Anyone else feel this way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else feel this way?

Been playing Trenchwars for about 7+ years now and this season feels a lot different. It seems like there is something missing, like, all the hype of actually winning the season is gone. Maybe it just came to a point where it there isn't much of a reward to even win. Take the players from dice last year (no offense to you guys), compare them to the siege players in season 5. The players back then get respect (not like it matters), and dice dont get anything. Just seems like the mojo is gone, we need more mojo in twl, soemone do something drastic (no, dont recreate that squad).

Anyone else feel this way and if you do, is there any way to spice it up? Suggestions? WE NEED MOJO!!!
    I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

tru, lets squeeze some mojo off from lord hercules
    TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
    TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
    Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
    1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
    4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
    1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

I kinda do sometimes.. xD, this is one boring TWL Season..

i guess theirs really nocompetition.?
      TWLD Champion 2014
      TWDTB Champion 2013
      TWDTB Champion 2016
      TWDTB Champion 2017
      TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
      -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

i think drastic might come back after twl
        violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
        [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Herc i think what you are feeling is what alot of people feels, the problem isnt twl its the fact you just dont like this game as much, or dont care. For me this game isnt the same, im 19 and this is the only game i play currently, i have way better things to do, but i still like to play this when i get home for like 30m. I was a better spider and jav before and sometimes i think "i wish i was like one year ago", but i know im not going to bother to practise even for twl. When i left spastic for dice months ago, which confirms what i said, i actually got that "mojo" of playing again because it was a change after 3 years but it lasted one week and it all went back the same.

I dont have solutions for this, i guess you just have to accept it, if a squad like siege came back i would be very surprised but i wouldnt start practising alot just to beat em or something like that, simply because i dont like this game as i did before, but this is just my case.
          Last edited by Stayon; 05-28-2006, 08:37 PM.
          Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
          Your friend,
          ​​Papi
          ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by pascone
            i think drastic might come back after twl
            and dissolve before next season
            1:Da1andonly> korven plays subspace from a 1978 microwave

Grab a piece of paper. Place a dot in the middle of it. Draw a small circle around the dot, and leave the rest open. The dot represents your knowledge. It's what you know. It is the limit of your mind's capacity. The circle around the dot is everything that you don't know - but you know that it exists. And the rest of the paper is everything that you didn't even know that you'd never know - that exists or has the potential to exist.

Comment

razor will be back
              4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
              4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
              4:Geio> DEEZ?
              4:Geio> LOLOL
              4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
              4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
              4:spirit> LOL
              4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
              4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

re

people barely play twd, anymore or barely play tw, therefore league matches dont mean as much. People dont feel the need to play because there is no hype put into the game, i tried doing something wif the dice game by trashing dice b4, but again no1 seems to respond to it, not even my squad because half of them dont even show up... it just has come to the point that life is taken over, cuz its the summer i guess. TWL took too long to start, and people have lives, like for me i dont care anymroe for the game cuz i got other things to do rather than school /continuum , because school is basically done for me. Thats just me.
                TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
                1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
                1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

Leagues have never been fun or interesting. Season 1 was mildly amusing until I found that life was much more fun getting drunk and laid. Try it fags.
                  Owel \Ow"el\, a. [OF. oel, owel, iwel,ivel, F. ['e]gal, fr. L. aequalis.] (Law) Equal. [Obs.] --Burrill.

http://lame.twzone.net/

Comment

1) OWEL! is a sad human.
                    2) Eelman is a DSBer meaning his opinions mean nothing. If you had been around TW just last season you would know that people don't play TWD very much when TWL is in season. The time before TWL is when squads get their practice in. The only result of TWL being delayed is giving Pandora a false sense of their own worth - they played like 3 LBs a day and wonder why it doesn't matter in TWLB when they keep losing.
                    3) The problem isn't with TWL, it's with the player. If the game isn't interesting to you anymore, and I'm sure it isn't for you Herc because 7+ years of cockpitting hasn't brought you home any trophies yet, then play a new one.
                    4) Mr. Mojo Risin'.

Comment

Originally posted by eelam <tw>
                      people barely play twd, anymore or barely play tw, therefore league matches dont mean as much. People dont feel the need to play because there is no hype put into the game, i tried doing something wif the dice game by trashing dice b4, but again no1 seems to respond to it, not even my squad because half of them dont even show up... it just has come to the point that life is taken over, cuz its the summer i guess. TWL took too long to start, and people have lives, like for me i dont care anymroe for the game cuz i got other things to do rather than school /continuum , because school is basically done for me. Thats just me.
                      we let the spaceships do our talking

PHP Code:
                      Ship W L P TKs TeKs FC R LO SUB 
                      Eelam spider 58 76 3385 0 0 2 
                      -212 1 0 
                      violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                      [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

The players are getting older and the game is getting way too boring to be taken seriously.

Id be interested in having a serious poll to see how many years are left till most of us start retiring/leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
                          Been playing Trenchwars for about 7+ years now and this season feels a lot different. It seems like there is something missing, like, all the hype of actually winning the season is gone. Maybe it just came to a point where it there isn't much of a reward to even win. Take the players from dice last year (no offense to you guys), compare them to the siege players in season 5. The players back then get respect (not like it matters), and dice dont get anything. Just seems like the mojo is gone, we need more mojo in twl, soemone do something drastic (no, dont recreate that squad).

Anyone else feel this way and if you do, is there any way to spice it up? Suggestions? WE NEED MOJO!!!
                          there arent any powerhouse squads anymore

remember how one squad/player would do so well, win all games, and hardly ever choke? whatever happend to that glory? i guess thats what we looked up to. it can't be fixed herc, people go and retire/leave, and a new generation takes over.
                          Girl if it's alright,
                          100%.

Comment

WE NEED NEW FUCKING BLOOD.

We need a newer version of the cont. client and we need to get the fucking word out.
                            Originally posted by turmio
                            jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                            Originally posted by grand
                            I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Plain and simple. The game is old, way too old. its either time for u to change aspects of the game(MAJOR ASPECTS) or just do something else. Playing over and over and over again in the same league 10 times isn't the same. That's what professionnal players get when they grow older in the pro leagues. It's something you should get used to.

Comment

Working...
                              X