No announcement yet.

Separating the Dueling and Basing leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kim, it is good that you areat least telling us what your thought process is. We'd rather be able to bring up some things that you might add/subtract than what happened this year. lol you could be calling us idiots and doing what you want anyway
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

The current TWD bots if you have not noticed already are not 100%, or else there would be zero double squadders and no sharing of names.

Doc Flabby's point: If you were a squad who does not wish to play in TWL but wants to gain points anyways, you most likely would not be the best team on the TWD ladder anyways. The squads that are most likely to get these TWD awards would be squads that are anticipated to take it all the way in TWL playoffs, so it would just be a moot award, since the real tests exist in TWL where the real competition begins. I am using Doc Flabby's testimonial to answer Sufficient's point if you haven't noticed, kinda confusing I know.
      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
      Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
        The current TWD bots if you have not noticed already are not 100%, or else there would be zero double squadders and people sharing names.
        does TWL have a problem with double squaders????

Sigh double squadding and namesharing is not a big problem. Its already a pain in the arse if one of your brother or sister also plays on your computer. I'd rather see the bots not crash during twl then start to worry about this.

you still havnt explained satifactory why all the squads would have to be dissolved. A roster limit of 20 will kill TWD. Alot of the lower squads need a large player base cos there players only play occasionally.
        Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
        Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby
          does TWL have a problem with double squaders????

Sigh double squadding and namesharing is not a big problem. Its already a pain in the arse if one of your brother or sister also plays on your computer. I'd rather see the bots not crash during twl then start to worry about this.

you still havnt explained satifactory why all the squads would have to be dissolved. A roster limit of 20 will kill TWD. Alot of the lower squads need a large player base cos there players only play occasionally.
          all squads being dissolved really doesnt matter much in my opinion. Every season the good squads usually dissolve anyway, recreating under a new name or a former name that hasnt been used the season prior. The few squads that stay the same would be sk8, disoblige, pallies at one time, pirates, and then old squads that are horrible now which include melee and paladen. Ancients dissolved too so thats not even a problem.

Basicly recreating the squad just means they have to enter TWD to join twl, playoffs wouldnt matter as to entering twl again. Old squads like Paladen and Melee will still be around, but they would just have to seasonally recreate their roster, which means they would have to be somewhat active again to do so. Squads were still considered to be "squads" before TWD ever existed, so you never needed a roster on the site to be a steady squad. To me the twd roster doesnt matter as to saying your dissolved or not.

EDIT: oh and flabby, you say you dont want to have to explain to your players how to register on twd site again... well they need to figure it out eventually, and if they cant do it then thats their problem for being new. Reregistering just means they will have to be somewhat active to actually rejoin their squad, which your saying they arnt in the first place.
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

no ones explained to me how its going to help stop double squadders its just a waste of time....honestly this kinda thing with a roster limit of 20 will result in twd consiting of like 80 squads that hardly ever play except the "leet" squads cos no none is ever online, but maybe thats what you guys want gj....

Why isnt this in the TWD forum its going to affect alot of people who play TWD quite a few of them wont bother reading this forum, or realise this will effect them....

Some people care about their squad and dont want it to get dissolved ever!!!!!
            Last edited by Doc Flabby; 07-29-2006, 05:16 AM.

Kitty> true

Comment

I didnt read most of the posts after hitting half of the first page but;

Limiting the TWD rosters to 20, a huge amount of new squads would turn out into TWD.

Would TWL largen then, meaning, would there be more squads to fight in TWL than just 16 (or whatever the amount is)?

I like the idea of separating TWLD/J/B anyways.
              3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
              3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
              3:i.d.> da fk is that?
              3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
              3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
              3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
              3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
              3:Shadowmere> LOL
              3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
              Shadowmere> Rofl
              Up in ya !> With his feet
              Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
              Up in ya !> l44t feet
              Deft> l44t f44t*
              Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
              Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera
                You forgot -FINAL- Thix.

I would be bothered to play TWLB if I could find a nice squad that plays both TW-J and TW-B. But for now I see no nicer squad than BoZ anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                I was thinking; Wouldn't be a good idea to seperate all 3 divisions/leagues.
                So that you could play for 3 different squads (one each league)

- If you have a splendid squad that already plays all 3 leagues you can keep that together
                - If you only care about one league you can stick to a squad that either only competes in one, or you can join a squad that plays your league amongst the other 2.
                - If you want to compete in 2 or 3 leagues you could play for 2/3 different squads
                - If you only care about having fun, you can stick to a squad that's fun for you.

