Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Informal discussion regarding rostering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Informal discussion regarding rostering.

SeRtIfI> Basically giving the responsibility of every single happening in a squad to the captain is stupid.

We were having a theoretical discussion.

Player A is a cap. Axes player B, because he hates him/her. Cap C demotes player A. Cap C accepts player B back on squad. But due to the fact Player B was axed DELIBERATELY, player B is no longer eligible to play TWL this week.

Rule 5.09
    In the event that a player is accidentally de-rostered (note: leaving a squad for any reason is not classified as an accident) from a Trench Wars League squad, an e-mail must be sent to the Trench Wars League Operators within 24 hours or else they will be subject to all roster lock and waiting period restrictions. (See Rules 5.06, 5.07 and 5.08). If the player becomes rostered on another Trench Wars Leagues or Trench Wars Divisions squad within the 24-hour period, this offer will not apply.

Discuss.

Player B wasn't accidently de-rostered. He was purposely de-rostered by a captain of the squad. If you dont want situations like this happening then pick better captains.
    Dice
    TWLB Champions Season 8
    TWLJ Champions Season 8
    TWLB Champions Season 10
    TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Originally posted by a2m+ View Post
      Player B wasn't accidently de-rostered. He was purposely de-rostered by a captain of the squad. If you dont want situations like this happening then pick better captains.
      That was my arguement. But Sert and I made a stalemate. so looking for some fresh views

Comment

:Stargazer <ER>:If there's really a valid reason, for leaving or having to leave a squad, and after that time not affecting any other squad, rejoining the same squad should be possible.

Rejoining and being able to play that is. ^

:Stargazer <ER>:There's not many valid reasons, but there in some occassions are. It gives TWL ops some more to do, but checking the validity of an appeal doesn't take long.

:Stargazer <ER>:Take into count the rostered time was 1 minute (EDIT:an example). And the situation was brought up to a TWL op immediately.

EDIT: This is just this occasion, but Cap C wasn't aware of Player A being captain, since this wasn't supposed to be so.

Basically I'm driving to get League Player Appeals possible for cases such as this.
        3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
        3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
        3:i.d.> da fk is that?
        3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
        3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
        3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
        3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
        3:Shadowmere> LOL
        3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
        Shadowmere> Rofl
        Up in ya !> With his feet
        Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
        Up in ya !> l44t feet
        Deft> l44t f44t*
        Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
        Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

accident-a detrimental event that occurs unexpectedly and unintentionally.

either re-word the rule or not. the way it's stated right now implies that only by accident can the player be de-rostered and be allowed back on. in your scenario he shouldn't be allowed to play this week. eelam's abused this rule in accordance to the soft lock though so who knows what shit you can pull.
          Originally posted by turmio
          jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
          Originally posted by grand
          I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Sert thats 2-0 for me

Comment

Easy solution: change rule, only objective indicators

I am in the favour of a 'one day cool down' period, with which I mean that if someone gets back on roster within 24 hours (after he got axed / left roster) it should be no problem for TWL, regardless if the deroster with accidental or on purpose (axing or leaving). One condition: the player hasn't joined a different squad.

In other words: the rule as it stands now is 'too strict'. Make it a lil softer and you don't need to discuss anything anymore, since the 24-hour thing + joining a different squads are the only real conditions and objective indicators.
              Last edited by Lame; 10-29-2007, 05:51 PM. Reason: Adding a title
              Winner TWL-B Season 10 dicE / TWL-D Runners up
              Winner TWL-D Season 8 -Final-
              Winner TWT Season (?) Melee
              Winner TWDL Season 2 Scrotal's Horde!!

Comment

Originally posted by a2m+ View Post
                Nothing more needs to be said. With (C) comes the expectation to not be an idiot.
                Originally posted by Tone
                It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                Originally posted by the_paul
                Gargle battery acid fuckface
                Originally posted by Material Girl
                I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Case in point: Eelam axed by Mouse during TWL playoffs, he wasnt allowed to play because it was after hard lock.

Like a2m and ph have already said, choose better captains.

Comment

I'm still driving for the outrageous rule of being punished of being on a roster for 1 minute, to be appeal able. I don't actually mind the comments, whether they're against or for me.

The fact that the Player B that was rostered for 1 minute, then re-rostered, while not affecting any other squad in any way, punished, is in my opinion, and in common sense (at least for me), outright dumb.

Bringing in Player League Appeals (that would work just like League Game Appeals - e-mail), wouldn't at least hurt. I don't even think it could be in any (easy) way abused. It really doesn't take long for a TWL op to decide whether - in this case - a player deliberately meant to hurt a squad by leaving, or something else (de-rostered + rostered) happens.

As long as the situation is brought to TWL staff's knowledge as soon as possible, something should be doable.
                    3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
                    3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
                    3:i.d.> da fk is that?
                    3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
                    3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
                    3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
                    3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
                    3:Shadowmere> LOL
                    3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
                    Shadowmere> Rofl
                    Up in ya !> With his feet
                    Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
                    Up in ya !> l44t feet
                    Deft> l44t f44t*
                    Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
                    Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

i don't know what the point of this is. don't get axed. it isn't hard to not get axed from a squad unless you have horrible captains, in which case you probably deserve it for joining the squad in the first place.
                      violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                      [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

lol 6-0 for me

Comment

7-0

Don't make your squad problems other people's problems, be responsible for your own behavior.
                          Captains should communicate with each other BEFORE taking action.

Comment

Competent and mature captains make this a moot problem. TWL rules shouldn't be bent to cater to the idiocy of a select few. If you're the owner of a squad and can't trust two people to act without that sort of extreme bias and immaturity, then you shouldn't have 2 other captains in the first place.
                            LUE 402 >>> j00
                            Ha ha HA. Not to scale.

Comment

I like Lame's idea
                              SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
                              SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
                              Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
                              Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
                              1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
                              1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

Working...
                              X