Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dice - 1st squad to win all TWLs or Synd - Most winning squad in TWL history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'luck' plays a role in all three leagues. it seems, however, that a person is more likely to be affected by it in lj and lb, simply becasue the action is taking place in a much smaller, contained area. Also, imo, an lb match is much more likely to have its outcome drastically changed by a freak play. ex; terr warps and sid detatches into a bomb. td, and other freq crams it out for the win. there are so many more variables that makes lb more unpredictable. its just part of every league; a terr shouldnt warp into a mine, a spid shouldnt detatch into it, and a wb should be able to dodge a stray.

although..if you're debating about which league is the best, the amount of luck involved in each shouldnt be the deciding factor in my opinion.

Comment

i cant rellly compare any other player to mega...maybe sika

maybe im wrong because i dont know which players triple leagued before my time

and another thing,

"I still find it hard to take TWLB seriously because it is just too easy to become a good baser.. The fact that players who were in their prime 3 to 7 years ago are still good enough to compete with players who recently became very good, says it all to me" - BRAM

true. this sounds like im boasting but theres only 2 good basing squads this year: Dice and Pandora. and suprisingly enough they both made it to the finals. Since ?go base is full of players with diverse skills its easy to say that "it is just too easy to become a good baser"

Comment

Originally posted by death row View Post
        Fbz, in ?go twlb it has Light winning it in season 1. edit your sig

A championship with no playoffs isn't really a championship is it? This isn't soccer here. (further eliminating that is the fact they did hold a playoff, calling in the LB Cup, which is dumb. Light may have run, but the folded and cried and ran away)
        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by mikes and dabram. View Post
          "it is just too easy to become a good baser"
          umm. NOT?
          -Kawrae

Comment

Originally posted by Kawrae View Post
            IMO

It sure does beat the hell out of 3 LD early season titles. You need to knowhow to play this game to win all 3 leagues. Gettin few wb champs tells you only that you're good warbird. I wasn't playing activly at Siege time, but i'm sure warbirds nowdays are much better. No offence, and i'm not trying to trashtalk ^^
            hmm..im trying to think when this resolution cap all went down....but anyways back before siege even came along, the people who had small res got dominated so there was no even playing field. so i agree with that the wbs NOW are probably better than we were back then because you didnt have to be that good to snipe someone with a 1920 res ( which is probably the main reason i was on those top squads back then, cuz i suck ) but since the res cap anyone whose played before has had to adjust and the new guys haven't seen anything over 1280 so its pretty safe to say that the wb skill has definetly increased since the cap.
            "I'm a fucking walking paradox, no I'm not
            Threesomes with a fucking triceratops, Reptar
            " - Tyler the Creator
            Yonkers video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname View Post
              A championship with no playoffs isn't really a championship is it? This isn't soccer here. (further eliminating that is the fact they did hold a playoff, calling in the LB Cup, which is dumb. Light may have run, but the folded and cried and ran away)
              Football Nickname, Football.
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                I'm going to say Syndicate for LD, but who knows who's the best nowadays. It's hard to tell, seeing as Quicksand is the first squad in history of Trench Wars to go undefeated in TWL while winning every game 4v5.

True
                OBama/Biden 08

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname View Post
                  We beat every major team in that season, including the team that won LB Cup. The LB cup was hosted awhile after playoffs for season 5 and I didn't see the need to keep Light around after playoffs around to play in some false tourny that people made because they were butthurt by Light. End of Story.
                  Siege TWLD Season 3 & 4
                  Light TWLB Season 5
                  Syndicate TWLD & TWLJ Season 7
                  Syndicate TWLJ Season 9

Comment

Originally posted by fireballz View Post
                    We beat every major team in that season, including the team that won LB Cup. The LB cup was hosted awhile after playoffs for season 5 and I didn't see the need to keep Light around after playoffs around to play in some false tourny that people made because they were butthurt by Light. End of Story.

Ready, Set, GO!!! NERDWAR
                    OBama/Biden 08

Comment

It's pretty easy to become an average baser, but it's far from easy becoming a good or even TWL-quality baser.
                      LUE 402 >>> j00
                      Ha ha HA. Not to scale.

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
                        Looking forward to this. All the finals should be entertaining but I expect this one to really be special.
                        Talk about an understatement. Best round 3 since last season's LJ finals. Funny how the same guy was the hero in both games, eh?
                        Originally posted by Tone
                        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                        Originally posted by the_paul
                        Gargle battery acid fuckface
                        Originally posted by Material Girl
                        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

I'm not sure that whether or not being a good baser, on an individual level, is that significant. But what is hard is putting together a good quality squad.
                          It is possible to build a winning squad with an approach of 'we win at any cost' by ONLY considering the skills of each player. And my opinion is that what we have seen over the last 2-3 years, Pandora is a good example of this approach. Lots of turmoil, drama, mouthing off, ego clashing, and other immature behaviors, but they had a winning regular season.
                          Building a quality squad, one with skilled players, one that has a mature yet edgy characteristic, one with cool and interesting player base, one that is active enough to stay in practice, continues to become more and more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                            I'm not sure that whether or not being a good baser, on an individual level, is that significant. But what is hard is putting together a good quality squad.
                            It is possible to build a winning squad with an approach of 'we win at any cost' by ONLY considering the skills of each player. And my opinion is that what we have seen over the last 2-3 years, Pandora is a good example of this approach. Lots of turmoil, drama, mouthing off, ego clashing, and other immature behaviors, but they had a winning regular season.
                            Building a quality squad, one with skilled players, one that has a mature yet edgy characteristic, one with cool and interesting player base, one that is active enough to stay in practice, continues to become more and more difficult.
                            Agreed, but there is no squad that matches those criterias these days. The old squads never bothers to make their old players practice, and the old players doesn't want to practice because they've been playing too long. The best of the old vets still carrys their teams to victories, but these days with minimal of practice.

I can remember doing tons of 1v1 practice, I even flew around in priv areans firing at rocks to focus training on aim. Ranking on elim names were just a hobby on the side. Now I can't even bother to consentrate for more than one round of anything, nomatter what.
                            Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                              Brainwave ... afk :P
                              9:Basti> any1 want pw for squad BlowJob?
                              9:Inaphyt> no basti i want you to give me the password to your room so you can give me a blowjob
                              9:Basti> sure
                              9:Basti> we can take a basing duel in my bed
                              9:Inaphyt> hahahaha
                              9:Basti> i'll score
                              9:Basti> i'll ride my ship into ur cram
                              9:Basti> and take the flag
                              9:Inaphyt> ROFL
                              9:Basti> and finally lay a mine there

Comment

Originally posted by fireballz View Post
                                We beat every major team in that season, including the team that won LB Cup.
                                Let's see... You had a lagging jav who wasn't specced because he was a mod. Kudos on that. You won against Diso because you hid outside the base for 20-30 seconds. This was obviously before any rules regarding that were made. Nice job.

You won a regular season. Except you lost in the playoffs of the leagues that did had playoffs. Soo, apparently playoffs are different from regular season. Nice try fbz, but light were losers. Everyone in that season knows that entire twlb season was a sham, but you refuse to accept it. Keep on truckin'.

llater,
                                Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X