X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add Shrapnel to TWLJ

Add shrapnel to TWLJ next season.

Why?

We've been playing the same TWL every season and it is time to make some changes. People say it's all luck and takes no skill when dying to a shrap, but it should take skill to dodge it. Make it go in random directions, make it go in 1 certain direction, even make it only do 500 damage.. any shrap would be good. Yes, shrap would cause more unfortunate deaths but that's jav for you, unfortunate deaths are always bare to happen. This is just my opinion though I just thought it would be more fun having to dodge bombs and shraps flying everywhere not knowing if it's your teamates or enemies, and adds more entertainment and hilarity to spectators.

This has probably been brought up before (maybe) but it should be brought up again, I think we should just try it or start a poll on what the people want. I'm just bringing this up for next TWL though, that way there is more time decide and we don't have to bring it up last minute.
    Last edited by Amputate; 04-30-2007, 08:04 PM.
    Syndicate - 2 time TWL-D/TWL-J Champions
    Thunder - Season 11 TWL-J Champions
    Amputate - TWEL-J Champion

add shark shrap that instant kills you i want to see the 0-10's
    1:cripple> guys i am sorry for all the inconvenience of my virginity that i have let out on this squadron, i love u all

1:Chief Utsav> please leave me alone

Comment

I wouldn't mind this. It would make things more interesting again. I think the league could use a change. It wouldn't even have to be 1 hit kills.

-Legionair
      4:Mootland <ER>> <- Mom of the year
      4:Mootland <ER>> Hear ma baby
      4:Mootland <ER>> Breast feeding time?
      4:dll> YES
      4:Mootland <ER>> Ok, take a suck
      4:dll> u produce the best milk ^_^
      4:Mootland <ER>> Hey, no teeth!
      4:Mootland <ER>> ffs
      4:dll> your nippies are red :P
      4:Mootland <ER>> yes :\

Comment

Cool Idea.

Comment

the old elim shrap ftw... you could aim that stuff... sorta

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

.?go shrap if u want to play with em
            Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
            Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
            Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
            Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
            Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
            Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
            Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

I'm talking about twlj, not an event that never gets hosted. I personally don't mind if this doesn't happen but it is something new, it should be the communities decision whether they want to try shrap or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Amputate View Post
                I'm talking about twlj, not an event that never gets hosted. I personally don't mind if this doesn't happen but it is something new, it should be the communities decision whether they want to try shrap or not.
                sharp was in twlj many seasons ago, they took it away, just like FC in twld.
                to make it more interesting... instead of sharpels in twlj make it be thors....

Comment

Wouldn't be a bad idea as long as the shrap wasn't too powerful. Could also either make it so you have to green shrap, or everyone gets a set amount.
                  duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Originally posted by Squadless View Post
                    sharp was in twlj many seasons ago, they took it away, just like FC in twld.
                    to make it more interesting... instead of sharpels in twlj make it be thors....
                    I know there were shraps in twlj but that was a long time ago, doesn't hurt to try it again. I think it would makes things interesting again kinda like the old days.

Comment

make it go up, down, left and right, and have it do the same damage as a bullet

Comment

I think shrap in TWLJ and TWJD would be a nice change. L3 and L2 shrap would just be too powerful, contributing to too many kills.

I think shrap at the L1 bullet level (520dmg) would definitely be the best idea, it simply adds an element of luck with the possibility for some extra skill too.

It would definitely have to be the same configuration of shrap we used to have in belim: 3 non-random shrapnels, which you spawn with, no need to green. Having 2 or 4 shraps wouldn't really be good, the 90 degree angles would be pretty boring, 3 adds some diagonal angles which add a bit of uncertainty.

Maybe this could be tested in javduel for a bit to see what sort of reception it gets?
                        USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                        ---A few minutes later---
                        9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                        9:Kim> UM
                        9:Kim> i didn't
                        9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                        9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                        9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                        9:pascone> lol?

Comment

So you can sit outside of base, lob bombs in and wait for a lucky shrap kill?
                          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

You wouldn't be much use to your own team then.

I'm all for this!
                            Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                            You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                            There wont be another election for president.
                            Obama is the Omega President.
                            http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                              So you can sit outside of base, lob bombs in and wait for a lucky shrap kill?
                              Yeah I don't like that. I agree with Ewan, use L1 damage shrap so that it does the same amount as a bullet.
                              1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                              3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                              3:Best> see it coming
                              3:Best> sad

Comment

Working...
                              X