Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why TWL won't start for months, what PL won't tell you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da1andonly
    nope.

ps. guru makes $36 an hour at his new job. Fuck that guy, fuck him hard!

LMAO disney..i'll make sure he knows
    >^________^<!

Comment

Well, manually isn't a good idea either (IMO). We manually played a match last season in TWLD, we had the game in control rather easily, then were forced to "replay" because the ref said his sub for the other team was a little delayed? To me it was a joke, because even with the "delay sub" we were outplaying them and had a nice lead/win. But that was never factored in, because they wanted perfection and forgot that it was being hosted manually.

So if little stupid things are going to be forced to be replayed, then I want TWL staff to take their time and fix the bots. Because I'll tell you right now, I'm not interested in playing replays every other week for some bullshit reason. I'd rather do something else with my time.
      RaCka> how can i get you here
      death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
      RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
      death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila
        let me set the record straight. TWL was orignally 'planned' to start at the end of january and the beginning of febuary. so if you want to call theres a delay for TWL, the delay is only 1 month. not 5 months. you, like many other people, should really start reading some of the threads in this forum before starting another thread that has been made by difference people so many times.

and if you have any issues with Pure_luck, take it to him personally.

i will say it again, this is a FREE game. games like this is a pass-time for most people. You should really appreciate the fact that these people are organizing leagues, coding bots for you on their free time. the last thing they need is endless whining and bitching from you guys.
        i thought it was supposed to start october 29th

Comment

Doing work on TWL bots is a thankless job because even if you do an amazing job people will still find something to bitch about.
          USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

P_L might play 2-3 twd games a day but he can't really do anything to speed up the process unless he actually knows how to program bots, or whatever needs programming. Whoever brought that up didn't have a valid point.

I'm looking forward to TWL starting but people please calm down. If we have to wait, wait, be happy someone is doing this for us. In your spare time forget bitching at staff about TWL, read a book or like work out or something. >_>;
            carpe diem

Comment

Originally posted by Deluge
              i thought it was supposed to start october 29th
              where have i or p_l ever said that?
              1 + 1 = 1

Comment

it was said somewhere i know that

Comment

let me set the record straight. TWL was orignally 'planned' to start at the end of january and the beginning of febuary. so if you want to call theres a delay for TWL, the delay is only 1 month. not 5 months. you, like many other people, should really start reading some of the threads in this forum before starting another thread that has been made by difference people so many times.
                  Did you not read Jones post? It was quoted directly from the TWL site itself by Pure_Luck. When I first came back from my break from ss, before I started up Ice I asked Pure_Luck himself when leagues would start, he said Nov/Dec...then when Dec came around I asked him again when leagues start, he said Jan/Feb...and now it's March. If you want to get technical about it, it's been over half a year now and still no leagues.
                  Siege TWLD Season 3 & 4
                  Light TWLB Season 5
                  Syndicate TWLD & TWLJ Season 7
                  Syndicate TWLJ Season 9

Comment

we scratched the idea of starting twl in october because of christmas and new year. read my other posts. jesus. you are just making yourself look stupid and very annoying
                    1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Originally posted by fireballz
                      I understand that a2m, the drama has been around since the days of Ice, but when the head of TWL plays 2-3 TWD games everyday and TWL has been put off for almost half a year, don't you think something should be done?

On my spare time, even if I was the head of TWL, I would rather play 2-3 TWD games a day then spend my time working on the coding for bots for hours...

There's something you need to understand. You can whine and complain all you want about TWL not starting on time, but you have to realize that at least these "staffers" are working on the coding for the bots (whether they are spending a minimal amount of time on them is another issue). Anyway, you can only complain and whine so much, because in the end, it all comes down to: What are you doing to help with the coding of the bots?

If you're not making any efforts on your own to help the coding of the bots, then you have no right to bitch and complain at those who are. So, the moral of this post is: Put up or shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by T3l Ca7
                        Oh Wait, what is this?

Originally posted by Originally Posted by genocidal
                        On an e-drama scale of 1-10, I give the Volcs-Maisoul-Bam ashlee a 6. The PL-ID-fbz gets an 8, though.
                        :fear:
                        LOL, in what thread is this said in?

Comment

we changed that to the end of january because of chritmas and new year.
                          It's not postponed, it's delayed. Christmas was a few months ago.

And please stop the shit about 'it's a free game' bullshit, because there have been people (and bet still are) who were willing to spend as much time on development as they do/did on playing.
                          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

and how many of them will be trusted enough with the access to the database?
                            (i really feel that some of you need to go back to elementary school and learn to understand what you read, cause thats probably like the 32423432 times i have said that line)
                            1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Hitler trusted noone :S
                              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

I'd be willing to write the bots. If you can't trust people with access to the database then don't give it to them. Just have them work on the bots and have their code audited by a trusted staff member. Auditing the code should take far less time than having that staff member write it himself. Having code audited like that will bring the dev cycle to a crawl, of course, but a crawl is better than no progress at all.
                                Fusha> Let's cyber! ^.^
                                eXCaliburx> you better be a girl :/
                                Fusha> I'm not :(
                                eXCaliburx> Darn
                                eXCaliburx> pretend?

2:Rudy> You could probably train a monkey to be a ZH if he was just polite enough not to hurl his faeces at you

Comment

Working...
                                X