Staff makes us believe doublesquadding is a thing of the past, so it shouldn't be a problem. The oppurtunity to play for the best squad in each league should also take away the need to doublesquad for the more gifted players.

Since you no longer have the: 'we need a big roster because we play 3 leagues', you could choose decent rostercap (IE: max of 20 people on a league-roster).

The gain would be that those people who are only excelling in one league can still compete in other leagues instead of only choosing for that one league they have a shot at winning. I think it would boost activity in all the leagues and increase the quality of the teamrosters.
                http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=21688
                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby
                  no ones explained to me how its going to help stop double squadders its just a waste of time....honestly this kinda thing with a roster limit of 20 will result in twd consiting of like 80 squads that hardly ever play except the "leet" squads cos no none is ever online, but maybe thats what you guys want gj....

Why isnt this in the TWD forum its going to affect alot of people who play TWD quite a few of them wont bother reading this forum, or realise this will effect them....

Some people care about their squad and dont want it to get dissolved ever!!!!!
                  I don't think anyone claimed that forcing squads to reregister every "season" of TWD/TWL would help curb double-squadding. What it does help out with is parsing out the rosterless squads and force semi-active squads to at least reregister, and in that way encourage them to be more active.

As for limiting TWD rosters to 20 ... I think that's not a good thing to do. I thought we all agreed that TWD was "for fun and practice". I see no reason why we should limit the TWD roster that much. TWL should be limited. TWD should not. Someone should start a thread to specifically talk about each issue instead of the clump of 5 different topics we're talking about.

I get that feeling that most ppl are ok with separating TWL into TWLD/TWLJ and TWLB as opposed to the current setup and as opposed to all 3 leagues separated. That's the main issue this thread was supposed to address.
                  Last edited by Sufficient; 07-29-2006, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
                    Clearing out TWD is a TWD priority, and it is going to happen (after this TWL season). Hopefully if that goes well, we don't have to regularly re-register names, but you WILL have to after the end of this season as we are implimenting new bots. The only re-registering you will have to do is re-sign up your squad at the beginning of each Dueling or Basing season, adding players will not be a problem as we will remove restrictions to changing squads and playing elligibility in the first 2-3 days.
                    You don't define what a TWD "season" is. I think that needs to be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kim
                      I think TWD has already been entrenched with the mindset made by many squads that it is just practice. If you were to crown a winner to TWD, it would be an award to the squad that practices the hardest, which isn't too prestigious. TWD is a nice change because the only consequence of losing in those games is a loss of points, which can be regained by winning games later on. Losing in TWL could mean a loss of a berth into the playoffs. So TWD in essence would be a nice relaxing change from TWL.
                      Like I said before, I thought TWD was for prac and fun. So why make the max roster for TWD 20? And how do you take into account squads that play only TWDD or all three TWD ladders?

As for crowning a "TWD" title/champion, I see no problem with it. Yes, it may not be very prestigious, but crowning the team that pracs the hardest and wins doesn't hurt anyone and really can only help encourage better and MORE TWD competition. And I don't mean crowning the squads that qualify for TWL, it can be really any variation. You can crown a TWD team at the end of the TWL season minusing all the TWL squads from that each ladder. There are many ways you can constitute a "TWD season" and award the title of TWD champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sufficient
                        I get that feeling that most ppl are ok with separating TWL into TWLD/TWLJ and TWLB as opposed to the current setup and as opposed to all 3 leagues separated. That's the main issue this thread was supposed to address.
                        I think its a really good idea.

I dont think anyone is against splitting TWL really....

Its the other changes are what made me worried

Kitty> true

Comment

• i like it the way it is. bye
                          TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
                          TWLJ Season 9 CHampion: Syndicate

Goddess> i haven't had sex in over 5 years now because i'm waiting for someone who's worth marrying ... which will most likely never happen so i figure ima be a nun without catholism

Colonel> rofl.. goddess hasn't had sex in 5 years because thats how long its been since someone has actually been able to find her cooch

Comment

Working...
                          X