TWLB Week 1 Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
    yes I pm you bragging to join diso. Learn the language before you try to type it. And Im not gonna lie I asked you to join Disoblige once but even if you were on Diso you wouldn't start as we have warportal back now. And the last thing is I've played probably nearly as much TWLB as you have. Don't even know why your bothered to chime in... I wasn't even talking to you and I haven't even talked to you other then the one time a few months ago when you came back.
    1 - Cool!
    2 - I would never join disoblige, why would I? I 'unplug-cable'd' that squad back few years ago.
    3 - Played as much as TWLB as I have? Lol!
    4 - Afk polishing TWLB title.
    TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
    TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
    Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
    1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
    4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
    1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
      I'm sure one or several Disoblige members will respond with some attempt at witty sarcastic remarks directed at their own squad, or alternatively raging at the fact that someone disagrees with them, but to be completely honest, I don't give a fuck. Have a ball.

the only thing you need to realise is that scoop is not allowed to have any opinion at all on basing within the disoblige squadron which is why he is trying to voice his opinion at other places, such as this forum.

We have never said that we are gonna use specials at all cost. we play to win and we use the lineup we think is gonna be most successfull against our opponent. We might use 5 spiders, we might use 1 spider. Its not up to anyone except diso to decide or even talk about.

The thing is, however, that in my opinion, even if it was only a simple and useless preseason game, we have already shown that it actually is possible to win with specials, even if it was against an unmotivated pandora, and you already see alot more ?go base games with 1, 2 or even 3 "specials" which has made the games alot more fun.
      Originally posted by Tyson
      There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
      Originally posted by HeavenSent
      Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
      Originally posted by Izor
      Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by apt View Post
        juice doesnt need sharks to beat disoblige. :wub:
        hey apt, i still have your picture as forum avatar, though it's a bit messed up(thx dangergirl)

ps juice isn't what it used to be
        Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

Respect for diso for using specials. Always good matches to watch!
          I do think pandora is going to win this time though:P

Comment

re

gonna bend scoop side ways and stick my huge pandora penis up his ass that muthafucka is going down talking to much shit. I love owning people who talk shit like whole spastic squadron last season.

P.S. ph's being a pos again 16-10 in lj and didnt get mentioned GTFO PH
            TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
            TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
            KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
            1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
            1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

:sleeping:
              Originally posted by Tone
              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
              Originally posted by the_paul
              Gargle battery acid fuckface
              Originally posted by Material Girl
              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by eelam <tw> View Post
                gonna bend scoop side ways and stick my huge pandora penis up his ass that muthafucka is going down talking to much shit. I love owning people who talk shit like whole spastic squadron last season.

P.S. ph's being a pos again 16-10 in lj and didnt get mentioned GTFO PH
                hey eelam, what's up man?

you always crack me up when you say shit like this, no sarcasm... so please dude, don't fuck up.

please shove your huge pandora penis (i'm lmaoing.. im so high) down everyone's throat and be that dick that makes everyone spend the next fifty years trying to come up with excuses as to how you got that title.

i'm always with you eelam, in heart and spirit, if not body but i tell you what, you take that title and my season 7 win with your season 11 win equals 18, baby, and that's the age of consent.

may whatever sri-lankan god you kill goats to bless your day.
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider View Post
                  the only thing you need to realise is that scoop is not allowed to have any opinion at all on basing within the disoblige squadron which is why he is trying to voice his opinion at other places, such as this forum.

We have never said that we are gonna use specials at all cost. we play to win and we use the lineup we think is gonna be most successfull against our opponent. We might use 5 spiders, we might use 1 spider. Its not up to anyone except diso to decide or even talk about.

The thing is, however, that in my opinion, even if it was only a simple and useless preseason game, we have already shown that it actually is possible to win with specials, even if it was against an unmotivated pandora, and you already see alot more ?go base games with 1, 2 or even 3 "specials" which has made the games alot more fun.
                  That's fine Mantra, as much as I like scoop, coming on forums with a mainly dueling background and telling other people not to talk about basing combined with the hyping of Disoblige's "master plan" does reflect badly on your squad considering he is a Captain.

Additionally, I don't care what line you play in TWLB, as far as I'm concerned squads can do what they want, it just gets a tad annoying when people come on here like they deserve recognition for using a certain ship instead of a different ship.

P.S. When have ?go base games ever not included massive amounts of specials?
                  7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                  Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10
                  Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

What suprises me is that the people always have an opinion on everything but hardly anyone seems to be able to give any arguments.

Anyway here is why I think a strategy with specials is in theory better:

5 SPIDER STRATEGY:
                    Strengths:
                    1) It's a very simple strategy to get used to, so you reach a high level of organization/understanding rather quickly. This is also why it so quickly pushed away the use of specials( and lining), because the 5-spider strategy and cramming did show that a team would become a lot stronger when having a better organization. (Before basing was mainly chaotic and individual players would make the difference in matches)
                    2) If your team has a weak link in the spiderline, your better spiders can step up and eliminate the weakspot.

