X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Preseason -- Week 1: Hot or Not

HOT or NOT

TWLB
    Hot: JAMAL was nothing short of stunning in his LB match today against Mambo. Against one of the league's best squads, he managed an outstanding 106 kills and 48 deaths. But that's not all! He had to change to terrier near the end of the match because of a certain suicidal terrier that can't seem to stay focused. He made an impressive run into the FR and with a little help from a rookie terr on the other side of the spaceships, eradicated Mambo from the FR, securing a Spastic victory, and showing everyone just how clutch Jamal is.

Honorable Mention: Scoop, pulling a 32-2 in terrier vs. Syndicate. He might not be warportal, but he proved he's good enough to play TWL. Hockeydude, 117-50 and MVP vs. Virtuosus.

Not: So today I was watching the Spastic vs. Mambo match, and I was getting really worried watching Mambo get manhandled. So in an FR fight, PL decided it would be cool to port onto the flag and burst in an attempt to kill Mambo's terr. DENIED. He got sprayed to death and in spec chat we were joking "Would be funny if Mambo came back to win.." And hey, it almost happened. Why? Because PL, despite being very impressive throughout the game up to the point of his second death, returned to the ways that everyone so righteously knows, suicidal terring. He racked up stupid death after stupid death, you could almost say he "choked". Granted, Mambo was doing a good job holding them even below mid base, but he was, as usual, suiciding. He eventually racked up 12 deaths and let Mambo very much back into the game, until he had to be rescued by Jamal, who handily finished the game in terrier with a win for Spastic.

Honorable Mention: Mikkiz, for oh so intelligently sitting next to an enemy mine until inevitably, a team member detached into it, costing Mambo the game. That's not their fault, it's yours for being there. Why was he in over Nycle anyway? Syndicate's spiders, sucking for the most part with the exception of Amputate and Demonfaze. Virtuosus, for showing a grand total of ZERO of their sharks, therefore making our spiders play shark.

TWLJ
    Hot: Ceyve managed an impressive 16-5 record for Rampage in their LJ match today. He seems to be a very promising talent for Rampage this season, and definitely proved his worth today by making up for the performances (or lack thereof) of his squadmates (i'm looking at you, Bill C).

Honorable Mention: Megaman89, pulled a nice 14-6 against Pandora. Turban managed 13 kills in the loss against dice, which was impressive considering the guys he had to play with.

Not: Eelam, zidane, and Kornflakes. Man, if Turban and Reputation weren't solid that game, it would of been complete and utter rape. I gotta hand it to Turban and Reputation for the solid performances they gave against a tough Dice team, but man, if Eelam had lived up to his hype and trash talk, zidane was just a little better, and Kornflakes wasn't the same guy that couldn't start for Melee in season 7, Pandora could of made it a closer game. Eelam started the game off with a stunning 0-7 before he realized that throwing his keyboard around the room in rage after every death was getting him killed. Then he managed to get an amazing three kills, but hey, who says I could do any better? Zidane and Kornflakes were nothing more than useless, turning in records of 2-9 and 3-10, respectively. For all the hype that Pandora and more specifically, Eelam, have been getting as the most improved jav squad/player, they didn't really show any signs of hope for this TWLJ past Reputation and Turban.

Honorable Mention: exe and necce turning in 2-10 and 3-10 records, respectively, against Plade, of all squads. Sika, the "great 3 league player", with a 5-10 against BoZ. Bill C, who recently called people newbs on these forums for them not putting him in Rampage's starting lineup, with an absolutely dominating 2-7 against Mambo, despite the rest of Rampage holding their own to secure a victory.

TWLD(significantly shorter cause I have no idea what I'm talking about in this league and don't have all the results)
    Hot: Last Standing, 17-4 against a very tough Thunder team. Delegate, 18-8 against Savanger. Prostitution, 16-10 in Savanger's loss against Ash. BoZ, for fucking up Syne hard.

Not: Galleleo, starting off the match with a veteran-like 0-8 before mustering 3 kills at the end of the match. Nearly cost Ash the match against Savanger. Syne, for truly proving Exalt right. EDIT: You're right Ward, completely missed the supposed hero of last year for sk8 got shut down with a 2-10 by Rampage.
    Last edited by Voth; 02-18-2007, 09:05 PM.
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

nice post, very good observations.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
    1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
    1:Freeze> LOL FAR
    ---
    5:waven> freeze
    5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
    5:waven> you state your business with sanji
    5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
    5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
    5:waven> and i will talk to ease
    5:Freeze> LOL
    5:waven> that's how things work around here
    --
    1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

reis 15-7 against -f-
      Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Baserman is waaaay more NOT for ld than Gall
        1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
        1:Cower> Sword
        1:Kthx> ok
        1:Cower> Axe
        1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
        1:Cower> ?
        1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Good posts voth! keep it up :turned:
          4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
          4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
          4:Geio> DEEZ?
          4:Geio> LOLOL
          4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
          4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
          4:spirit> LOL
          4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
          4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
            Good posts voth! keep it up :turned:
            I taught you your shit scoop!
            1:abbot> i think i played well
            1:brookus> abbot last time i checked YOU lost
            1:brookus> so im going to say that YOU sucked as well

7:Sleuth> HOW DO YOU FUCKS SAY CRACKER
            7:Vue> WE SAY CRACKER
            7:Vue> U DIPSHIT

7:Rampage Jackson> wtf are you guys drunk or 15?
            7:Vue> lol jackson when sleuth is online everyone becomes 15

oar> i got rejected from Stray
            oar> and both of their caps are on my personal chat
            oar> but its ok

Comment

Any questions? SLEUTH I MISS YOU BABY
              4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
              4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
              4:Geio> DEEZ?
              4:Geio> LOLOL
              4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
              4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
              4:spirit> LOL
              4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
              4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Very good, just make TWLD longer next time...
                -Bubbles
                Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
                Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

Yup, just make LD longer and those are pretty good looking. It's too bad Savanger lost, Sarrow had some lag and stuff too. Can't wait for regular season :fear:
                  7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                  7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                  7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                  7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                  1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Gj Voth

Good job Voth keep it up, and yah i would like to see the twld part a little bit more in depth. But other than that great job
                    For those who dont know I am Prostitution
                    Changed names to get a fresh start, so far its been working, thanks again voth, later:grin:
                    Borat-4-Life

Comment

thanks for the positive feedback guys

sorry about the twld section, i'm slightly retarded as far as that league goes and I don't wanna talk like I know what I know what the fuck I'm saying if I really don't.

also at the time I didn't have most of the TWLD stats and I only got to watch a few of the games

i'll try to get to twld more next time

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                      TWLJ Champion Season 11
                      TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

obviously you missed the whole part where -f- was up 10-0:44 and lost 15:11:30

good job missing the not in LB and anyone scoring good recs against virt should not get honorable mention no matter who they r...its like shooting fish in a barrell (no offense to hock)
                        Last edited by Summa; 02-18-2007, 11:30 PM.
                        TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                        TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                        Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                        - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                        Originally posted by kthx
                        Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

anyone remember

JAMAL> METAL IS A NEWB N SUCKS

i lol'd irl

pandora for lj choke, but it was dice, the best jav squad of the land
                          What maneuver could possibly be smoover?

Comment

actually i forgot to add a hilarious Jamal quote that he said after the spastic vs mambo match

JAMAL> euros are ez
                            JAMAL> ugly euros are ez

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                            TWLJ Champion Season 11
                            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

voth did you see pandora/pene game
                              What maneuver could possibly be smoover?

Comment

Working...
                              X