enough to actually bring good suggestions in, instead of ranting/whining on useless things. twl chat will get alot busier during the season itself. thank you and come again
          1 + 1 = 1

Comment

I felt like going to the store and buying a java-programming book after I read that.
            1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
            1:Cower> Sword
            1:Kthx> ok
            1:Cower> Axe
            1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
            1:Cower> ?
            1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Originally posted by a2m+
              you two have to stop airing each other's dirty laundry in public. We get it. Fbz dosent like PL and PL dosent like fbz. Now lets all grow up and keep our petty fights to ourselves.
              I understand that a2m, the drama has been around since the days of Ice, but when the head of TWL plays 2-3 TWD games everyday and TWL has been put off for almost half a year, don't you think something should be done?

Originally posted by Kolar
              Guru is working on the TWL bots, there might be more people aswell. Jacen Solo is also not fired. I don't know if Qan or LNX dumped previous working code but I have seen some uppers running tests with the TWL bots for about a week or two now.
              fireballz> ?find guru
              Not online, last seen 6 days ago

Unless he uses another alias or spends all of his time working on bots on his comp and doesn't log into ss at all, not to mention his dedication and level of work of on the bots, it's highly doubtful.

Originally posted by Kolar
              I don't believe Qan and or LNX would do that to us.
              Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

Originally posted by Nethila
              the twl chat is dead cause there is no need to talk on it right now. people that are working on twl are all staffers who are in staff chat. people like you or brookus are on it is because we need advices from people whos mature enough to actually bring good suggestions in, instead of ranting/whining on useless things.
              Oh ok. So me "ranting/whining" on a 5 month delay to TWL is "useless".

Aren't you a part of TWL Staff?
              Siege TWLD Season 3 & 4
              Light TWLB Season 5
              Syndicate TWLD & TWLJ Season 7
              Syndicate TWLJ Season 9

Comment

Originally posted by fireballz
                fireballz> ?find guru
                Not online, last seen 6 days ago
                Don't know. Probably working offline, coding + being on Subspace isn't easy. I myself was bogged down by school work to even be on SS more then a couple hours because of exams last week, shit happens but the good news is the bots are being tested, we got more developers on board and.. I don't want to jinx it BUT..... Things are getting done. I don't consider you a credible source of information as far as things go in this zone. If someone in TWL staff, twdev or PL himself wants to confirm the code was deleted by one of the parting Smods then that would be that.

I would suggest putting your little feud with PL to rest or at least take it off the forum. I'm sure there are enough social channels other then this forum for you two to profess your undying hatred of each other.

Edit: I can't speak for Neth but I think he was giving you some kind of credit there for being more mature then the masses and for being active in TWL. I could be wrong.
                Last edited by Kolar; 03-03-2006, 11:38 PM.

Comment

PL probably had problems with getting every data in the website delivered in time by every staffer during last season. That's probably why he's not into doing it manually again. Do you even think about a single guy trying to get infos from a deozens of staffers at the same time? It's just such a circus, the only solution we have is if we get ONE person to manually add all the scores into the site and fix the whole sit up, and that is impossible due to time limits.

Soooo, we're left with two choices: We wait for some guys to do miracles or we just leave trench wars because there's nothing happening.
                  Have fun deciding your own fun!

Comment

Originally posted by fireballz

Oh ok. So me "ranting/whining" on a 5 month delay to TWL is "useless".

Aren't you a part of TWL Staff?
                    let me set the record straight. TWL was orignally 'planned' to start at the end of january and the beginning of febuary. so if you want to call theres a delay for TWL, the delay is only 1 month. not 5 months. you, like many other people, should really start reading some of the threads in this forum before starting another thread that has been made by difference people so many times.

and if you have any issues with Pure_luck, take it to him personally.

i will say it again, this is a FREE game. games like this is a pass-time for most people. You should really appreciate the fact that these people are organizing leagues, coding bots for you on their free time. the last thing they need is endless whining and bitching from you guys.
                    1 + 1 = 1

Comment

let me set the record straight. TWL was orignally 'planned' to start at the end of january and the beginning of febuary. so if you want to call theres a delay for TWL, the delay is only 1 month. not 5 months. you, like many other people, should really start reading some of the threads in this forum before starting another thread that has been made by difference people so many times.

i will say it again, this is a FREE game. games like this is a pass-time for most people. You should really appreciate the fact that these people are organizing leagues, coding bots for you on their free time. the last thing they need is endless whining and bitching from you guys.

Owned.
                      Pallies Foreva!

Comment

lol wasn't TWL originally supposed to start in October?
                        1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
                        1:Cower> Sword
                        1:Kthx> ok
                        1:Cower> Axe
                        1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
                        1:Cower> ?
                        1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Originally posted by Ward
                          lol wasn't TWL originally supposed to start in October?
                          No.
                          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                          Failure teaches success.

Comment

nope.

ps. guru makes $36 an hour at his new job. Fuck that guy, fuck him hard!
                            Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                            You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                            There wont be another election for president.
                            Obama is the Omega President.
                            http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

to clear some misconception about the start date (from an unreliable source(me)) this is what I saw as an unofficial announcement:

Originally posted by twlsite
                              Hello,

TWL Season 8 came to a close just a short time ago. I'd like to say it went pretty well towards the end with only a very few minor problems. I'd like to thank Nethila(workhorse), Shayde, M_M God(didn't forget you this time!),pred_fnm, i.d. , and Rodge_Rabbit.Also wanna thank our bot people: sika, lnx(the man) and anyone else who helped out that I failed to mention. Congrats goes out to -Final- and Dice for killing everyone. If anyone has comments about the season and how to improve next season either email us twleagues@gmail.com or goto the forums. Lastly, TWL Season 9: October ?
                              do not confuse this with somthing else.
                              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

we changed that to the end of january because of chritmas and new year.
                                1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Working...
                                X