Weaknesses: (which is why I would never agree 5 spiders is essentially the best strategy):
                    1) The more spiders you play the less useful each spider gets. This is best shown in mass-basingevents with 20v20 freqs. There it's always the special (jav/wb) who make the differences. With 17 spiders you'll just have too many people trying to do the same thing. The more spiders you get, the more of a difference one jav/wb can make in comparison to 1 spider. With 8v8 basing it's the same. If you have 5 equally good spiders, by adding the 4th/5th, each will play less to his potential than with 3(maybe 4) spiders in.
                    2) It's easy to learn, but also a very limited strategy, it doesn't leave room for a different approach and it's hard to play anything different than cram-styled-basing. If one team simply has the better sharkingpair and a stronger line of 5 spiders chances you will beat them (when it matters) while using the exact same strategy are almost non-existant (hence Dice dominating the last seasons).

SPECIALS (preferably jav+wb)
                    Weaknesses:
                    1) It's difficult to learn, spiders/sharks/terrs all have to change their game to make the jav/wb useful and the jav/wb have to play in a certain way to actually be beneficial and not cause a loss of spiderpower. (not gonna explain how each ship should be played, because I still want to play with specials this season ).
                    2) Your team is as weak as your weakest link. Unlike with 5 spiders, where one weak spider doesn't have to hurt a team, with specials, if one player doesn't do his task your chances to win decrease enormously.

Strengths:
                    1)When a squad learns how to play with specials to perfection, they'll bring a lot more depth/dimensions to a basing-game, and will force the opponents to play in a different way. To teams who don't use specials and to spectators who aren't used to playing with specials, it looks as if specials simply make the game more 'chaotic', so the game can go either way. This is however not at all the case. For us, as we're slowly getting better at playing with specials, this 'chaos' is actually us taking control over the game. We're directing it, we're setting the rules, and our opponents (spiders/sharks/terr) will have to adapt to us. And because 5 spiders simply doesn't leave much room for creativity and playing at a different style, there's only so little these teams can do against us directing the game.
                    2) That brings me to point 2. Vica versa to my 5 spider argument, the wb and jav will bring something extra that the 4th and 5th spider won't bring. While on paper 2 extra spiders sounds like extra firepower that should win you most battles, it often isn't like that at all. 2/3 of those spiders will be chasing down 1 wb for half the game, playing completely different from how they should be in a 5spids-cram-styled strategy, and it also eliminates their extra firepower which they on paper had. And then they still have to deal with that annoying jav. So a jav/wb do not only bring something extra but also force the other team to change their own game.

Anyway I've no idea if we're good enough yet to beat one of the better 5-spider squads, Pandora, while using specials in TWL. In essence however I'm convinced that if you'd have 2 squads, one perfect at 5 spiders and one perfect at a strategy with (a) special(s), the latter would win most of the times. Right now I know we're nowhere close to perfect yet, however I hope we're good enough to be competitive in TWLB with specials, because I think it's a joy to play with a different strategy and I hope we can be somewhat of an entertainment factor this season, basing was really in a dead-end-street.

Anyway, in future I'll just go back to making short sarcastic remarks about how bad my squad is. It's easier, and wasting time on explaining something to this community is mostly quite pointless.

Comment

Disoblige wins one meaningless pre-season game with a jav/wb and it has become their league-winning strategy. You heard it here first, folks.

The only upside to squads using these ships is that it makes it more fun to shark against. The most fun I've ever had in a TWLB game was playing vs. Pallies with Divine Rides in wb, who had previously talked so much shit about how he was going to destroy us. Totally shut him down, though.

I believe that the best 5-spider team will still trump the best jav/wb team, as long as the spider team comes prepared. The only advantage the jav/wb team has is on cram attack, and that's only if the enemy sharks fuck up. Jav/wb is generally a huge disadvantage in any other situation.
                      sdg

Comment

Vids of the week:

Spastic v Juice
                        Dice v Thunder
                        Pandora v Diso

See ya there!

Comment

yay
                          sdg

Comment

Getcha popcorn ready.
                            Originally posted by Tone
                            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                            Originally posted by the_paul
                            Gargle battery acid fuckface
                            Originally posted by Material Girl
                            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
                              Getcha popcorn ready.
                              Didnt rly like my name in lb and lj NOT part
                              Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                              Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                              Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                              Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                              Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                              Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                              Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

i thought eelam wasn't playing this season.

only reason i am so adamant about this is because i wont be playing next season - eelam

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...ghlight=season

Comment

Working...
                                X