Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TWL Season 6 Rules

Originally posted by Epinephrine
    8.14 If a player lags out when in a very deadly situation (about to run into a situation that
    looks to have a small chance of staying alive), then the host ref may assign the player a death. The league coordinators will review the incident and determine if the disconnect was intentional. If it was determined to be intentional further punishment may come to the player.
    This rule is really debatable, pretty much the only one which I have trouble with, I have some tactics which have to do with being surrounded, and if I accidently lag out for some reason, and I am deemed to have purposley dissed, then what would be the punishment? That could turn into a large hassle. That and the basing one which discourages outside fighting, what if you want to use a WB to hunt the ter in the entrance of the base?

Other than that, it looks good to me.
    I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
      4.07 If the Trench Wars Zone goes down for an inordinate amount of time, all the games for that timeslot will be postponed until the next weekend. If the zone is down for multiple timeslots, all of those games will be postponed. Once the server goes back up, the previously scheduled league games that were scheduled to start after or within 5 minutes of the server being fixed will be played.

My only problem with this rule is if the server is down for a while, and people can't get into the zone, most of the time they won't sit around trying to get in until it's back up (unless it's a very short downtime). This rule could end up causing some problems if the server crashes before a match, and squad members who were there get frustrated and leave, or just don't sign back in immediately, and then one squad (or both) ends up shorthanded. 5 minutes seems like an awfully short time to try to get everyone back on the same page after a server crash, and that's what I assume is meant by "scheduled to start after or within 5 minutes of the server being fixed." So if there's a 2pm game, and the server crashes at 1:35, and stays down until, say, 2:03, I don't know that it's reasonable to try to play that game, because there likely won't be enough people online, since it'll take time for them to realize the server is, in fact, up again. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the rule. Just a thought.
      Last edited by General Malaise; 01-12-2003, 10:56 AM.
      The downside of being better than
      everyone else is that people tend to
      assume you're pretentious. -
      www.despair.com

Comment

9.11 Each game will consist of one 30 minute round, and each player will be given a maximum of 10 deaths. In Javelin games, teamkills do count as deaths.

Oh that's good lol. Funny.
        Ha.

Comment

Week 5 is the midpoint?
          So every squad wont get the chance to play each other?
          sage

Comment

Rule update:
            =========
            2.04 If any squad drops out during the middle of a season for any reason, it will be replaced by the highest ranking team on the Trench Wars Division (www.twdivisions.org) ladder which is currently not in that division of Trench Wars Leagues and wishes to join. Replacement squads who join before the season begins will be considered full squads in Trench Wars Leagues. Replacement squads that join during a season in progress will start out with a record of (0-x) [wins-losses], with the x representing the number of rounds that have already occurred. Because it is important that the league is not held up, replacement squads must respond to the invitation as soon as possible or else the next best squad will be asked and so on. These TWD teams need at least 10 games played in their respective TWD division to qualify.

====================

-Epi
            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
            www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Creager
              Week 5 is the midpoint?
              So every squad wont get the chance to play each other?
              Since we want 16 teams for TWL-D and TWL-J, having 15 games for the season just seems very unfeasible. Taking last season as a hint, at the end of 9 rounds, there were already a bunch of squads which disbanded. If we have more rounds, there will be more disbanded squads and it would screw things up even more for playoff seeding.

-Epi
              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
              www.animeslice.com

Comment

are squads who dissolved allowed to reenter twl? as long as they have 50% of their roster?

(you'll see what squad i am talking about by tomorrow)

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
                Asia Minor> maybe not
                Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
                bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
                bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
                bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
                bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

i dont have anyhting to say i just wanted to continue my dominance in the twl forum area by talking in all the active threads
                  To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                  brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Amendment to Rule 2.02

2.02 Participating squads in Trench Wars League are chosen at the beginning of the season and they include the participating teams from the previous season who wish to remain, and replacement teams which are needed to fill in the empty spots (see 2.04). Squads that dissolved at any time during the previous season, or prior to the new season's start, will have to re-enter Trench Wars Leagues through the TWD system.

It was recently brought to our attention that this clause was not included in the original posted draft. As has been the standard for other squads that dissolved and later reformed, it was necessary to include that standard in the official rules.

-PUSH

Forums were down momentarily, as I was not able to immediately post this explanantion after making the amendment.
                    Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Amendment to Section 5

5.02 Each squad is allowed to have a total of 3 captains and 5 assistant captains. All captains must be registered as so with Trench Wars Leagues.

This was previously absent in our former draft, it was added to clear up any confusion there may be about the number of captains a squad may register.

-PUSH
                      Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

I think I agree with ruby (I know, I know.. I'm scared too).

I don't like any rule that puts the refs judgement into play because results could vary between matches.

if there's a way to know whether a disconnect was done on purpose, use that.. but not the part where you get a death if it looked like you might be in a dangerous situation. the ref can't see everything, so it's completely random whether you get nailed for that or not, and it's also random whether the judge thinks you were gonna die or not.. and random is bad.

make it as mechanical and black/white as possible.
                        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                          I think I agree with ruby (I know, I know.. I'm scared too).
                          Why are you scared?

Comment

I'd still like to see one ship change allowed in TWLB. It has the possibility of turning games around.

Ruby, I think bz was scared because he felt the earth shudder after his initial comment.

llater,
                            Tony

Comment

Originally posted by brookus
                              Ruby, I think bz was scared because he felt the earth shudder after his initial comment.
                              Earth shudder? More like a select few people who don't know me at all, and I'm never serious.

Comment

I have a learning disorder, can someone please record the rules so i can listen to them?
                                Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Working...
                                X